Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Express bus service is now SUSPENDED for tonight. Last trips finishing up. Drivers have been instructed to stop picking up passengers and return to their respective depots ASAP.

From the mta.info updates, SIM1C, SIM3C, SIM4C and SIM33C routes: "Buses will make all Staten Island stops and bring customers to the Ferry." Does it mean it stops along St. George Ferry terminal for ferry connection or that it goes through the Verazano Bridge and Battery Tunnel making just one stop in Manhattan by Bowling Green Station? 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Calvin said:

49963915258_3248f1ff1f_b.jpg

Credit goes to the original photographer. 

What the f*ck? Blast from the past, I guess. I remember getting into an RTS with such a number font but only inside the bus

Edited by Yankees4life

28 minutes ago, Calvin said:

From the mta.info updates, SIM1C, SIM3C, SIM4C and SIM33C routes: "Buses will make all Staten Island stops and bring customers to the Ferry." Does it mean it stops along St. George Ferry terminal for ferry connection or that it goes through the Verazano Bridge and Battery Tunnel making just one stop in Manhattan by Bowling Green Station? 

Buses will not leave Staten Island. Instead, they will go up Bay Street (SIM3C/33C), Targee/Van Duzer (SIM1C), or the Terrace (SIM4C) to the ferry. 

In addition, in Brooklyn Division, there is no bus service into Downtown Brooklyn.

• B25, B26, B38, B45, B52, B54, and B65 westbound service terminates at Vanderbilt Avenue. (Not all listed on website)
  • B41 northbound service terminates at the Brooklyn Public Library at Grand Army Plaza.
  • B57 westbound and B62 southbound service terminate at the Farragut Houses.
  • B63 northbound service terminates at 9th Street
  • B67 northbound service terminates at Union Street (B69 service is unaffected, but the last northbound departure is 9 PM and return at 9:45 PM).

In the Bronx Division:

• Bx12 SBS and Bx29...buses are not servicing Bay Plaza, and are instead terminating in Co-op City Section 5.
  • Bx38: not servicing Bay Plaza, instead operating in Co-op City via 1-2-3-4-5, ending at Erskine Place.
  • BxM4: detoured via Webster Avenue between Tremont Avenue and Bedford Park Boulevard.

Manhattan Division: too numerous to list.

Queens Division:

• Spring Creek express routes: via Lexington Avenue
  • College Point and JFK express routes: via Lexington Avenue
  • Q22 and QM17: eastbound service starts and ends from St. John's Epi
  • Q60: all service on the main road.

Amazingly, the B103 is running on normal route. (I include the B103 here because Spring Creek is within Queens Division.)

Posted (edited)

All Brooklyn, Bronx, and Queens express bus service has been suspended.

SUSPENDED  Posted: 06/02/2020  9:38PM

There is no Brooklyn express bus service in both directions because of ongoing protests in Manhattan and Brooklyn.

SUSPENDED  Posted: 06/02/2020  9:35PM

There is no Queens express bus service in both directions because of ongoing protests in Manhattan and Queens.

SUSPENDED  Posted: 06/02/2020  9:31PM

There is no Bronx express bus service in both directions because of ongoing protests in Manhattan and the Bronx.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

9 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

All Queens and Bronx express bus service has been suspended.

There is no Queens express bus service in both directions because of ongoing protests in Manhattan and Queens.

There is no Bronx express bus service in both directions because of ongoing protests in Manhattan and the Bronx.

Queens Express or Queens? The tweet from @NYCTBus says Queens bus only.

2 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Queens Express or Queens? The tweet from @NYCTBus says Queens bus only.

It appears only Queens express. The initial advisory on the MTA website also said Queens bus, but it has been corrected to Queens express.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

1 hour ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

All Brooklyn, Bronx, and Queens express bus service has been suspended.

SUSPENDED  Posted: 06/02/2020  9:38PM

There is no Brooklyn express bus service in both directions because of ongoing protests in Manhattan and Brooklyn.

This is totally outdated. Service was suspended well before this. We noted that service was suspended by 7:45pm. Ridiculous that they post this two hours later. Worst of all they confirmed that they are still charging $6.75 for the express bus on Staten Island, which is only carrying passengers to the Ferry.

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

This is totally outdated. Service was suspended well before this. We noted that service was suspended by 7:45pm. Ridiculous that they post this two hours later. Worst of all they confirmed that they are still charging $6.75 for the express bus on Staten Island, which is only carrying passengers to the Ferry.

The bustime website is a mess too. It says "all queens bus service is suspended" but also lists an outdated QM7 detour

On 6/1/2020 at 9:31 PM, trainfan22 said:

I'm surprised they didn't suspend bus service in the BX, that borough is like a real life GTA right now.

Pretty much...

tumblr_nb1ampa7TM1soyorbo1_400.gif

Posted (edited)

Overnight express bus service will be running in Queens at least. The X68 is running, and there are buses at the terminals on the QM6 and QM17 waiting to depart at their respective times. 

Update: 

The BM2, X28, BxM4, and BxM11 are running as well. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven
Looks like buses are running on the regular route.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

The bustime website is a mess too. It says "all queens bus service is suspended" but also lists an outdated QM7 detour

Yeah, and for essential workers that started before midnight, they were SOL. A friend of mine was lucky in that he could take the subway, but his employer has been telling him not to use the subway to mitigate any spread of Coronavirus. Didn't have a choice last night since there was no Uber or Lyft.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

5439 now has the Cuomo wrap placed where the Select Bus Service paint is at. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Yeah, and for essential workers that started before midnight, they were SOL. A friend of mine was lucky in that he could take the subway, but his employer has been telling him not to use the subway to mitigate any spread of Coronavirus. Didn't have a choice last night since there was no Uber or Lyft.

Yeah, my colleagues who worked until midnight or 1 or 2 am ended up having to take the subway home since nothing else was running. A lot of the areas medical centers have been running private vans to and from nearby subway hubs to pick up and drop off their employees 

At 2PM, all NYC buses pulled over for a moment of silence in memory of George Floyd. The B/O announced this over the PA system. The B/O of the bus I'm on pulled into the bus stop, pulled the parking brake, and threw up the Black Power fist for a bit. Very dope gesture!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 6

Just happened to glance at the old (MTA) website after a friend gave me a heads up. The status of the Brooklyn buses is obviously screwed up because of the protests in the borough. My question is exactly “ who’s writing these updates “ ? Vanderbilt Avenue or Vanderbilt Street? Buses terminating at locations that aren’t even on their routes ? Looking at the B35 for example it said no service eastbound between two major streets and the next sentence repeats the same thing although it would appear that the troubled area is westbound if you go by what’s written. Are the status updates for the other boroughs this poorly written? Carry on.

• LMAO! 6

I saw a cleaning crew cleaning and disinfecting the driver’s area on a Bx19 during a relief earlier.

4 hours ago, Trainmaster5 said:

Are the status updates for the other boroughs this poorly written?

I think I read somewhere that at times they’ll have seasonal/temp/rookie/what-have-you kind of people writing up the status updates.

Posted (edited)

Protests today are going up Flatbush between Grand Army Plaza (and through downtown Brooklyn to Cadman Plaza). There is also a separate one in East New York. Brooklyn Division truncations (inbound to downtown Brooklyn except B14):

• B14: Via Blake Avenue (eastbound) and Dumont Avenue (westtbound) instead of Sutter Avenue, between Pennsylvania Avenue and the Cypress Hills Houses
  • B25: Last stop Washington Avenue
  • B26 and B52: Last stop Greene/Carlton Avenues
  • B37 and B103: Last stop Dean Street
  • B38: Last stop Washington Avenue
  • B41: Last stop Empire Boulevard
  • B45: Last stop Vanderbilt Avenue
  • B54: Last stop Vanderbilt Avenue
  • B57/B62: Last stop Farragut Houses
  • B63: Last stop 9 Street
  • B65: Last stop Vanderbilt Avenue
  • B67: Last stop Union Street
  • B69: Suspended until Monday morning
Edited by aemoreira81
Made it clearer vis a vis B14
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

lol they finally shortened the B103, ppl on twitter was going on NYCT Bus twitter complaining that no buses were running downtown except for the B103.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

Protests today are going up Flatbush between Grand Army Plaza (and through downtown Brooklyn to Cadman Plaza). There is also a separate one in East New York. Brooklyn Division truncations (inbound to downtown Brooklyn except B14):

• B14: Via Blake Avenue (eastbound) and Dumont Avenue (westtbound) instead of Sutter Avenue, between Pennsylvania Avenue and the Cypress Hills Houses
  • B25: Last stop Washington Avenue
  • B26 and B52: Last stop Greene/Carlton Avenues
  • B37 and B103: Last stop Dean Street
  • B38: Last stop Washington Avenue
  • B41: Last stop Empire Boulevard
  • B45: Last stop Vanderbilt Avenue
  • B54: Last stop Vanderbilt Avenue
  • B57/B62: Last stop Farragut Houses
  • B65: Last stop Vanderbilt Avenue

B61 buses were told to terminate at Pier 6 since you left that one out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

mjlol.png

They could at least have the B67 divert over to Union (R) until Monday morning....

Edited by B35 via Church
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Is the regular on-board payment going to be back in place when we reach to Phase 4? 

On 6/4/2020 at 8:45 PM, Trainmaster5 said:

Just happened to glance at the old (MTA) website after a friend gave me a heads up. The status of the Brooklyn buses is obviously screwed up because of the protests in the borough. My question is exactly “ who’s writing these updates “ ? Vanderbilt Avenue or Vanderbilt Street? Buses terminating at locations that aren’t even on their routes ? Looking at the B35 for example it said no service eastbound between two major streets and the next sentence repeats the same thing although it would appear that the troubled area is westbound if you go by what’s written. Are the status updates for the other boroughs this poorly written? Carry on.

I've been getting complaints from Queens Residents that a lot of veteran doctors, educators, realtors, and clerks have outright left the city because they're tired of these overly ambitious young people picking a fight with them in their office. Most people who work out of Roosevelt Field and Green Acres are Queens Residents who admit they willingly quit their office jobs in Manhattan for a small shop because it's the least stressful and easy thing to do even if it means getting paid at a hourly wage.

On 6/4/2020 at 8:45 PM, Trainmaster5 said:

I asked this very question in a meeting with Cipriano and other senior planners. Room went quiet. LOL I told them the detour info is always a mess and wanted to know who was responsible for them. Lol