Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

44 minutes ago, NBTA said:

He blatantly lied, I videotaped him actually admitting to leaving me behind in Norwood, its on Twitter, if you want to see.

I definitely believe that you have op's out here playing games..... You can still show it to me though.

• Upvote 2

When a NYCT Bus gets transferred to an MTA Bus Depot, is the farebox removed before the move or when it arrives at the destined depot? 

Edited by Calvin

9 hours ago, Calvin said:

When a NYCT Bus gets transferred to an MTA Bus Depot, is the farebox removed before the move or when it arrives at the destined depot? 

My guess is that it’s the NYCT depot removes the fare box so that they can use it on another bus.

Edited by Snorunts
  • Like 1

Hoping the Brooklyn Division receives another wrap campaign for this month. So far pretty good with 2 campaigns for the month of September. 

15 hours ago, Calvin said:

when units are transferred from TA/OA to BC, fareboxes are always removed beforehand. depots keep fareboxes in stock for if/when that unit returns or to utilize on another unit. the only time fareboxes aren't removed are when a unit is moved from a TA/OA depot to another TA/OA depot or BC to BC

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have a question so a MTA transfer can get you onto 2 NICE connecting buses, but does the reverse hold true as well? If I take the N20H to the N20G, is there still a transfer on my card for an MTA bus?

I find it funny that my Megabus tickets from Syracuse, NY to NYC only cost $5 per person while the express bus, which travels within NYC costs $6.75.

20 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

I find it funny that my Megabus tickets from Syracuse, NY to NYC only cost $5 per person while the express bus, which travels within NYC costs $6.75.

Can't compare the two.

Megabus only offers tickets that cheap to fill seats and beat the competition(Peter Pan, Greyhound, Boltbus, ect).

Edited by Cait Sith
  • Upvote 2

2 wrap campaigns- Manhattan Division for the month of October so far. Would be good if the Brooklyn Division to get one of these. Spotted these on the Lower East Side. 

url%5D

url%5D

2887 is currently doing a trip on the SIM33, which is a Meredith route.

I'm just slightly annoyed I'm not by Brookfield Place right now since I already have photos of that bus on the SIM7 and SIM9 over there and I don't know when I might next get a chance to "complete the set"

37 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

2 wrap campaigns- Manhattan Division for the month of October so far. Would be good if the Brooklyn Division to get one of these. Spotted these on the Lower East Side. 

url%5D

Actually I just saw the standard king version of the Watchmen ad this afternoon on 757. Hopefully Ulmer Park's Prevost's get that wrap cause it looks sharp.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

2887 is currently doing a trip on the SIM33, which is a Meredith route.

I'm just slightly annoyed I'm not by Brookfield Place right now since I already have photos of that bus on the SIM7 and SIM9 over there and I don't know when I might next get a chance to "complete the set"

Actually I just saw the standard king version of the Watchmen ad this afternoon on 757. Hopefully Ulmer Park's Prevost's get that wrap cause it looks sharp.

It appears that Ulmer Park should be getting this. Yes, the standard version looks great too which all the divisions citywide have. Peep this, the November (beard) Project also has a wrap right now on MJQ routes so far. Saw the wrap while driving down Houston Street. Couldn’t get a Foto. However, if I catch it in Midtown than I will snap a foto. 

Are the Columbia Transportation Xcelsiors XDE40s or XE40s?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows!

50 minutes ago, Jova42R said:

Are the Columbia Transportation Xcelsiors XDE40s or XE40s?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows!

Those are electric XE40s.

45017137152_ef4e18a5aa_c.jpgIMG_1877 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

I noticed something with the NYC Marathon ads for 2019. They got rid of the 30x240 ads that were famous for years and now have headliners only in the Manhattan Division while others have the regular standard billboards. The (MTA) needs to invest in putting more headliners outside the Manhattan Division. 

8 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

I noticed something with the NYC Marathon ads for 2019. They got rid of the 30x240 ads that were famous for years and now have headliners only in the Manhattan Division while others have the regular standard billboards. The (MTA) needs to invest in putting more headliners outside the Manhattan Division. 

Manhattan has the most foot traffic

39 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Can someone confirm the B48, B57, B60 to Grand Avenue in January? I hope it’s true.

I'm hearing yes. Since the Q58 is not going artic yet. The B13 will be kept at FP. 

You can check again during the holidays next month as details are given the "green light" 

Edited by Calvin
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Jdog14 said:

Manhattan has the most foot traffic

I will say this. Manhattan May have more foot traffic. But, in recent years Brooklyn is becoming the go to destination. I guess in the world of Transit Advertising Manhattan gets the cake while the other boroughs suffer with lousy ads if you ask me. 

I think this past week alone I’ve seen 5 new wraps specifically for the Manhattan Division maybe with at least 2 wraps could go to Brooklyn. 

48 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I will say this. Manhattan May have more foot traffic. But, in recent years Brooklyn is becoming the go to destination. I guess in the world of Transit Advertising Manhattan gets the cake while the other boroughs suffer with lousy ads if you ask me. 

Outside of the hubs (Downtown Brooklyn, Flushing, Jamaica, etc) there's just not enough foot traffic whereas almost all of Manhattan is busy enough to justify these huge ad buys.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Outside of the hubs (Downtown Brooklyn, Flushing, Jamaica, etc) there's just not enough foot traffic whereas almost all of Manhattan is busy enough to justify these huge ad buys.

Point well taken. At least for Brooklyn Ulmer Park will get them by default b/c they are an express bus depot and since none of their routes go Downtown Brooklyn it’s good for them.  

However, for the rest of the Division it’s a catch 22 to which ads are good. I was a bit surprised that Postmates came to Brooklyn meanwhile übereats and Honest Tea didn’t. It’s all about being selective and the ad’s reach. 

LFSE+ got revealed, I wonder if the TA would pick up those buses on a test. What do you guys think the probability that the MTA would get these LFSE+s?

• Thanks 1