BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

2 minutes ago, Calvin said:

I wonder with the amount of buses Flatbush depot have, do they also store the rest by the lot around Av.N? (close to the B41 bus stop and the Park)

Not only do I live near there but I pass by it and I do see a few buses stored in that parking lot on Avenue N here and there. I also recall seeing nearly 15-20 buses (all standard units) parked on both sides of Flatbush Avenue, the south curb of Fillmore Avenue, and the west curb of Utica Avenue.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Not only do I live near there but I pass by it and I do see a few buses stored in that parking lot on Avenue N here and there. I also recall seeing nearly 15-20 buses (all standard units) parked on both sides of Flatbush Avenue, the south curb of Fillmore Avenue, and the west curb of Utica Avenue.

We are over the max with buses not enough room to park them due to the high deliveries of Artic buses.

They are planning to send some buses out to other depots such as ENY, Fresh Pond to get rid of the Old Hybrids OG’s. At the same time I’m try to fight to make sure the bush keeps all their 7600’s new flyers and send them for local routes. Right now we have a load of Articulated buses thats taking so much space. 

28 minutes ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

They are planning to send some buses out to other depots such as ENY, Fresh Pond to get rid of the Old Hybrids OG’s. At the same time I’m try to fight to make sure the bush keeps all their 7600’s new flyers and send them for local routes. Right now we have a load of Articulated buses thats taking so much space. 

I heard (which could be true or false please don’t quote me on this as I am not coming up with this info myself) that Flatbush will send out a bunch of 2009 NG Hybrids.

20 to Fresh Pond.

12 to Grand Avenue.

05 to East New York.

18 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

I heard (which could be true or false please don’t quote me on this as I am not coming up with this info myself) that Flatbush will send out a bunch of 2009 NG Hybrids.

20 to Fresh Pond.

12 to Grand Avenue.

05 to East New York.

How about this. Let’s wait until DOB decides what to do with FB’s NG’s. Because by looking this post itself to me what your saying doesn’t make any type of sense at all.

I think I’ve been on this forum to see if something is totally not right. (Just my opinion)

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

How about this. Let’s wait until DOB decides what to do with FB’s NG’s. Because by looking this post itself to me what your saying doesn’t make any type of sense at all.

I think I’ve been on this forum to see if something is totally not right. (Just my opinion)

As I mentioned, don’t quote me on this. And there is no need to get defensive. But I do agree, let’s wait because this is up to the Department of Buses.

9 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I thought it was January 5th.

Anyways, man these new Nova LFSAs😍 well its a GunHill SBS bus so I'm not surprised its broken in already this much. 

Sheesh. That practically sounds like a two-stroke lol. Engine bearings'll be gone quickly if it keeps revving like that as well. 

I'm sorry but I think my new favorite model bus is the 2019 Nova LFS. Mann the way Staten Island hauls these buses made me fall in love. And the S79 is BEAUTIFUL now with these buses. I changed my commute now from bus-ferry-subway to bus-S79-subway. These buses have finished me, they accelerate FAST, they are SOLID, the new automated announcements give the bus personality, and that transmission be going through it! 

I'm happy, I don't expect nothing from the MTA, but we also have OMNY so our buses work and look extra futuristic, it's just great. 

@Cait Sith First Happy New Year! You're usually on the island frequently. I haven't seen no video footage of you recording out here in a while, you plan on riding these anytime on the S79? 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

1 minute ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I'm sorry but I think my new favorite model bus is the 2019 Nova LFS. Mann the way Staten Island hauls these buses made me fall in love. And the S79 is BEAUTIFUL now with these buses. I changed my commute now from bus-ferry-subway to bus-S79-subway. These buses have finished me, they accelerate FAST, they are SOLID, the new automated announcements give the bus personality, and that transmission be going through it! 

I'm happy, I don't expect nothing from the MTA, but we also have OMNY so our buses work and look extra futuristic, it's just great. 

The 2019 LFSs are awesome!

3 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

@Cait Sith First Happy New Year! You're usually on the island frequently. I haven't seen no video footage of you recording out here in a while, you plan on riding these anytime on the S79? 

Lol new year new name? “Novaboii” :D 

5 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Happy New Year to you too sir.

I've mostly been out there to visit family. The days I've been out there, it's been too cold for me to even bother whipping out the camera. I'll get to those new Novas eventually.

1 hour ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

That's a good one lol

5 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

LMAOO that's hilarious 🤣 I can use that internally 🤫.

4 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Happy New Year to you too sir.

I've mostly been out there to visit family. The days I've been out there, it's been too cold for me to even bother whipping out the camera. I'll get to those new Novas eventually.

That's a good one lol

Ahh gotcha, sounds good. Yeah them buses are starting to break in pretty nicely, a lot of them are whining down the street now.