Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Lmao. Guess Gleason gave up on washing. That's usual the kind of thing you see in winter.

On 5/22/2020 at 11:28 PM, QM1to6Ave said:

Maybe they hope you will get off the bus and go right into the Chevy dealer to buy a car and never need the Q12 again ;)

But it’s a Chevy - you’ll be back on the bus waiting for that replacement tranny to show up, get installed, and work close to properly.

• LMAO! 7

On 5/23/2020 at 10:11 PM, aemoreira81 said:

For the people in the IG post...would that be the worst thing to plow them over? It's clear that they're future delinquents.

So now advocating assault and homicide?

COVID is really showing the world people’s true colors.

• Upvote 2

On 5/25/2020 at 12:10 AM, Snorunts said:

Wtf is the joy in this? Do these teens feel pleasure by doing this? Because that’s sad.

I remember flying out here in ‘95 and seeing folks riding on the rear bumper of RTS’ by putting fingers in the hook at the bottom of the grille/black vents.

They didn’t do that in LA, Detroit, SF, or anywhere else RTS’ ran supreme.

Thats when I knew NYers are different.

• LMAO! 6
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Lmao. Guess Gleason gave up on washing. That's usual the kind of thing you see in winter.

The bus wash is currently being upgraded at the depot (definitely needs it), there's only one wash unit available right now. But, the reason why the rims are as dirty as they are is more due to the brake dust that accumulates. I've seen rims get replaced and the ones that do get pulled off the buses are so blackened on the inner part that it looks like it's been painted! It's pretty interesting to see.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I'm not gonna lie, "black rims" look good with the new scheme, lmaoo. 

Would not be a bad idea for the entire fleet, TBH...done upon the next replacement of wheels or tires.

On 5/26/2020 at 11:19 PM, Deucey said:

I remember flying out here in ‘95 and seeing folks riding on the rear bumper of RTS’ by putting fingers in the hook at the bottom of the grille/black vents.

I can imagine a lot of folks who rode on the back bumper of the RTS’s ended up with black fingers. 

4 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I can imagine a lot of folks who rode on the back bumper of the RTS’s ended up with black fingers. 

But it saved them tokens.

• LMAO! 1

Posted (edited)

Another quick question: what is the most frequent bus in the city and its frequency? And have we run higher frequencies than that before, and if so, what?

When I mean most frequent I mean during any given time of the day for an hour. So peak-only frequencies are eligible to answer this question.

Edited by bobtehpanda

6 minutes ago, bobtehpanda said:

Another quick question: what is the most frequent bus in the city and its frequency? And have we run higher frequencies than that before, and if so, what?

When I mean most frequent I mean during any given time of the day for an hour. So peak-only frequencies are eligible to answer this question.

I think the Bx12SBS is. That bus runs every 3-4 minutes during the rush IIRC.

On 5/26/2020 at 11:19 PM, Deucey said:

KZHdVnP.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is becoming ridiculous. More and more mentally unstable homeless people riding the express buses. Got another one tonight on the QM21. Walked right on without paying. Stinks to high heavens, and clearly is not stable. People on the bus are rightfully pissed.

EZI0eRpXYAA8Lr4?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

This is becoming ridiculous. More and more mentally unstable homeless people riding the express buses. Got another one tonight on the QM21. Walked right on without paying. Stinks to high heavens, and clearly is not stable. People on the bus are rightfully pissed.

EZI0eRpXYAA8Lr4?format=jpg&name=large

I don't understand why some express drivers do not at least enforce the $6.75. That makes no sense to me at all

3 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

I don't understand why some express drivers do not at least enforce the $6.75. That makes no sense to me at all

....Yet a working professional like @QM1to6Ave has to show ID.

SMFH.

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, bobtehpanda said:

The M15 SBS is every 2-3 minutes during rush hours. Pre SBS the B46 was also every 2 minutes.

The combined M14A/M14D SBS is every 3-8 minutes throughout the day, 7 days a week.

Edited by Around the Horn
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GreatOne2k said:

They probably think the express buses are free all the time, not just 1-5am

Yeah that's a possibility, but the driver didn't help matters. He walked right on and took a seat.

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

....Yet a working professional like @QM1to6Ave has to show ID.

SMFH.

Yeah. Even the drivers don't know what to do in part because they are getting contradicting information. The union is telling the drivers one thing and management is saying another.  Case-in-point... Some drivers are up in arms about having disabled people board through the front door and they don't want to pick them up. I keep telling them the rules are very clear. Disabled people are the only ones allowed to board through the front. Then you have some drivers that think that only essential workers are allowed on the bus, which is also incorrect. The service is for anyone with essential needs (food, medicine, work, etc.), and they don't need to show ID either.

2 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Well she somehow didn't know that the guy boarded, even though he smelled to high heavens. When a lady that posted in my group about it got off, she told the driver, and she said the driver looked nervous, so since she didn't pay attention, I'm sure she had to deal with getting him off of the bus. That's been another problem. These people are carrying who knows what. The drivers don't want to touch them and then have to call to have them removed, which can hold up service. The policy is to state the fare, but not challenge riders on it, but at the same time, the guy was clearly not mentally stable and the passengers were all trying to move away from him, so clearly there was a safety issue. It's not like the subway where you may be able to move to another car. One bus with no windows in a confined space...

51 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Yeah that's a possibility, but the driver didn't help matters. He walked right on and took a seat.

Yeah. Even the drivers don't know what to do in part because they are getting contradicting information. The union is telling the drivers one thing and management is saying another.  Case-in-point... Some drivers are up in arms about having disabled people board through the front door and they don't want to pick them up. I keep telling them the rules are very clear. Disabled people are the only ones allowed to board through the front. Then you have some drivers that think that only essential workers are allowed on the bus, which is also incorrect. The service is for anyone with essential needs (food, medicine, work, etc.), and they don't need to show ID either.

Well she somehow didn't know that the guy boarded, even though he smelled to high heavens. When a lady that posted in my group about it got off, she told the driver, and she said the driver looked nervous, so since she didn't pay attention, I'm sure she had to deal with getting him off of the bus. That's been another problem. These people are carrying who knows what. The drivers don't want to touch them and then have to call to have them removed, which can hold up service. The policy is to state the fare, but not challenge riders on it, but at the same time, the guy was clearly not mentally stable and the passengers were all trying to move away from him, so clearly there was a safety issue. It's not like the subway where you may be able to move to another car. One bus with no windows in a confined space...

If buses are running on modified schedules, is there any reason beyond rider preference to run coaches instead of Transit buses on the express routes?

3 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

As they tell us at Zerega:

"You're just paid to move the bus. That farebox shouldn't be your concern. Hit F5, let 'em ride"

• LMAO! 2
  • Upvote 3

What I'd really like to see with full OMNY installation is real time monitoring of reader counts vs the passenger counters over the doors...

Big discrepancy between devices tapped in and passengers counted? Have the eagle team meet that bus.

• Upvote 1

So yesterday  a couple of XD40s from Quill went to OF and stayed their last night, now today #7610 makes an appearance  on the M1 rn.

1 hour ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

So yesterday  a couple of XD40s from Quill went to OF and stayed their last night, now today #7610 makes an appearance  on the M1 rn.

To verify, 7602 and 7610 are the two at MCH

Posted (edited)

Yeah 7602 and 7610. We'll see if those stick out the weekend. 

^ Edit: jinx!

Also, nobody ever explained to me why 6695 and 6712 were retired prematurely. Pretty early given the 2005 OGs are still running in BK.

Edited by MHV9218

What gives.. Why is MQ sending buses to MCH.