BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, maybe the middle aged woman that ride the B8 aren't so evil after all lol.. well at least not all of them.

Yesterday, I had to pass up a bus due to it being filled up to capacity. This morning, I'm waiting for the B8 and this woman said hi to me (She was waiting for the same bus yesterday) and asks if a another bus came shorty after, I told her yes...

So a B8 bus comes and its filled to capacity, no room in the front, so she said go though the back (Which I did), there was just enough space for me and her, and yes, technically I farebeated since I went though the back of the bus, at first I felt bad, but after five minutes, not a single damn was given.

Man I wish the B8 was still at ENY just for those RTSs, sometimes!

Man it be awesome when my B8 be a Orion V CNG, as those things are roomy as a mofo compared to the C40LF & VII CNG, yes, even with the 2x2 seating.

However, I haven't even seen a V CNG on the 8, 11, 68 or any other Gleason route since the summer started. They are the fastest buses Gleason has and still move pretty good with the A/C on, well the ones at SC do at least. Its pretty much the same bus so...

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=238828

'MTA To Install Surveillance Cameras On 341 City Buses (85 buses already in operation)'

What I wonder is, if they are spending money for these cameras, then what's keeping them from buying more of those plexiglass partitions?

Cameras aren't going to do much at the time of the assault. At least the partition is there to provide some sort of protection.

Now that you mention it I haven't seen any V CNGs either, and those buses were definitely in service in the spring. I loved those buses last summer, it'd be a shame to see a summer without the O5 CNGs.

I seen one on the B67 today, 9851 I believe. Nice to see there still around!

Around 6 AM this morning I saw a FP bus on the Q88. It was in the 8800's, couldn't see the full #.

Something just made me remember back in the day when I used to go by 57 St/5 Av and record bus numbers (what was at each depot and the liscence plate, etc). I remember regularly seeing the 8600's RTS on the M57. And like most other fleets, it only took one week and they were gone. It was around the same time I had ever seen a Hybrid Orion VII NG (3805). I just knew it looked so new, and looked like no other bus i had seen, so I called it an Orion VIII.

This is what I remember on the past. The dates are not listed in order:

(May 2010) I saw B4 Bus #988 with the white (MTA) logo on the blue stripe, and it sounded similar to the 2011 New Flyer C40LF.

(2008-2010 School Days) I remember the time when I rode bus #909 and the driver was hauling ass! The engine sounds good, but doesn't sound like the bus #988.

I also rode bus #832 and it sounds the same as bus #909.

(Around February 2010) When I was on the B6, I rode a Novabus RTS to Khols near Shore Parkway. The bus was loud, and the ride was bumpy. I almost fell out of my seat by the bump (not a pothole) because the driver was speeding on the bump. I stayed strong.

(In my mind) I was thinking that I wanted to ride a Novabus RTS with ZF ECOMAT-2 transmission and the Novabus LFS. I seen four buses in total (#8037, #8045, #8051, and I don't remember the last bus number)

(In my mind) I was thinking to ride a hybrid bus, but I can't because my metrocard's fare is low, and my parents won't let me anyways. I use my metrocard to hang out with my friends somewhere far. I wanted to ride it on the B82 which is the closest route to my house that has hybrid buses. I wanted to test out how fast can a hybrid go.

(Almost every weekend) The B70 bus was mad slow on 8th Avenue between 62nd Street and I think around 45th Street. Lots of traffic going on there. Full of pedestrians and cars.

(On a weekend) On 5th Avenue, there was a lot of traffic delaying cars, express buses, and New York City buses. I saw many buses suck as M1, M2, M4, M5, M16, M34, X1, X17, X22, X27, X28, X31, X37, X38, Q32, QM25. They were stuck because either there are a lot of buses, cars, pedestrians, or there's an event that is happening on 5th Avenue.

That's all for now!

That's all for now.

There's still Orion Vs at Gleason

In other news, I'm on the B35 now and even at this hour, there's standees (and as usual, the back has no standees...wonder why lol)

Caught it from 3 Av (took a friend home from the beach), and it started to get crowded by about the (Q) train...oh well, at least I got my seat all the way home to the other end

Its always a win...its better than their noise making flamethrowers!

They're not noise making flamethrowers...they're bombs on 6 wheels :(

I can hear that roar from my window from the B35 and my window isn't even facing Mother Gaston. Its a block back :eek: