BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

The beaches on Long Island will be open, but not NYC.

Help me understand what that means:

No NYC lifeguards so if you swim at a NYC beach you’re on your own if there’s an incident; or that if you’re on the sand or in the water, NYPD will cute or arrest you?

(I’m from California so even in NorCal if you wanna get in the water, no one’s stopping you unless there’s an environmental hazard.)

3 hours ago, Deucey said:

Help me understand what that means:

No NYC lifeguards so if you swim at a NYC beach you’re on your own if there’s an incident; or that if you’re on the sand or in the water, NYPD will cute or arrest you?

(I’m from California so even in NorCal if you wanna get in the water, no one’s stopping you unless there’s an environmental hazard.)

The police don't really bother you if you're on the beach or the sand. I've been out there at 3-4 in the morning catching the breeze. Just don't get in the water.

11 hours ago, SoSpectacular said:

The police don't really bother you if you're on the beach or the sand. I've been out there at 3-4 in the morning catching the breeze. Just don't get in the water.

Which is funny, in California the rule is nobody's allowed in the sand or on the beach but watersports are OK'd lol.

13 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Which is funny, in California the rule is nobody's allowed in the sand or on the beach but watersports are OK'd lol.

Even after mentally punching myself to make sense of it (all I will say is that my mind can be really weird), it still doesn't make any sense.

1 hour ago, MHV9218 said:

Who told you that?

We’d have bonfires overnight on state, county, and city beaches regularly.

2 hours ago, Deucey said:

Who told you that?

Right now, the official Covid rule for SoCal is that during the day the beaches are closed, but the water is open for watersports. No idea what the overnight rule is but that's policy during Covid restrictions.

On 5/16/2020 at 11:52 AM, Deucey said:

Who told you that?

Really?

Out here in Washington they're definitely controlled because of all the wildfires in recent years. You have to do it in official fire pits and they're quick to close em as soon as air quality starts going down.

1 hour ago, bobtehpanda said:

Really?

Out here in Washington they're definitely controlled because of all the wildfires in recent years. You have to do it in official fire pits and they're quick to close em as soon as air quality starts going down.

Never had that problem since all the beaches are separated from forests or combustibles by a road and at least a football field’s length of sand (versus shores that were never improved to beaches) - even in NorCal. (Plus outside of LA and Oakland, the Coastal Ranges abut the beach.)

On 5/15/2020 at 5:26 PM, trainfan22 said:

The beaches on Long Island will be open, but not NYC.

Fort Tilden and Jacob Riis Park in Queens, and the beach at Miller Field in SI, are federally owned. Along the Brooklyn waterfront, that is a state park north of the Williamsburg Bridge, and there are other state parks within city limits that likely will be open, including one in my backyard. Will the federally-owned parks be open?

5 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

Fort Tilden and Jacob Riis Park in Queens, and the beach at Miller Field in SI, are federally owned. Along the Brooklyn waterfront, that is a state park north of the Williamsburg Bridge, and there are other state parks within city limits that likely will be open, including one in my backyard. Will the federally-owned parks be open?

Probably not, the federal government is still weary of executing that kind of action, chances of opening are higher in state and local governments on the contrary though.

2 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

One of the Orion VIIs got into an accident today in Brooklyn. 6823? (can't read the number) Link to article down below:

https://www.amny.com/police-fire/out-of-control-mta-bus-rampages-through-brooklyn-street-leaving-11-injured/

6822. There was a clear picture of the bus near the end of the article.

The M31 is using Artics today Ik this route was using Artics from 126th Street Depot way back and then it went to quill and haven't touched a artic since and then it goes too TU and hasn't either but today it finally touches a Artic it's  only using LFS'As.

Edited by Ultimategamer12c