BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Q23 via 108 said:

Thought they were going to preserve one?

Yes, that's correct (forgot to pin that reply) I mean to answer as none left: there's none that's by the lot on the left of Tillotson Av/Connor St where all the retired VIIs/Vs were there before.

Edited by Calvin

20 minutes ago, Missabassie said:

Don't they DH to/from Mike Quill that way?

Those two looked like they were deadheading deep downtown possibly towards Brooklyn. Again, when I mentioned it yesterday it was an unknown destination. The buses didn’t have a  red hold decal and or a transfer sheet on the windshield. I was driving north on WSH towards 42nd-MQ Territory.   

However, they are both back at MQ as of this morning. 5451 on the M34SBS, 5458 on M34A-SBS.. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

4 hours ago, MHV184 said:

Ok some kids just pulled the emergency brakes on 6240 for no reason and now the Q53 is stranded out here

Let me explain this situation because I acted as one of the witnesses on the bus.

There was a group of teens in the middle of 6240. They pulled the E-brake in the middle section at the area of Broadway and Elmhurst Avenue and ran off. As I got off, they was talking about why you recording us you all P***y ain't gonna do S**t. Another group and I stood with the b/o (and now that I think about it I knew the b/o from way back and it didn't click at the time) and showed the superintendent what we got. We board back onto the Q53 going to Rockaway Park and one of the teens gets back on board in the same area. This time we was ready to record and catch him slipping. I moved up a bit to get him to notice me recording him and have someone else catch his face. As I record him he pulls the E-brake once again in the rear and attempted to catch him but wasn't really able to. However the plan I had worked and we got a CLEAR SHOT of his face as a result.

@BigJay0130 It didn't click but I don't think you remembered me either (especially since I have somewhat of a different look now) but glad to see you again and I'm glad my group and I was able to help out with the situation on 6240. 

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

4 hours ago, Calvin said:

Boarded the Bx2 from Yankee Stadium to the Hostos College. Unit was 4749, the rear has duct tape plastered on the rear of the bus and holes from left to right. 

What are you surprised? Kingsbridge keeps their buses in horrible shape, especially those artics. I jumped on the Bx10 yesterday after voting to catch my Metro-North train since I just missed the shuttle bus and was surprised that the bus wasn’t run down. It was one of the new ones though.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

6 hours ago, Calvin said:

Boarded the Bx2 from Yankee Stadium to the Hostos College. Unit was 4749, the rear has duct tape plastered on the rear of the bus and holes from left to right. 

There’s a Grand Avenue unit with duct tape on the rear as well. It’s one of the later Ex Gun Hill units. A late #4770’s or one of the #4780’s.