BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In effect
Bx27 bus stop adjustments

Theses changes are due to the introduction of articulated buses on this route.

Discontinued bus stops:
West Farms Rd at Westchester Av (both directions)

New bus stops:
Westchester Av at Hoe Av (northbound)

Hoe Av at Westchester Av (southbound)

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

In effect
Bx27 bus stop adjustments

Theses changes are due to the introduction of articulated buses on this route.

Discontinued bus stops:
West Farms Rd at Westchester Av (both directions)

New bus stops:
Westchester Av at Hoe Av (northbound)

Hoe Av at Westchester Av (southbound)

The Bx27 is not going artic. This is referenced to the Bx35 going artic back in the fall. They never corrected it. When the Bx35 went artic, the terminal could not fit the Bx11, 27, and 35, so they moved the Bx27 to the far side of West Farms Road and Hoe Avenue.

There is still some information that the MTA has not corrected for some of the Bronx routes.

14 minutes ago, Mpn4179 said:

The Bx27 is not going artic. This is referenced to the Bx35 going artic back in the fall. They never corrected it. When the Bx35 went artic, the terminal could not fit the Bx11, 27, and 35, so they moved the Bx27 to the far side of West Farms Road and Hoe Avenue.

There is still some information that the MTA has not corrected for some of the Bronx routes.

Not really. They can move parked buses across the street, no reason to move the Bx27’s stop a block off. All buses can fit in that terminal. Articulation does not have to be different from where the Bx35 is articulated. If it was that way, then the service on any articulated route should’ve changed right from the start, not three or four months later

Edited by FLX9304

8 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

Not really. They can move parked buses across the street, no reason to move the Bx27’s stop a block off. All buses can fit in that terminal. Articulation does not have to be different from where the Bx35 is articulated. If it was that way, then the service on any articulated route should’ve changed right from the start, not three or four months later

They did just that. The Bx27 was moved when the Bx35 went artic. They just never updated nor corrected the information.

2 hours ago, ViaWaterViaChurch said:

Did the winter pick start today?

2 hours ago, Snorunts said:

The new pick goes into effect on 1/19/20.

Today was a slow day with no bus moves.... Hopefully we get some this week.

The pick started for Staten Island, Queens and MTA Bus today. It starts on the 19th for the rest of the system. 

Ive been meaning to speak on that fare box F5 thing. I’ve been witnessing BO pressing it excessively when people don’t pay their fare. One time there was like three people who didn’t and the BO pressed it like 7 times. It happens a lot so when the MTA does it report on fare loss I think this BO are at partial fault because they’re not pressing the button to reflect who didn’t actually pay. 

1 hour ago, Brillant93 said:

Ive been meaning to speak on that fare box F5 thing. I’ve been witnessing BO pressing it excessively when people don’t pay their fare. One time there was like three people who didn’t and the BO pressed it like 7 times. It happens a lot so when the MTA does it report on fare loss I think this BO are at partial fault because they’re not pressing the button to reflect who didn’t actually pay. 

This right here. They press it excessively just to mess up the numbers or they take their frustration out on the button. The door has passenger counters so I hope the MTA is using that and calculating the difference of who did pay to find out how many didn't. Because that pissed me off this morning, looked like he was fake saying the box isn't working but pressing a button for each person that walk on, I've NEVER seen that. I was heated. 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

On 1/6/2020 at 7:53 AM, Brillant93 said:

On 1/6/2020 at 9:07 AM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

This right here. They press it excessively just to mess up the numbers or they take their frustration out on the button. The door has passenger counters so I hope the MTA is using that and calculating the difference of who did pay to find out how many didn't. Because that pissed me off this morning, looked like he was fake saying the box isn't working but pressing a button for each person that walk on, I've NEVER seen that. I was heated. 

When did the buses get passenger counters?

Noticed a line for the Q64 started from the 1st stop to Electchester went all the way to the end of 70th Rd. With that, there's 2 buses at the stop while the next one is at Jewel Av and Main St around 4 PM. 

Edited by Calvin

On 1/6/2020 at 9:07 AM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

The door counter is only available on some Staten Island buses, and it is known that is not accurate at times. It provides a rough idea of how many people board the bus, but the technology is still being refined. As an example, numerous express buses will say "Limited Seating" on BusTime, when in reality, the bus is standing room only.  All new buses should have the technology for sure though, especially on the express bus side.

On 1/6/2020 at 7:53 AM, Brillant93 said:

The B/O is actually trying to save his job and that run that he/she is on.

Press F5 after rider beats fare - Rider is tallied

Not pressing F5 after rider beats fare - Rider is not tallied. Bean counters downtown (falsely) believe route is losing riders, opening the door for more service cuts down the line.