BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Soon, Woodhaven/Cross Bay Blvd SBS Q52/3: You will see a mixture of regular blue with aqua blue XD-60s in appearance as in even 6000s, their own 6200s as well as 5300s. Only the 6000s will have SBS showing on the front of the bus. 

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Soon, Woodhaven/Cross Bay Blvd SBS Q52/3: You will see a mixture of regular blue with aqua blue XD-60s in appearance as in even 6000s, their own 6200s as well as 5300s. Only the 6000s will have SBS showing on the front of the bus. 

Which fleet of the 6000’s are they (LGA) keeping. 6068-6092 (even)?  and will the rest of the JFK fleet going down to Brooklyn or will that stay at JFK. 

30 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Which fleet of the 6000’s are they (LGA) keeping. 6068-6092 (even)?  and will the rest of the JFK fleet going down to Brooklyn or will that stay at JFK. 

The one that's bolded. The rest of the 6000s at JFK will move when the rest of the 6200s arrive to JFK

10 hours ago, Calvin said:

The one that's bolded. The rest of the 6000s at JFK will move when the rest of the 6200s arrive to JFK

Too bad no more than the few 6000’s at LGA are staying. I was really looking forward to seeing artics on the Q6 and or Q64. The Q64 does occasionally run artics but those are interlined runs I believe. 

1 minute ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Too bad no more than the few 6000’s at LGA are staying. I was really looking forward to seeing artics on the Q6 and or Q64. The Q64 does occasionally run artics but those are interlined runs I believe. 

Hopefully we get another order, presumably for Artics, not just for MTA Bus, but for Transit as well.

14 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

All these artics being ordered, but they still somehow manage to maintain an all standard fleet during snowstorms. I don't get it. What's gonna happen when there's more artics than standards? 

Most people don’t travel as much during snowstorms. So I’d assume they would be able to manage a bit. Besides the Bronx is artic land and they managed with artics for years.

15 minutes ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Its a wrap bus. We sent out 3 to 4 wrap buses out on the B41.... More will be all over the depot routes this week. 

Do you know when the B46 sbs will be fully artic? I’ve seen two over the holiday since it’s one of my home bus routes. 

Just waiting to see how many 2005 Orions remaining at ENY and FP are about to be sent to scrap in the next few days / weeks. 

I still didn't get a ride on 6490, and unfortunately don't think I'll be able to make time for a ride before it's gone.

Edited by 4P3607
Corrected

1 minute ago, Snorunts said:

7617 and 7620 are on the B41 and are still in the SBS scheme. Gotta check on 7621 and 7634 but I’m pretty sure they are as well.

That is correct. All the wrapped buses will be rotated throughout FB routes. Check the previous messages on fleet or bus moves thread for answers.

5 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

That is correct. All the wrapped buses will be rotated throughout FB routes. Check the previous messages on fleet or bus moves thread for answers.

SBS scheme is paint. They will be wrapped with the local scheme. You can't have two wraps on top of each other. 

2 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

SBS scheme is paint. They will be wrapped with the local scheme. You can't have two wraps on top of each other. 

Something I’m wondering is how they convert those from SBS ➡️ Local or vise versa? Do they just use dark blue paint and paint over the aqua SBS paint? Do they peel off the aqua paint first and then repaint the bus dark blue?

15 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Something I’m wondering is how they convert those from SBS ➡️ Local or vise versa? Do they just use dark blue paint and paint over the aqua SBS paint? Do they peel off the aqua paint first and then repaint the bus dark blue?

They just wrap the bottom part of the bus with the local scheme. The top of the bus above the window is blue paint, and the stripes is the wrap. 

The XD60s are painted on the top half of the bus with the SBS scheme painted on the bottom  half, and the local wrap on top of the painted SBS scheme. 

So all of the MTA bus XD60s have the SBS scheme painted underneath the local wrap. 

2 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

They just wrap the bottom part of the bus with the local scheme. The top of the bus above the window is blue paint, and the stripes is the wrap. 

The XD60s are painted on the top half of the bus with the SBS scheme painted on the bottom  half, and the local wrap on top of the painted SBS scheme. 

So all of the MTA bus XD60s have the SBS scheme painted underneath the local wrap. 

To my knowledge the 2020 units at MTA Bus do not have SBS paint.

3 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Geared towards the bus operators when you going down the road example one after another on the q46 when you pass each other at a stop what does the blowing the horn mean?

That the bus intends to bypass the first bus and the driver of the stopped bus knows to let the other bus pass before pulling out.

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

To my knowledge the 2020 units at MTA Bus do not have SBS paint.

No...they DO have SBS paint. Here I'll show you and Future ENY OP. 

FED1-E75-A-8-AE0-449-E-A8-C7-6-D84-D5268

01049918-847-B-4-AC6-BCEF-D92168253-D16.

Video below for reference : Skip to 0:49 seconds. And then 2:02 seconds. 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888