Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

On 10/12/2019 at 9:56 PM, Snorunts said:

Can someone confirm the B48, B57, B60 to Grand Avenue in January? I hope it’s true.

Confirmed. B48, B57 and B60 are scheduled on Grand Ave's pick.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

It’s great that the M14 and M15 are seeing some improvements. My only grip with the M14 is even though it pretty much has 14th street to itself, some bus drivers still crawl along 14th street and it’s super annoying.

The first day of the busway had drivers crawling just to stick to the schedule.

Make of that what you will.

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Does the SBS have to crawl as well to maintain its schedule? I would think that the SBS routes have free reign because there aren't a lot of timepoints, but I've seen SBS buses drive at a snail's pace in clear traffic sometimes as well.

3 hours ago, Lex said:

53 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

Does the SBS have to crawl as well to maintain its schedule? I would think that the SBS routes have free reign because there aren't a lot of timepoints, but I've seen SBS buses drive at a snail's pace in clear traffic sometimes as well.

Not the drivers' fault.  You would think that they would adjust the schedules... Nope... 

Actually, it is the drivers’ fault. They have the willpower to challenge & question the unnecessary & outdated runtime by simply going faster, as the busways are intended to be used for. Yet they conform & cower, like cowards.

8 minutes ago, Axis said:

Actually, it is the drivers’ fault. They have the willpower to challenge & question the unnecessary & outdated runtime by simply going faster, as the busways are intended to be used for. Yet they conform & cower, like cowards.

How does that make sense.

If they run hot, they can get in trouble. Do you not understand that?

• Thanks 1
  • LMAO! 6

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Not the drivers' fault.  You would think that they would adjust the schedules... Nope... 

The busway was supposed to go live back in August but was postponed. They didn’t adjust the Schedule because the pick started well before the busway went into effect. 

6 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

...My only grip with the M14 is even though it pretty much has 14th street to itself, some bus drivers still crawl along 14th street and it’s super annoying.

However the other day I did take the M15 local from Allen Street and Houston to 1st Ave and 60th and I gotta say that driver really knew how to drive an artic. It was around 9:20pm and we were flying up 1st Ave. I didn’t know it was possible to knock out that ride in 17 minutes. We only made about 3 or 4 stops too which was surprising to me given the high ridership of the M15 in general. But man when you catch a driver who doesn’t play any games you notice a difference in travel time compared to those who are slow and just crawl at 20mph. 

From Houston to 60th is about 3 miles.... Doing that in 17 minutes yields an avg. speed of somewhere around 10-12mph (rough math)....

In any case, it's sad that we NY-ers have to consider that to be hauling ass.....

1 hour ago, Axis said:

Actually, it is the drivers’ fault. They have the willpower to challenge & question the unnecessary & outdated runtime by simply going faster, as the busways are intended to be used for.

The b/o's themselves don't set the runtimes of the very routes they operate along.... Willpower has nothing to do with anything here....

This prattle of yours is misguided.....

1 hour ago, Axis said:

....Yet they conform & cower, like cowards.

Sounds like Aaron Boone & the 2019 Yankees.

Edited by B35 via Church
  • LMAO! 3

2 hours ago, Axis said:

Taking unrelated bitterness (for a nonsensical commute!) out on the drivers, I see...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Taking unrelated bitterness (for a nonsensical commute!) out on the drivers, I see...

Regardless, the shit's incoherent....

How do you rebel against something that's your own fault !

8 hours ago, Axis said:

Someone doesn't have bills to pay I see....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Axis said:

Drivers can't go faster. They're being monitored by cameras and GPS installed in the buses. I learned this the other day from a NICE bus driver doing an afternoon run on the Mercy Medical Shuttle. 

On 10/18/2019 at 12:53 PM, Axis said:

Since I didn't see an  / s at the end of your post I guess you were serious  about your post. Let's say a B/O has 55 minutes to get from point A to point B. That's the guideline he/she has to adhere to. Are you actually advocating the B/O should break that guideline because he/she feels like it ? IDK if you are gainfully employed anywhere or if you're  a student yet to enter the workforce so here's a bit of advice from someone who put in 30 years in Transit and 50 years total in the workforce. The quickest way to lose a job is to disobey the rules/ guidelines. Unless you own your company you CYA and abide by your employer's rules. That's rule # 1 anywhere you go. Carry on.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

It's also worth noting that while running hot may be good for people already on the bus, it's not good for people who made plans to board the bus according to its schedule.

There's no way to tell that your bus is early, and there's not much you can do about an early bus except wait. If the next bus is ontime, you're now waiting a lot longer.

Schedules exist for a reason, fighting them isn't some sexy act of rebellion.

Edited by bobtehpanda
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Does anyone have (or know of a place where one could obtain) the route distances of all the bus routes in the system?

Boarded a crowded B3 to the (Q) train station from Av. U and W.7 St. 

-At Ocean Pkwy, two folks got on the rear door without fare. Op stops the bus and doesn't move b/c, they didn't pay on board.

Resulting them giving a finger. Then, it went back in-service and left to its destination. That was 7 mins gone to waste.  

Message was: "No fare = No Ride"

Edited by Calvin

Cowards? Wow.

My passengers have insults that hurt marginally more than that. 

• Thanks 1
  • LMAO! 1

So in other words, you want operators to break their paddles and the rules just for you, so they can get fired.....I thought the "last Q44 of the night" would be the dumbest thing you have ever said.

You surely 1-upped yourself this time.

Edited by Cait Sith
  • Thanks 1
  • LMAO! 6
  • Upvote 2

On 10/11/2019 at 5:47 PM, Future ENY OP said:

url%5D

Yukon and Charleston both have this wrap. Saw them today on Hylan Blvd.

I've yet to see them at Ulmer Park; right now its a lot of Postmates wraps with some Casper wraps.

Edited by Around the Horn
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Yukon and Charleston both have this wrap. Saw them today on Hylan Blvd.

I've yet to see them at Ulmer Park; right now its a lot of Postmates wraps with some Casper wraps.

I did spot one on a Ulmer Park bus sometime on Friday. It's a 24xx bus. I was driving thru Midtown when I spotted it. Couldn't get a pic.

However, UP does have it tho. You might see it in Bay Ridge via X27..

Those Casper wraps could make it to the other Brooklyn Division depots within a few days.

However:  This particular wrap spotted at: MQ/MHV,MCH and now Flatbush Ave (FB)..

url%5D

2 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Forgot to post this, but 7780 (A XD40 that is not SBS wrapped) was on the 82 SBS yesterday, for anybody who cares lol

Try this. 4618 was on the 44SBS this morning. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Forgot to post this, but 7780 (A XD40 that is not SBS wrapped) was on the 82 SBS yesterday, for anybody who cares lol

Ive seen regular XD40s on the 82 SBS few times along with 7649 local scheme on the 46 SBS lol

Edited by Jdog14
  • Thumbs Up 1