BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2887 is currently doing a trip on the SIM33, which is a Meredith route.

I'm just slightly annoyed I'm not by Brookfield Place right now since I already have photos of that bus on the SIM7 and SIM9 over there and I don't know when I might next get a chance to "complete the set"

37 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

2 wrap campaigns- Manhattan Division for the month of October so far. Would be good if the Brooklyn Division to get one of these. Spotted these on the Lower East Side. 

url%5D

Actually I just saw the standard king version of the Watchmen ad this afternoon on 757. Hopefully Ulmer Park's Prevost's get that wrap cause it looks sharp.

14 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

2887 is currently doing a trip on the SIM33, which is a Meredith route.

I'm just slightly annoyed I'm not by Brookfield Place right now since I already have photos of that bus on the SIM7 and SIM9 over there and I don't know when I might next get a chance to "complete the set"

Actually I just saw the standard king version of the Watchmen ad this afternoon on 757. Hopefully Ulmer Park's Prevost's get that wrap cause it looks sharp.

It appears that Ulmer Park should be getting this. Yes, the standard version looks great too which all the divisions citywide have. Peep this, the November (beard) Project also has a wrap right now on MJQ routes so far. Saw the wrap while driving down Houston Street. Couldn’t get a Foto. However, if I catch it in Midtown than I will snap a foto. 

8 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

I noticed something with the NYC Marathon ads for 2019. They got rid of the 30x240 ads that were famous for years and now have headliners only in the Manhattan Division while others have the regular standard billboards. The (MTA) needs to invest in putting more headliners outside the Manhattan Division. 

Manhattan has the most foot traffic

39 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Can someone confirm the B48, B57, B60 to Grand Avenue in January? I hope it’s true.

I'm hearing yes. Since the Q58 is not going artic yet. The B13 will be kept at FP. 

You can check again during the holidays next month as details are given the "green light" 

Edited by Calvin

16 hours ago, Jdog14 said:

Manhattan has the most foot traffic

I will say this. Manhattan May have more foot traffic. But, in recent years Brooklyn is becoming the go to destination. I guess in the world of Transit Advertising Manhattan gets the cake while the other boroughs suffer with lousy ads if you ask me. 

I think this past week alone I’ve seen 5 new wraps specifically for the Manhattan Division maybe with at least 2 wraps could go to Brooklyn. 

48 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I will say this. Manhattan May have more foot traffic. But, in recent years Brooklyn is becoming the go to destination. I guess in the world of Transit Advertising Manhattan gets the cake while the other boroughs suffer with lousy ads if you ask me. 

Outside of the hubs (Downtown Brooklyn, Flushing, Jamaica, etc) there's just not enough foot traffic whereas almost all of Manhattan is busy enough to justify these huge ad buys.

9 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Outside of the hubs (Downtown Brooklyn, Flushing, Jamaica, etc) there's just not enough foot traffic whereas almost all of Manhattan is busy enough to justify these huge ad buys.

Point well taken. At least for Brooklyn Ulmer Park will get them by default b/c they are an express bus depot and since none of their routes go Downtown Brooklyn it’s good for them.  

However, for the rest of the Division it’s a catch 22 to which ads are good. I was a bit surprised that Postmates came to Brooklyn meanwhile übereats and Honest Tea didn’t. It’s all about being selective and the ad’s reach. 

23 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

I think this past week alone I’ve seen 5 new wraps specifically for the Manhattan Division maybe with at least 2 wraps could go to Brooklyn. 

Brooklyn's been "up and coming"....

Serious question though: Are you really interested in the product, service, or event that's being advertised on these ads, or are you simply concerned with what they do for the external aesthetics of the bus?

3 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Brooklyn's been "up and coming"....

Serious question though: Are you really interested in the product, service, or event that's being advertised on these ads, or are you simply concerned with what they do for the external aesthetics of the bus?

If I properly use my context clues based on all his comments. I'd say the latter one.

On 10/12/2019 at 9:56 PM, Snorunts said:

Can someone confirm the B48, B57, B60 to Grand Avenue in January? I hope it’s true.

We won't know until the system pick details come out.

6 hours ago, NBTA said:

LFSE+ got revealed, I wonder if the TA would pick up those buses on a test. What do you guys think the probability that the MTA would get these LFSE+s?

As a test, sure.

As a full order....not so much.

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

The Diesel Orion VII (3563) now has Spring Creek logos. 

Ehh IDK how to feel about this, it has the same power train as the C40s do so there isn't much of an difference from a fan POV. Catching 3563 on the Green Lines routes was fun cause it was the lone diesel bus in a sea of hybrids. I do love the power that 3563 has so I guess I'd hope to catch it on the B103 one of these days. Kinda wish they sent SC a hybrid instead though.