Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

This was taken two weeks ago. I gotta say I like seeing these artics on the Q70.

IMG_5326 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

they should've use those 13 NYCT XD60s for the Q70 SBS until they get a new batch of artics for the Q70. Wrapping 13 2020 XD60s in the LGA Link wrap, and using 2020 and 2017 XD60s on the Q53 just triggers my OCD. And that yellow under the LGA Link wrap is irking me. They clearly know the bottom portion of the bus is wrapped in the local scheme with the SBS paint undernearth. They could've just took the yellow off the back so the light blue can show under the LGA Link wrap (unless those 2020 XD60s aren't staying on the Q70).  

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

1 minute ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

they should've use those 13 NYCT XD60s for the Q70 SBS until they get a new batch of artics for the Q70. Wrapping 13 2020 XD60s in the LGA Link wrap, and using 2020 and 2017 XD60s on the Q53 just triggers my OCD. And that yellow under the LGA Link wrap is irking me. They clearly know the bottom portion of the bus is wrapped in the local scheme with the SBS wrap. They could've just took the yellow off the back so the light blue and show under the LGA Link wrap (unless those 2020 XD60s aren't staying on the Q70).  

MTA always pulling a Bx12 and swapping out fleets...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jdog14 said:

MTA always pulling a Bx12 and swapping out fleets...

honestly...although I think the Q70 SBS should be a people mover type SBS bus. They should remove some more seats on those buses. Them buses can get pretty crammed with all the luggage regardless of size. So if they do manage to get another batch of buses, they should spec them to automatically come with luggage racks and possibly bench seating on the lower portion for flexibility and mobility. 

3 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

And that yellow under the LGA Link wrap is irking me. They clearly know the bottom portion of the bus is wrapped in the local scheme with the SBS paint undernearth. They could've just took the yellow off the back so the light blue can show under the LGA Link wrap (unless those 2020 XD60s aren't staying on the Q70).  

They shouldn't have even wrapped them IMO. Just make some LaGuardia Link stickers with the plane logo and put them on the bus roughly where the select bus service stickers are placed on other buses.

• Upvote 2

On 3/23/2020 at 9:34 PM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

they should've use those 13 NYCT XD60s for the Q70 SBS until they get a new batch of artics for the Q70. Wrapping 13 2020 XD60s in the LGA Link wrap, and using 2020 and 2017 XD60s on the Q53 just triggers my OCD. And that yellow under the LGA Link wrap is irking me. They clearly know the bottom portion of the bus is wrapped in the local scheme with the SBS paint undernearth. They could've just took the yellow off the back so the light blue can show under the LGA Link wrap (unless those 2020 XD60s aren't staying on the Q70).  

Too bad they didn’t order more buses for MTA bus with this order. If they ordered more buses they wouldn’t have to keep those 2017 XD60s at LGA. 
Plus I know it’s been on the table for a while for a possible Q6 and Q64 conversion so it makes me wonder why it hasn’t been a priority. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Lot of interesting new layovers showing up since all the buses are running so hot. I won't name all the spots since I'm not so sure dispatchers are in favor of it, but I'm seeing a few places near the end of the line where B/Os are pulling over and shutting off their engines, then restarting and heading to the terminals.

• LMAO! 2

2 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Lot of interesting new layovers showing up since all the buses are running so hot. I won't name all the spots since I'm not so sure dispatchers are in favor of it, but I'm seeing a few places near the end of the line where B/Os are pulling over and shutting off their engines, then restarting and heading to the terminals.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh keep it on the low low .. lol 

• LMAO! 2

On 3/25/2020 at 11:45 AM, NewFlyer 230 said:

Too bad they didn’t order more buses for MTA bus with this order. If they ordered more buses they wouldn’t have to keep those 2017 XD60s at LGA. 
Plus I know it’s been on the table for a while for a possible Q6 and Q64 conversion so it makes me wonder why it hasn’t been a priority. 

You must have missed the memo on the Q64 and Q10 being combined lol

• Thanks 1
  • LMAO! 1

2 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Quiet. Keep it to yourself. Let’s not mess it up for the drivers. However, good observation. 

On 3/23/2020 at 12:26 PM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Yukon drivers can do it better pulling out of Narrows Road & Fingerboard getting onto the Verrazano 😂

Ummm, that’s using a phone while driving - not exactly safe.....

2 hours ago, Jdog14 said:

In his defense, that's something I'd want to forget about !

• LMAO! 3

3 hours ago, Jdog14 said:

I don’t even take that idea seriously because it’s bound to fail on the first day. 

I might have been able to get behind it if they suggested that it would replace the Q10 and Q64 late nights only as a way to improve connectivity and make travel easier at night. However I’m totally against any full time implementation of a Q10/Q64 combo. 

2 hours ago, Jova42R said:

I made a page for transit fanners looking to fan/codebreak Columbia Transportation:

https://sites.google.com/view/columbia-transportation-fanner/home

Thoughts @B35 via Church @NewFlyer 230 @Future ENY OP @Cait Sith?

Long time ago (around the time this board opened), I had wanted to start my own blog, pertaining to basically anything (NYC) bus route related.... Back when people started creating fantasy bus maps, one of my ultimate projects was to make a 5-borough bus map... I think you can still find the blank bus maps for all 5 boroughs on here (well, if the links aren't dead, which they probably are).... Long story short, procrastination eventually turned into an overall loss of interest....

While I'm not sure if you plan on adding anymore content to it, looks like you have a cool little start-up site here though....

25 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Long time ago (around the time this board opened), I had wanted to start my own blog, pertaining to basically anything (NYC) bus route related.... Back when people started creating fantasy bus maps, one of my ultimate projects was to make a 5-borough bus map... I think you can still find the blank bus maps for all 5 boroughs on here (well, if the links aren't dead, which they probably are).... Long story short, procrastination eventually turned into an overall loss of interest....

While I'm not sure if you plan on adding anymore content to it, looks like you have a cool little start-up site here though....

Thanks! I'm definitely going to add more content! Check back periodically for updates!

Here's something random:

Back in the late '90's when the PBL's still existed, I saw codebroken JBL bus signed up as a then Q103. I wondered how did that happen since the 103 was then a QSC route?

52 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Meh, while I get his point, he's being ridiculous with the whole MTA is "straight up going to get people killed" rhetoric.... At the end of the day, it is still public transportation... We're talking about an appx. 40' x 8.5' hunk of metal... This is a matter of the MTA protecting its workers, "straight up".... This goes back to the whole entitlement discussion that myself, @WestFarms36, and @EastFlatbushLarry is having in that "we only do backdoor now" thread.... Nobody is forcing this guy & anyone else with that mindset to take "the most crowded bus going to LGA".... Those last 3 words hurts his case, because the Q70 is not the ONLY bus that goes to LGA, for starters..... Regardless, that 1/3rd of the bus is not going to drastically improve the vitality of any Q70 rider to the tune that's being implicatively conveyed.... If that's going to be his attitude on the matter, then he shouldn't be embarking on a public bus, regardless - since the potential of being very proximate to other human beings is rather high.....

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/28/2020 at 10:23 AM, Q43LTD said:

Here's something random:

Back in the late '90's when the PBL's still existed, I saw codebroken JBL bus signed up as a then Q103. I wondered how did that happen since the 103 was then a QSC route?

I believe since they were all owned by the NYCDOT they were able to swap buses around whenever needed and the different bus companies were just like separate depots similar to how MTA bus is today. 

1 hour ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I believe since they were all owned by the NYCDOT they were able to swap buses around whenever needed and the different bus companies were just like separate depots similar to how MTA bus is today. 

And of course had to be re painted

Has the Express routes picked up some passengers during the weekday even though most of Manhattan is empty? 

Edited by Calvin