BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice level of detail there with the turnaround. Free advertising.

PART SUSPENDED  Posted: 05/21/2020  8:12PM

Q12 bus service is suspended in both directions between Alameda Ave and Glenwood St because of road work on Northern Blvd.

Q12 buses are terminating and departing from Northern Blvd at Alameda Ave in front of East Hills Chevrolet of Douglaston. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

19 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Q12 bus service is suspended in both directions between Alameda Ave and Glenwood St because of road work on Northern Blvd.

Q12 buses are terminating and departing from Northern Blvd at Alameda Ave in front of East Hills Chevrolet of Douglaston. 

Other transit providers tend to not have any qualms about listing a specific company some bus stop is at or near (especially smaller transit providers), but that is something I've noticed that the MTA typically/purposely refrained from doing....

Ah, the good ole days where you can watch a television show that didn't blur out popular name brand logos on clothing....

On 5/21/2020 at 10:05 PM, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Maybe they hope you will get off the bus and go right into the Chevy dealer to buy a car and never need the Q12 again ;)

20 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Other transit providers tend to not have any qualms about listing a specific company some bus stop is at or near (especially smaller transit providers), but that is something I've noticed that the MTA typically/purposely refrained from doing....

Ah, the good ole days where you can watch a television show that didn't blur out popular name brand logos on clothing....

I mean these days that's called "unauthorized product placement" and the MTA loses enough frivolous lawsuits as it is.

49 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

Switching gears to more bizarre stuff...

I honestly have no words to describe any of this.

I'm not even going to pretend like I'm outraged over this worldstarhiphop worthy fodder anymore (although I'd like to know the backstory, just for the f*** of it)....

These kids tryna go viral, but oh would the world be a better place if they went virile

The M191 seems to be suspended with no suspension notice on the website. It’s on the bus stops though.

I would probably predict that the Elevator Shuttle for the A train at 181st St is also suspended for the same reason

Edited by mine248

2 hours ago, WestFarms36 said:

Switching gears to more bizarre stuff...

I honestly have no words to describe any of this.

All together now...more proof that...the craziest people in America come from the Bronx, and all of Florida! People will deny it, but this is proof of that and there is proof every day of it.

52 minutes ago, aemoreira81 said:

All together now...more proof that...the craziest people in America come from the Bronx, and all of Florida! People will deny it, but this is proof of that and there is proof every day of it.

Shit ain't all that sweet in Brooklyn either...

1 hour ago, aemoreira81 said:

This means much of nothing, coming from the likes of you..... How many protesters you plan on plowing over & homeless you plan on ousting from this city?

35 minutes ago, Jdog14 said:

Shit ain't all that sweet in Brooklyn either...

Talk to 'em about them wooo's & choo's.....

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

This means much of nothing, coming from the likes of you..... How many protesters you plan on plowing over & homeless you plan on ousting from this city?

For the people in the IG post...would that be the worst thing to plow them over? It's clear that they're future delinquents.

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Lmao...goooood memory I'll say that much. Not too many folks remember all the remarks on the forum back when.

Anyone with better bus knowledge than me know what the capacity of an XD40 and XD60 are, seated + standing? I'm thinking of starting up more cohesive transit writings again so I need this info, but everywhere I can find only really estimates seated.

Edited by bobtehpanda