Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Sim22: 722x, 722x (the last digit is either a 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. Given that there was a X22 and X22A before with two codes each, it's probably 4 and 5.  IDK which shows Midtown and which shows Eltingville)

SIM26: 7260, 7261 most likely since that's the first 26 route bus on the island. 

Below is a public website of all sign codes, just so everyone is aware that I'm not giving away classified information. 

https://www.ttmg.org/transitwiki/MTA_Regional_Bus_Destination_Sign_Codes

And are you 100% sure about those codes?

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Q43LTD said:

That list hasn't been updated since 2016.

I know. I found the codes I wanted from an external source.

@XcelsiorBoii4888 no need to worry about responding

Edited by Jova42R

1 hour ago, Jova42R said:

And are you 100% sure about those codes?

Just follow the pattern. So SIM25... 7 is for staten island express buses. The second and third digit is the route 7,25,and the last is the destination, it can be anything from 0-9, depending on many readings it has and if the route number was used before. So SIM25 is definitely 725x...I'm not sure what the last digit is, maybe 0 and 1 for each direction. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Q43LTD said:

7 is all express buses under TA

2 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Just follow the pattern. So SIM25... 7 is for staten island express buses. The second and third digit is the route 7,25,and the last is the destination, it can be anything from 0-9, depending on many readings it has and if the route number was used before. So SIM25 is definitely 725x...I'm not sure what the last digit is, maybe 0 and 1 for each direction. 

Thanks so much guys!

The 1 year anniversary of the RTS (Remember those!?) retirement is coming up.. it happened in early May.

Crazy to think they have been gone for almost a year now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I remember it like it was yesterday. There's those videos on you tube

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/22/2020 at 5:33 PM, trainfan22 said:

The 1 year anniversary of the RTS (Remember those!?) retirement is coming up.. it happened in early May.

Crazy to think they have been gone for almost a year now.

On 4/22/2020 at 9:19 PM, Q43LTD said:

I remember it like it was yesterday. There's those videos on you tube

Doesn't seem like it's been a full year, but I'll never forget one of (if not THE) most iconic bus fleets that's ever existed !

"Fishbowls" & RTS >>>>>>> ___________________________

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Upvote 1

Idk if it's growing on me, or if the XD60s just make this scheme look so good? 

Only thing thats irking me is the fact that the scheme is streamlined, looks very choppy. There's no natural blend in the colors. I'm also not a fan of the blue over the yellow in the rear of the bus, as well as the the blue stripe in the front of the bus.

But the light blue, dark blue, the clouds, airplanes, and all the branding all looks good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Only thing thats irking me is the fact that the scheme is streamlined, looks very choppy. There's no natural blend in the colors. I'm also not a fan of the blue over the yellow in the rear of the bus, as well as the the blue stripe in the front of the bus.

But the light blue, dark blue, the clouds, airplanes, and all the branding all looks good. 

** youtube video **

Whether it's on the XD40's or the XD60's makes no difference to me; skyblue & any darker shade of blue (to me) is a sick color combination... The thing I've always liked about the Q70's branding is the fact that they've included the subway bullets on the buses themselves... It goes hand-in-hand with the fact that the service itself is a point-to-point (bus route)..... The airplane emblem serves as an asset to the whole branding & scheme of it all....

IDK, the way I see it, it's as if the MTA got a taste of yellow fever (Lol) when they started utilizing those old Bee-Line buses about a decade or so ago... Then again, the quote-unquote official state colors of this state is navy blue & gold, so who knows.... Regardless, I'm not fond of including yellow to the color scheme of (any of) our buses, period....

4 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Whether it's on the XD40's or the XD60's makes no difference to me; skyblue & any darker shade of blue (to me) is a sick color combination... The thing I've always liked about the Q70's branding is the fact that they've included the subway bullets on the buses themselves... It goes hand-in-hand with the fact that the service itself is a point-to-point (bus route)..... The airplane emblem serves as an asset to the whole branding & scheme of it all....

IDK, the way I see it, it's as if the MTA got a taste of yellow fever (Lol) when they started utilizing those old Bee-Line buses about a decade or so ago... Then again, the quote-unquote official state colors of this state is navy blue & gold, so who knows.... Regardless, I'm not fond of including yellow to the color scheme of (any of) our buses, period....

Don't forgot the new scheme was Cuomo's idea, and he wanted the state colors on the buses, the navy blue and gold. 

The yellow looks fine on the local scheme, any other scheme its just too tacky. 

8 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Don't forgot the new scheme was Cuomo's idea, and he wanted the state colors on the buses, the navy blue and gold. 

I'll put up with the (R) bullet on the Q70, but to have yellow as part of the color scheme on the city's buses, I don't care for it..... Westchester & Suffolk counties can have it...

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

They did not do that paint right, I can still see the yellow in the back.

7 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I'm used to Command Bus Lines, Jamaica Bus Lines, and Queens Surface, and LIB's old color scheme.

The new color scheme looks good during the day but doesn't show well at night. 

Ever since this whole pandemic became a huge deal and ridership dropped.....I've managed to catch the Q24 every single day since, that has never happened before. Buses have been running on time too, which is amazing.

With my commute changing from taking the Homeless Express(The (E) ) to the LIRR, I've been constantly catching the Q24(and sometimes the Q54 if I wanna pick up some food first) within 5 minutes at Sutphin/Jamaica. The 10:15pm train from Penn Station to Babylon gives me a 7 minute window to get from Jamaica Station to the bus stop, but it comes faster than that sometimes.

Kinda saddening that it takes something like this to have the Q24 operating this good at the very least.

3 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Ever since this whole pandemic became a huge deal and ridership dropped.....I've managed to catch the Q24 every single day since, that has never happened before. Buses have been running on time too, which is amazing.

With my commute changing from taking the Homeless Express(The (E) ) to the LIRR, I've been constantly catching the Q24(and sometimes the Q54 if I wanna pick up some food first) within 5 minutes at Sutphin/Jamaica. The 10:15pm train from Penn Station to Babylon gives me a 7 minute window to get from Jamaica Station to the bus stop, but it comes faster than that sometimes.

Kinda saddening that it takes something like this to have the Q24 operating this good at the very least.

I know Jamaica is a mess, but damn. Where's the divide between traffic and dispatching?

4 hours ago, Lex said:

I know Jamaica is a mess, but damn. Where's the divide between traffic and dispatching?

Jamaica is not the only problem with the line. The brooklyn side tends to have its own issues too. Dispatching is terrible as well.

• Upvote 3

When the Bay Plaza mall was open: The mall was underserved with the Bx12 and all its service gaps and short turns by itself carrying thousands of people per hour.

The Bay Plaza mall closes: The Bx5 expands to daily service, the Bx12 runs with a sense of regularity, and the buses are all empty (at the mall that is; the Fordham end still has its moments since people still need the 12 to go to the different hospitals, but Quill's helping out with some runs.)

Takes a pandemic for the bus side to do all the right things...

• LMAO! 6

14 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Jamaica is not the only problem with the line. The brooklyn side tends to have its own issues too. Dispatching is terrible as well.

In all honesty, the only parts I can think of that (almost) certainly wreck reliability are Jamaica and Broadway Junction. Beyond that, I can guess that traffic is also horrendous, but my unfamiliarity with the route keeps me from thinking anything more than the possibility that the entire route is a slow zone (without even touching dispatching, of course).

18 hours ago, Lex said:

It's called a "bus lane" and people in this city still seem to suddenly develop allergies when one is proposed in their neighborhood.

IDK how people are gonna act fools about buses being stuck in traffic because they have to share it with the rest of the traffic. Dispatching can only help so much if they are not literally standing in the street as human traffic cones.

On 4/16/2020 at 3:47 PM, NY1635 said:

Why is the MTA using Microsoft Office and Windows Vista to announce stops and do busing?

Because some drivers didn’t do it, and a good number of people couldn’t understand the announcements - like with some conductors before the NTTs debuted.

It’s what people call “A good thing” - since it eliminates several problems and aids in drivers/conductors not being interrupted or delayed by answering questions.