BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Yes I know. I had a quick conference call with someone at the (MTA) today. We discussed service. They are doing the best they can. There are simply not enough drivers, so there will be gaps, and there is no way around it. As I said, the overnight work is being done via overtime which is voluntary, so if drivers don't sign up for it, there will be even more gaps in service.

Your efforts and outreach are appreciated!

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a MTA text alert a little while ago that was actually marketing express bus service.

Craig Cipriano (DOB) and Sarah Feinberg are earning their keep. Maybe they’ll both have their interim tags taken off soon enough. Buses are getting more well deserved respect the last couple of months imo.

7 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

I got a MTA text alert a little while ago that was actually marketing express bus service.

Craig Cipriano (DOB) and Sarah Feinberg are earning their keep. Maybe they’ll both have their interim tags taken off soon enough. Buses are getting more well deserved respect the last couple of months imo.

Cipriano is a lifer, competent. Feinberg, absolutely not lol. She's a complete hack and her move trashing Byford once she was appointed was noticed by a lot of people and hardly well-received. 

I just got off a 4200 series bus from MHV advertising OMNY being available starting May 31st at Noon. Of course there was fine print, but I carrying groceries plus the person sitting next to the sign so I couldn't read it closer. It couldn't be an old sign since it was placed right across from the rear doors. 

8 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Cipriano is a lifer, competent. Feinberg, absolutely not lol. She's a complete hack and her move trashing Byford once she was appointed was noticed by a lot of people and hardly well-received. 

What did she do/say that trashed Byford? (Serious question)

9 hours ago, paulrivera said:

Cipriano has to. More of the bus folks are becoming fed up with subpar service and demanding better. I have met quite a few ordinary commuters like myself since I started my group that have been on him non-stop. He sat in front of me in my second meeting and I didn't hold back on my criticisms of the poor service. Very nice guy from what I see, but I'm sure I rubbed him the wrong way. lol 

23 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

What did she do/say that trashed Byford? (Serious question)

Ole pumpkin face wretch passive-aggressively reduced him to that of being a run-of-the-mill public panderer (my words).... Gothamist made an article about it....

https://gothamist.com/news/q-sarah-feinberg-new-interim-president-new-york-city-transit

Hmm plastic shields on buses, interesting. I did see a person the other day on the Q88 cross under the yellow chain and boy did the bus operated get angry. So I guess at this point they need to do what they need to do to prevent operators from getting sick. I wonder how long this practice will last once this pandemic is over. 

16 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Lol only in Staten Island, this would never slide in Queens or any other borough.

Yeah....about that.....

2265 was on the Q46 earlier around 1am, in service.

-----------------------

On another note, this looks pretty sweet on the Q60 honestly lol. It's a still from my video.

vlcsnap-2020-05-10-02h17m01s475.thumb.png.ea2b2d60e48a7288e076aad458a259b1.png

52 minutes ago, danielhg121 said:

Did it go to the Bronx or did it short-turn somewhere? That would certainly be a rare catch, up there with the MCI coach on the Q46.

Full route. Jamaica has an extra piece on the Q44 for the overnight subway shutdown.

17 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Yeah....about that.....

2265 was on the Q46 earlier around 1am, in service.

-----------------------

On another note, this looks pretty sweet on the Q60 honestly lol. It's a still from my video.

vlcsnap-2020-05-10-02h17m01s475.thumb.png.ea2b2d60e48a7288e076aad458a259b1.png

Any pics of that Q46? I'd love to see that next to the QM6 flying down Union Tpke overnight lol!

31 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Any pics of that Q46? I'd love to see that next to the QM6 flying down Union Tpke overnight lol!

None from me, I had gotten off the LIRR and walked over to Queens Blvd lol. It did one round trip to/from LIJ as far as I'm aware.

Here's a screenshot from a FB post.

96685943_1156279488058525_7258549778835832832_n.thumb.jpg.622b2165b2424df9a3dc99ec5e0a6234.jpg

Edited by Cait Sith

4743 was doing driver training in the Spring Creek Towers area today. I suspect that the B1 is on track to become articulated for summer pick? (The bus still has Kingsbridge stickers.) It is not unusual for Spring Creek Towers to be used by other garages and divisions for driver training, especially with the Seaview Avenue loop and sometimes the off-Penn Avenue loops too.

2 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

4743 was doing driver training in the Spring Creek Towers area today. I suspect that the B1 is on track to become articulated for summer pick? (The bus still has Kingsbridge stickers.) It is not unusual for Spring Creek Towers to be used by other garages and divisions for driver training, especially with the Seaview Avenue loop and sometimes the off-Penn Avenue loops too.

I'm surprised they are training now. did they have a bunch of trainees crowded in the bus today? I hope they were all wearing masks!

10 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I'm surprised they are training now. did they have a bunch of trainees crowded in the bus today? I hope they were all wearing masks!

Yes there were trainees sitting in the seats, all with PPE. NYC is likely on track to resume normal operations in early June.