Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Jova42R said:

So the m100 is now an artic route, and the bx15 is a standard 40-foot?

Covid-19 makes for weird fleets!

 

3 hours ago, NBTA said:

The Bronx is now housing loans from Staten Island. 2 3Gs are in the Bronx, as well as several 81 and 87XXs from Staten island.

 

2 hours ago, Snorunts said:

Which 2011s?

 

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

To your point. Very much valid. I saw a conga line of Castelton buses up the Triborough Br to The Bronx yesterday and some returning back to Staten Island via the BQE.  

 

1 hour ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

7087 and 7078 so far, they're only on the Bx15, but more could pop up on other routes.

 

1 hour ago, OrionVIIonM79 said:

#8705 is also on the bx15

These aren't loans. It's extra service being provided with Staten Island operators. Same with the buses from College Point that were up there yesterday. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

Same with the buses from College Point that were up there yesterday. 

Were those cruisers to help with express service or c40lf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the MTA ever change the color of the wheels? With the current livery of the buses, the white wheels look out of place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

These aren't loans. It's extra service being provided with Staten Island operators. Same with the buses from College Point that were up there yesterday. 

Weird-ass fleet in the Bronx rn, damn. Reminds me of when Yukon covered Tuskegee for a weekday snowstorm a few years back. They send you up there?

3 minutes ago, Blitz said:

Will the MTA ever change the color of the wheels? With the current livery of the buses, the white wheels look out of place

Keep thinking that too. I doubt it, since white is cheap, but yeah they don't fit and they needlessly show dirt without even matching. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the M100 has two articulated buses out right now.

Also I'm not sure if this was posted or not, but the Bronx Redesign Implementation was postponed indefinitely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blitz said:

Will the MTA ever change the color of the wheels? With the current livery of the buses, the white wheels look out of place

I hope not. That'll just throw off the look entirely imo.

---------------------

Been seeing a lot of fans out there fanning lately. If you're out there fanning, be smart, be safe, and don't act like an ass in public.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SI operators driving BX routes.... I'm assuming they are giving them route directions on a sheet or something along those lines?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

For all I care, that same person going around recording shit could get arrested on top of it & I wouldn't wince.... Regardless, being out of work due to this shit, is only fuel to the fire that fuels my ire.... While I don't proclaim to know what's going on behind the scenes, it is a slap in the face to see all these hospitals appear to be dead as f*** from an outsider's POV....

But yeah, I won't mar, or derail the thread any further with this either....

 

I hope you get back to work soon, I'm sorry to hear that :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

I hope not. That'll just throw off the look entirely imo.

---------------------

Been seeing a lot of fans out there fanning lately. If you're out there fanning, be smart, be safe, and don't act like an ass in public.

Idk what they're doing lol, I've been checking YouTube to try to see how buses look with the rear door boarding, how they look with the front blocked off, but I'm barely finding anything. I'm curious to see how the LIRR is operating, as well as the subways.

Obviously be smart, safe, and healthy. I'm following stay home orders but I would love to see all these interesting things going on. Who's taking one for the team?🤣 nahh lemme stop...

  • LMAO! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing wrong with busfanning in your neighborhood, I'm talking about taking pics & vids, not riding. MTA is straight up telling ppl if you're not an essential worker, STAY HOME! It would be funny if buffs are riding the system anyway as fanners are very critical of regular passengers not following rules lol.

 

EUnPlDbXgAE6sFg.jpg

  • LMAO! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OrionVIIonM79 said:

Will Manhattan get redesigned?

 

All boroughs are getting a redesign. What may end up happening in Manhattan is straight up bastardization (cuts of routes to places people don't go, and the complete removal of overs of which the M7 is looking like maybe a possible axe due to duplicating a route on every portion but what do I know.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

On SI, not only has the MTA temporarily reduced service to just the 7-day-a-week routes (plus the S55 and S56), but the MTA has also removed the routes that only operate weekdays from BusTime searches.

For MTA Bus, can service be reduced likewise, with modified Q34, QM20 service and combined BxM7/8 service?

Edited by aemoreira81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

SI operators driving BX routes.... I'm assuming they are giving them route directions on a sheet or something along those lines?

as an operator, you do your homework before you leave the depot. they're headed to the bronx to perform runs, which isn't a different process than if they were headed up there to do a shuttle. they coordinate their trip to & from the bronx, and either write down or potentially memorize the route nuances. more times than not, operators aren't out there driving blind, so to speak. that'd be horribly irresponsible. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2020 at 1:40 PM, MHV9218 said:

Weird-ass fleet in the Bronx rn, damn. Reminds me of when Yukon covered Tuskegee for a weekday snowstorm a few years back. They send you up there?

Back in March 2019? I was part of the bus move to Tuskegee that Saturday night but it was Tuskegee ops doing the actual in service trips.

Anything before that, nah. Either I was working my regular run or they got bodies for the bus move before I got done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

Back in March 2019? I was part of the bus move to Tuskegee that Saturday night but it was Tuskegee ops doing the actual in service trips.

Anything before that, nah. Either I was working my regular run or they got bodies for the bus move before I got done.

Oh I was thinking this round but word, that adds up. OH would've had a fit losing those runs lmao. That had to be a funky convoy all the way uptown tho...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

as an operator, you do your homework before you leave the depot. they're headed to the bronx to perform runs, which isn't a different process than if they were headed up there to do a shuttle. they coordinate their trip to & from the bronx, and either write down or potentially memorize the route nuances. more times than not, operators aren't out there driving blind, so to speak. that'd be horribly irresponsible. 

Back in the day, on some routes, there would be signs indicating where a bus should turn. I wonder if that should return on complicated routes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Oh I was thinking this round but word, that adds up. OH would've had a fit losing those runs lmao. That had to be a funky convoy all the way uptown tho...

Dunno how it was for Yukon and Charleston (since it was SI to Tuskegee) but half the buses at Castleton got split up on the way, lmao. I was solo till I got to West Side Highway and caught the two buses ahead of me. From there, we did some stuff, wound up going thru Central Park, went across to 3rd, up to 96th, circled back to Lex, only to find out that we had to go down to Park to access the fuel line.

The second trip to Tuskegee that night, we just all freestyled it. 

  • LMAO! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Express buses may get the shield to prevent the spread between passengers and the op itself, acrylic glass. 

 

There is a word to get the glass on the buses. 

https://www.silive.com/coronavirus/2020/04/mta-plexiglass-to-separate-bus-drivers-from-passengers.html?fbclid=IwAR2xXf92_HYgdt8fg08w27VfS2a-2LFdHoKrvhhPXhILrAfkphrIrBV7VhM

Edited by Calvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The few 16 buses I saw outside near Walgreens are bypassing the Pitman and Mundy Lane sections entirely. Why the 16 never had an additional program saying "via Baychester" is what I do not get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 4 via Mosholu said:

The few 16 buses I saw outside near Walgreens are bypassing the Pitman and Mundy Lane sections entirely. Why the 16 never had an additional program saying "via Baychester" is what I do not get.

Huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Huh?

They normally take Pitman into Mundy Lane in Mount Vernon, but because of the pandemic, they are bypassing it entirely going up to 238 (that is, Nereid).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.