Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

So are the redesigns now cancelled?

No, I think Brooklyn Borough President is driving everyone nuts by not putting restrictions on automobiles on his street. Everyone is resigning in the MTA because of Eric Adams.

City is trying to stop double parking, but the Boro President isn't doing anything. Upon closer inspection, some of the motorcades have TLC Liscense Plate.s

Edited by NY1635

10 minutes ago, NY1635 said:

No, I think Brooklyn Borough President is driving everyone nuts by not putting restrictions on automobiles on his street. Everyone is resigning in the MTA because of Eric Adams.

City is trying to stop double parking, but the Boro President isn't doing anything. Upon closer inspection, some of the motorcades have TLC Liscense Plate.s

fc4.jpg

• LMAO! 6

I'm just sitting on Google maps and i see there is  q110 coming from Belmont park approaching an hour down do they help him out or nah?

1 hour ago, NY1635 said:

The site's not a toilet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/22/2020 at 11:03 PM, paulrivera said:

All you need is a B/O doing the legal speed limit of 25, another one doing 20, and a third B/O doing the rulebook speed limit of 15. Give those three an hour and those three alone will bring an entire busy bus route to its knees *on a good day*, and that’s without factoring in traffic.

You know what’s funny about the SBS B/O’s? Whenever there’s a surge in fare inspections/enforcement, they ALL end up hauling ass, and even the slowest of the slow B/O’s will go the full 25mph lmao

On 1/23/2020 at 3:20 AM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

That is the shit that pisses me off. The should not be a rule, and people on here wonder why service is the way it is. Some people on here defend the MTA in every way but refuse to bring up the flaws. MTA be like "here's for faster bus service" they do everything but change that damnn rule. Change that damnn rule and service would be better. If one driver can haul safely then they all should be able to haul safely or try to. 

People complain about automated trains taking people's job, well one thing it does bring is CONSISTENCY with each train. When you have humans you can have a T/O who follows the speed limit, and another T/O who feels the train shake down the train and wants to slow down to 10mph under. I like consistency, the key to life is consistency (STAYING TO SCHEDULE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE is a start). 

Honestly, ever since Vision Zero has been implemented, I've been skeptical of any plan to improve bus service.  I mean, how much can you improve when a bus driver is stuck navigating through an archipelago of pedestrian plazas, built-in bike lanes, deliberately mistimed signals, and arteries like the Grand Concourse being reduced to 25 mph?

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, R10 2952 said:

Honestly, ever since Vision Zero has been implemented, I've been skeptical of any plan to improve bus service.  I mean, how much can you improve when a bus driver is stuck navigating through an archipelago of pedestrian plazas, built-in bike lanes, deliberately mistimed signals, and arteries like the Grand Concourse being reduced to 25 mph?

The MTA's been f***ing over bus riders long before Vision Zero, but I don't necessarily disagree with the premise though.... Apparently, I'm supposed to believe that the "answer" to Vision Zero is more bus lanes throughout the city.... Laughable... More bus lanes should've been implemented well before the city went apeshit in painting bike lanes throughout the city; primarily catering to tourists & transients over quote-unquote native NY-ers....

When congestion pricing hits, I'm out of here; not going to be forced into cramming onto subways that are around, at, or over 100% capacity, not going to be forced into taking buses that are going but so fast, having to trek further to catch them, that are arriving less & less frequently, it's only but so much damn walking I'm going to do, and for damn sure I'm not going to willingly take ye olde shafte upt de a$$ by being charged for driving to a part of the city - from within the city.....

NYC - The big apple..... rotten to the core.... Quoth the raven....

...never more.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 12/27/2019 at 10:52 PM, paulrivera said:

So if the B82 SBS stops behind the turnstiles... Wouldn’t you have to not only swipe your card at the turnstile, but also dip your card at the SBS machine?

Or would everyone that boards at that stop and gets on the SBS have to eat a fine upon being stopped by the popo for not having a receipt?

If you swipe your metrocard at the turnstiles, the MTA will give you a free-transfer on your metrocard. Please don't hesitate. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/23/2020 at 2:03 AM, paulrivera said:

All you need is a B/O doing the legal speed limit of 25, another one doing 20, and a third B/O doing the rulebook speed limit of 15. Give those three an hour and those three alone will bring an entire busy bus route to its knees *on a good day*, and that’s without factoring in traffic.

You know what’s funny about the SBS B/O’s? Whenever there’s a surge in fare inspections/enforcement, they ALL end up hauling ass, and even the slowest of the slow B/O’s will go the full 25mph lmao

If they want B/O's going 15mph then they're going to continue to bleed riders. I do NOT want to be on a bus going 15mph, that's bike speed. 25MPH is slow enough!

11 hours ago, R10 2952 said:

I've said this before, that's when speeds and ridership really started to drop, coincidence? I think not.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

263 is running around with a Bronx map inside and West Farms stickers even though its been at Gleason for months.

Yep, I saw it this past week on the B61. 350 also has WF decals (unless they recently changed it).

Do you happen to recall if 263 has on-board digital information screens installed?

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

263 is running around with a Bronx map inside and West Farms stickers even though its been at Gleason for months.

Probably ran out of maps <_<

18 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

I'm just sitting on Google maps and i see there is  q110 coming from Belmont park approaching an hour down do they help him out or nah?

Nah: Last Stop: Hempstead Avenue at 225th Street. 110 goes out of service and lays over inside the park. This can be solved if the Last Stop of the 2/110 was moved over to Hempstead Turnpike at Locustwood Blvd  or Elmont Road and layover at the n1 stand for a safe transfer between NICE and MTA. 

Passengers on the Q2/110 start boarding at Springfield Blvd at Hempstead Avenue. They don't use the stop at 225th Street because it's the entrance to Cross Island Parkway.

Edited by NY1635

5 hours ago, N6 Limited said:

If they want B/O's going 15mph then they're going to continue to bleed riders. I do NOT want to be on a bus going 15mph, that's bike speed. 25MPH is slow enough!

I've said this before, that's when speeds and ridership really started to drop, coincidence? I think not.

2012 and 2013 were some great years to ride the bus. The MTA ordered tons of new buses, LFS, LFSA, XD40, XD60s, Orion VIIs, C40LFs and Prevost. Drivers were loving the new equipment and I sure was enjoying them loving the equipment 🤣. But yeah its not the same anymore. This city is going backwards. 

3 hours ago, NY1635 said:

Nah: Last Stop: Hempstead Avenue at 225th Street. 110 goes out of service and lays over inside the park. This can be solved if the Last Stop of the 2/110 was moved over to Hempstead Turnpike at Locustwood Blvd  or Elmont Road and layover at the n1 stand for a safe transfer between NICE and MTA. 

Passengers on the Q2/110 start boarding at Springfield Blvd at Hempstead Avenue. They don't use the stop at 225th Street because it's the entrance to Cross Island Parkway.

One way or another, you're gonna stop spreading bullshit around on this forum....

Don't make it out to be that the Q2/110 is useless east of Springfield..... Locustwood would not yield many more riders than that of at 225th, and to swing buses out to Elmont rd. is unnecessary with the infamous n6 panning out there.....

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, NY1635 said:

They do pick up people at 225th and Cross Island Parkway unless this is a brand new thing where they don’t anymore. I haven’t been out that way in a little while but I used to see some people over there waiting for the bus. 

1 hour ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

They do pick up people at 225th and Cross Island Parkway unless this is a brand new thing where they don’t anymore. I haven’t been out that way in a little while but I used to see some people over there waiting for the bus. 

Chances are, it's diarrhea. Don't even bother.

• LMAO! 2

11 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Him & his perpetual injecting of Nassau county into something city related again...

Anyway, over time & quite recently as of late last year, I have seen that stop packed with people during the AM rush... There is no relevance to the fact that the stop is proximate to the CIP.... Those SFR's (single family residences) out there east of Springfield have gone nowhere & there hasn't been any real diminished patronage of the Q2/Q110 out there....

10 hours ago, Lex said:

Chances are, it's diarrhea. Don't even bother.

Verbal diarrhea is right & some pepto bismol is in order.

You can have opinions or whatever, but if the foundation of it is rooted in... crap, you're gonna catch flack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I was on the B46 Local earlier today from Av. N up to Kings Plaza (7316). The version 1 screens were active showing stops along Utica Av and Flatbush Av.  

Edited by Calvin
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Calvin said:

I was on the B46 Local earlier today from Av. N up to Kings Plaza (7316). The version 1 screens were active showing stops along Utica Av and Flatbush Av.  

Funny thing is that I was on 7320 on the B41-LTD TODAY wondering if those monitors have or ever had a purpose.... The one on 7320 only says “WELCOME ABOARD” and “STOP REQUESTED” and is blank.

What a coincidence how I was wondering the same thing today...

Buses in Zurich have those screens.  IIRC, they use them to show you the next few stops, the times you should be arriving at said stops, connecting routes, whether the connecting route is on time or not, and the arrival time of the connecting route at applicable stops.

15 hours ago, Snorunts said:

Funny thing is that I was on 7320 on the B41-LTD TODAY wondering if those monitors have or ever had a purpose.... The one on 7320 only says “WELCOME ABOARD” and “STOP REQUESTED” and is blank.

What a coincidence how I was wondering the same thing today...

These are the ex B46 SBS fleet before the 7600s took over the line. It was part of of the original group of test buses. 

Edited by Jdog14

I forgot to mention one time i saw an OOS bus at 34th/7th waiting for m34 sbs and group of operators got off and swapped out other operators are they the relief operators for m34 sbs and i guess they relieve there?

1 hour ago, BreeddekalbL said:

I forgot to mention one time i saw an OOS bus at 34th/7th waiting for m34 sbs and group of operators got off and swapped out other operators are they the relief operators for m34 sbs and i guess they relieve there?

Yes. That's the switch point for the M34/A bus ops. 

• Upvote 1

geared towards the bus drivers

do you do group reliefs where you travel in a vehicle? to expand on the question what happens when the one you are supposed to relieve is severely late with the bus does the vehicle that is used for shuttling the relief members back does it wait for them or let those who had on time reliefs go ahead and leave

Edited by BreeddekalbL

Is there any demand for a Washington Heights to Riverdale bus route via Fort Washington and Independence? YES, I know the Bx7 is there, but the routing would be quite different, AND this would be SBS, see below:

Bx74 +SBS+

• 178 St/Ft Wash
  • 181 St/Ft Wash (A)
  • 190 St/ Ft Wash (A)
    • via Overlook Terrace
  • Fairview/Bway (1)
  • Dyckman/Bway (A)
    • via Henry Hudson Bridge
  • 232/Independence
  • 236/Douglas (some buses only)
    • buses that stop here terminate here. others stay on Independence
  • 239/Independence