Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

5 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

Fort Tilden and Jacob Riis Park in Queens, and the beach at Miller Field in SI, are federally owned. Along the Brooklyn waterfront, that is a state park north of the Williamsburg Bridge, and there are other state parks within city limits that likely will be open, including one in my backyard. Will the federally-owned parks be open?

Probably not, the federal government is still weary of executing that kind of action, chances of opening are higher in state and local governments on the contrary though.

One of the Orion VIIs got into an accident in Brooklyn. 6823? (can't read the number) Link to article down below:

https://www.amny.com/police-fire/out-of-control-mta-bus-rampages-through-brooklyn-street-leaving-11-injured/

https://www.pix11.com/news/local-news/at-least-8-including-a-pedestrian-suffer-minor-injuries-in-collision-involving-bus-officials

Edited by DCTransitFilms

2 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

One of the Orion VIIs got into an accident today in Brooklyn. 6823? (can't read the number) Link to article down below:

https://www.amny.com/police-fire/out-of-control-mta-bus-rampages-through-brooklyn-street-leaving-11-injured/

6822. There was a clear picture of the bus near the end of the article.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

6822. There was a clear picture of the bus near the end of the article.

I just saw (my internet was slow when I was trying to correct it) thank you for the update

The M31 is using Artics today Ik this route was using Artics from 126th Street Depot way back and then it went to quill and haven't touched a artic since and then it goes too TU and hasn't either but today it finally touches a Artic it's  only using LFS'As.

Edited by Ultimategamer12c

On the SIM routes like the SIM33C, can the letters and route be lowered on size rather than showing SIM first then 33C (Both Prevosts and MCIs)?

Nice level of detail there with the turnaround. Free advertising.

PART SUSPENDED  Posted: 05/21/2020  8:12PM

Q12 bus service is suspended in both directions between Alameda Ave and Glenwood St because of road work on Northern Blvd.

Q12 buses are terminating and departing from Northern Blvd at Alameda Ave in front of East Hills Chevrolet of Douglaston. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven
  • LMAO! 2

Why hasn't the (MTA) fast tracked the installation of OMNY throughout the entire system so you no longer have to use the machines? 

18 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Why hasn't the (MTA) fast tracked the installation of OMNY throughout the entire system so you no longer have to use the machines? 

I’m pretty sure they still don’t have the necessary personnel available to install them at a faster pace.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Q12 bus service is suspended in both directions between Alameda Ave and Glenwood St because of road work on Northern Blvd.

Q12 buses are terminating and departing from Northern Blvd at Alameda Ave in front of East Hills Chevrolet of Douglaston. 

Other transit providers tend to not have any qualms about listing a specific company some bus stop is at or near (especially smaller transit providers), but that is something I've noticed that the MTA typically/purposely refrained from doing....

Ah, the good ole days where you can watch a television show that didn't blur out popular name brand logos on clothing....

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I believe it's called "Covid-19 caused people to stay home and/or lose their jobs"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

On 5/21/2020 at 10:05 PM, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Maybe they hope you will get off the bus and go right into the Chevy dealer to buy a car and never need the Q12 again ;)

• LMAO! 9

1 hour ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Maybe they hope you will get off the bus and go right into the Chevy dealer to buy a car and never need the Q12 again ;)

Well that's one way to encourage social distancing. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven
  • LMAO! 3

13 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

I believe it's called "Covid-19 caused people to stay home and/or lose their jobs"

He has a point. The time to make changes is now when there's less traffic/ridership and therefore less disruption. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

So, get a$$ reamed by snake oil salesmen or...... snake oil salesmen.....

P2MYg7H.gif

• LMAO! 2

20 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Other transit providers tend to not have any qualms about listing a specific company some bus stop is at or near (especially smaller transit providers), but that is something I've noticed that the MTA typically/purposely refrained from doing....

Ah, the good ole days where you can watch a television show that didn't blur out popular name brand logos on clothing....

I mean these days that's called "unauthorized product placement" and the MTA loses enough frivolous lawsuits as it is.

9 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

Switching gears to more bizarre stuff...

I honestly have no words to describe any of this.

That is so incredibly stupid, ignorant, and dangerous on so many levels I don't even have words to describe it.

49 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

Switching gears to more bizarre stuff...

I honestly have no words to describe any of this.

I'm not even going to pretend like I'm outraged over this worldstarhiphop worthy fodder anymore (although I'd like to know the backstory, just for the f*** of it)....

These kids tryna go viral, but oh would the world be a better place if they went virile

• LMAO! 3