BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Abba said:

Right but i think at this point I think it’s little harsh to say you can’t take a subway or bus .i guess their worried that too many people will take it.

took the subway only one time and I'm not an essential worker, but generally the subway environment is forgiving, though I still saw glares coming from passengers who knew I didn't look like an essential worker...

Edited by Bay Ridge Express
syntax

3 hours ago, Abba said:

Express buses they check? 

2 hours ago, paulrivera said:

I hope not. I need to go to Manhattan on Saturday and I'd like to take either the BxM1,3 or 4 at least one way.

They do not check on express routes for the most part, especially if you are a regular rider.

14 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

102809647_10218186083663755_935968786796

Cool! Now if only the (MTA) would get this on all the buses in all boroughs... one bus isn't really gonna get the message across. Actually, on my way home today I saw a few buses out of Gleason on the B68 that, instead of having a laminated sign that said "essential workers only", had a photocopy of it in the window. I guess they're running out...

20 minutes ago, Calvin said:

5441 has the blue/gold wrap currently, at Kingsbridge. The "New York City Bus" reading is on top instead of the bottom. 

For some reason, it also doesn’t have the bus # in the front of the bus. I’m glad KB has 5439 and 5441. Before, it seemed to be the only depot that housed articulated buses that were ALL in the white/blue stripe scheme. Hopefully 5440, 5442-5443 also make the move to KB, but I wouldn’t count on it too much.

Edited by Snorunts

The all-Nova fleet plan is finally about to come to fruition at GH and KB.

After they send out what's left of the XD60s, all they need to do is swap out the O7 hybrids (I hope that doesn't happen anytime soon; I really dig the takeoff speed of the hybrids and they've held up pretty well in the Bronx)

1 hour ago, paulrivera said:

After they send out what's left of the XD60s, all they need to do is swap out the O7 hybrids (I hope that doesn't happen anytime soon; I really dig the takeoff speed of the hybrids and they've held up pretty well in the Bronx)

They will probably retire 2006 OGs from Manhattan , send those hybrids there, and buy more buses for Bronx!

Edited by OrionVIIonM79

2 hours ago, Snorunts said:

For some reason, it also doesn’t have the bus # in the front of the bus. I’m glad KB has 5439 and 5441. Before, it seemed to be the only depot that housed articulated buses that were ALL in the white/blue stripe scheme. Hopefully 5440, 5442-5443 also make the move to KB, but I wouldn’t count on it too much.

Don’t see it happening anytime soon. 

Not quite yet for the all nova fleet plan. I say another artic order should commence before the all nova artic program proceeds to The Bronx. 

Now if the hybrids get shift out from The Bronx either Brooklyn, Queens or goes to (MTA) bus for retirement. 

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Don’t see it happening anytime soon. 

Not quite yet for the all nova fleet plan. I say another artic order should commence before the all nova artic program proceeds to The Bronx. 

Now if the hybrids get shift out from The Bronx either Brooklyn, Queens or goes to (MTA) bus for retirement. 

There's a pending Nova LFS order and a pending NF XDE40 order on the books; I can see GH and KB getting some more LFS to swap out their O7s (those would go to MTA Bus to replace their oldest hybrids), and the XDE40s going to Queens and Brooklyn with some going to MV and Quill in Manhattan.

If they really wanna go for uniform depot fleets, they'd send some new LFS buses to Staten Island and get those 2011 O7s over to MTA Bus as well.

There's a pending Nova LFS order and a pending NF XDE40 order on the books; I can see GH and KB getting some more LFS to swap out their O7s (those would go to MTA Bus to replace their oldest hybrids), and the XDE40s going to Queens and Brooklyn with some going to MV and Quill in Manhattan.

If they really wanna go for uniform depot fleets, they'd send some new LFS buses to Staten Island and get those 2011 O7s over to MTA Bus as well.

I wish all the 2011 3G Orion VII’s stayed in Queens, I used to like them when they were at QV during the initial testing phase. Now them buses are probably beat up. S.I can keep them for all I care. Shoot maybe JFK or LGA might see a couple of them before they retire in the future because they always seems to get the oldest buses in the system before they retire for good.

11 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

I see Manhattanville/MTA Bus in their future... unless the LFS HEVs or XDE40s head there

Manhattanville is indeed the breeding ground for the Hybrids.

However, I do agree with you. Manhattanville needs to get either the LFS HEV's or XDE40's there to have the hybrids sent to MTA BUS for retirement.

On 6/9/2020 at 8:25 PM, Missabassie said:

Been noticing a lot more bus-stop blocking since this corona-thingy.... Yes its always been an issue, but its gotten much worse from March onward.

Traffic/police haven't been enforcing violators of No Parking/No Standing zones as of late...

On 6/11/2020 at 12:56 AM, B35 via Church said:

If there's anything that's being taken for granted, it's public transportation period (regardless if you live in the city or the suburbs)... This isn't about not expecting people to feel stressed.... What I'm getting at, is that people get way too accustomed to one itinerary/commute & as cliche as it sounds, public transit isn't guaranteed to pan out the way you want it to 100% of the time.... That isn't to say that constant delays should be tolerated, but to expect perfection every single time? Ridiculous.... There's a reason some of us on here got annoyed with that dude Axis (or whatever his name was) that kept bitching about the Q44 & the Q113/4 on here.....

That's the shit some people (urbanites, suburbanites, w/e) are on & that's what I'm speaking on with this.....

Totally agree with this. Most people don't think before they go all up in arms about a bus not showing up or being late in general.

Most people don't ride a bus from one end to the other. Most won't see where problematic areas are, or they won't know about that car crash that's got a particular intersection jacked up. Buses are always going to be late. Sometimes there isn't a driver to cover a run if someone has to call out. It happens. Yes, people are going to wait double the headway (or even longer as I've experienced during the worst of this pandemic- you see some real angry people.) for a bus, and they won't care but to tell you that they've waited X amount of minutes for a bus.