BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

16 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

The Bensonhurst bound B6 & B82 local have all door boarding at the new Rockaway Parkway (L) bus terminal. No swiping on the local & limited buses just walk right on. ENY bound you still gotta swipe to transfer to the subway.

Also SBS 82 riders still gotta get a ticket from the machine.

That doesn’t really make sense to me. I’m hoping that the SBS82 doesn’t make a stop into the station. Just keep the current stop in front of Capital one. 

However, there should be extra spacing for terminating buses at Rockaway Parkway Sta. 

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alrighty Folks I got some Flatbush Depot news:

This morning I was one of the first Articulated buses to operate on the SBS46 from Kings Plaza to DeKalb Ave. It was a full passenger service test and expect buses to be out on the road during AM rush hour and PM rush hour only for the time being. Management wanted more buses out on the road but the union wanted only 3 buses out for the time being.

Just now, Future ENY OP said:

That doesn’t really make sense to me. I’m hoping that the SBS82 doesn’t make a stop into the station. Just keep the current stop in front of Capital one. 

However, there should be extra spacing for terminating buses at Rockaway Parkway Sta. 

All westbound B6 and B82 buses stop in fare control. The SBS machines there are simply programmed to avoid the penalty, but if you're not convinced, just take a different bus.

20 minutes ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

This morning I was one of the first Articulated buses to operate on the SBS46 from Kings Plaza to DeKalb Ave. It was a full passenger service test and expect buses to be out on the road during AM rush hour and PM rush hour only for the time being. Management wanted more buses out on the road but the union wanted only 3 buses out for the time being.

Time being meaning before New Years? 

2 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

This is awesome. Will it run on Friday morning at 7:30-8:00 AM? I would like to ride one on my way to work.

23 minutes ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Yes for now only 3 - 6 buses will be out in service at a certain time. We still have a few issues we are experiencing since DOT hasn’t  keep up with their part of the bargain

I wish I could at least feign surprise...

On 12/28/2019 at 6:57 PM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I wonder if the MCH and MJQ XD60 swap has something to do with how sluggish the 2019 XD60s are? 

Anyways, personally I would've let MCH have the new LFSAs for the M15 SBS, Flatbush have all XD60s for the B44 SBS and soon to be converted B46 SBS, and Quill have the mixed artic fleet. 

The DOB is just proof that the MTA isn't getting right anytime soon. 

Nah, personally I'm glad FB got to keep some LFS artics. But thats just my preference.

Edited by Missabassie

9 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Seems like the B46-SBS is getting the same treatment as the Bx35 were it starts using (testing) articulated buses before the start of the new pick.

Pick starts on the 19th of January 2020, correct? That’s what a Fresh Pond operator told me.

I thought it was January 5th.

Anyways, man these new Nova LFSAs😍 well its a GunHill SBS bus so I'm not surprised its broken in already this much. 

22 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Seems like the B46-SBS is getting the same treatment as the Bx35 were it starts using (testing) articulated buses before the start of the new pick.

Pick starts on the 19th of January 2020, correct? That’s what a Fresh Pond operator told me.

I think the pick starts January 5th. 

The B82-SBS did have that same situation that it's starts on September but, ended up being in service on October 2018. 

Edited by Calvin

34 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

1/5/20- Pick in effect. 

Edit:  5500 is on the 46SBS- PM rush. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

@Flatbush SBS Duece's last post just made me think of the capacity issues Flatbush Depot has basically faced even before the LFSAs first arrived in Brooklyn. It would be really nice if there were at least some plans to increase capacity there, especially to minimize the odds of needing to park buses on the street. It would be especially useful once the entire fleet runs strictly off of electricity.