Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Recommended Posts

I noticed this year as Stengel's XD-60s are at LGA for summer, it's not out of Quill like last year. I thought the XE-60s gave a boost on spare factor out of Quill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Calvin said:

I noticed this year as Stengel's XD-60s are at LGA for summer, it's not out of Quill like last year. I thought the XE-60s gave a boost on spare factor out of Quill. 

Not all of them are even in service, and the XD60s were from Stengel last year.

Edited by Cait Sith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw on the news that bus Ridership has went up since Phase 2 started, how they do know that if most of the buses in the city is still free?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2020 at 11:42 AM, Lawrence St said:

I saw a post that said MTA and NICE were returning to collecting fares on buses starting Saturday, is this true?

I think MTA's going to go straight to OMNY for the buses. We may have very well dipped our cards for the final time on local buses.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Saw on the news that bus Ridership has went up since Phase 2 started, how they do know that if most of the buses in the city is still free?

 

 

I bet the city gives them money 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

Saw on the news that bus Ridership has went up since Phase 2 started, how they do know that if most of the buses in the city is still free?

 

 

I mean all you really have to do is just look at the buses themselves along the routes. Plus with thousands of people now able to go back to work it is really no surprise that ridership is up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Saw on the news that bus Ridership has went up since Phase 2 started, how they do know that if most of the buses in the city is still free?

 

 

Sounds like they're using the passenger counters

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I was waiting for a b12 the driver would not let me on stating that it was to full. But that’s not fair. Someone got off .Why can’t a take her place and get on? That is not right and I think I, going to report it. Is there any reason it was ok? Please sound away 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Abba said:

Yesterday I was waiting for a b12 the driver would not let me on stating that it was to full. But that’s not fair. Someone got off .Why can’t a take her place and get on? That is not right and I think I, going to report it. Is there any reason it was ok? Please sound away 

 

Did you a favor IMO. I wouldn't want to be on a packed bus. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Abba said:

Yesterday I was waiting for a b12 the driver would not let me on stating that it was to full. But that’s not fair. Someone got off .Why can’t a take her place and get on? That is not right and I think I, going to report it. Is there any reason it was ok? Please sound away 

How full was the bus? It’s not safe being on a crowded bus during this time, especially if the front is blocked off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Abba said:

Yesterday I was waiting for a b12 the driver would not let me on stating that it was to full. But that’s not fair. Someone got off .Why can’t a take her place and get on? That is not right and I think I, going to report it. Is there any reason it was ok? Please sound away 

Alright, but what were the circumstances though? To me, this sounds like a situation where you tried running for the bus & just missed out.... If that's the case, the b/o doesn't have to open the door in that situation..... At that point, it's at the b/o's courtesy/discretion....

If not, then this story needs more details, before I start thinking this is something worth reporting a b/o over.....

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Snorunts said:

How full was the bus? It’s not safe being on a crowded bus during this time, especially if the front is blocked off.

I feel like several BO’s don’t care. I’ve been on a few buses recently that was packed and the driver kept letting people in. 
However today I was waiting for the bus and me and this guy was passed by a Q20A that was full with two standees however the day before I was on a crush loaded Q20A. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Alright, but what were the circumstances though? To me, this sounds like a situation where you tried running for the bus & just missed out.... If that's the case, the b/o doesn't have to open the door in that situation..... At that point, it's at the b/o's courtesy/discretion....

If not, then this story needs more details, before I start thinking this is something worth reporting a b/o over.....

I mean it was kind of crowded most  seats were taken but there was room to stand.  My point is that it would have been the same number of people on the bus as before . Maybe the driver could be given also a MTA bus time log to see how far the next bus is so they can determine if maybe it’s not so bad to make me wait for the next bus.  In yesterday’s case the next bus was 15 min away, if the driver knew that maybe she would have been nicer. I’m sure the next bus I also would have not been let out, but there I always a catch when something is free. In the next few weeks only a certain amount of people will be able to take buses if they keep things like this...

Edited by Abba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Snorunts said:

How full was the bus? It’s not safe being on a crowded bus during this time, especially if the front is blocked off.

Can they run more service . The problem is just going to get worse. But I guess if it’s free we just have know that’s It’s a risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Abba said:

I mean it was kind of crowded most  seats were taken but there was room to stand.  My point is that it would have been the same number of people on the bus as before . Maybe the driver could be given also a MTA bus time log to see how far the next bus is so they can determine if maybe it’s not so bad to make me wait for the next bus.  In yesterday’s case the next bus was 15 min away, if the driver knew that maybe she would have been nicer. I’m sure the next bus I also would have not been let out, but there I always a catch when something is free. In the next few weeks only a certain amount of people will be able to take buses if they keep things like this...

I get your point - thing is though, no bus driver operating a crowded bus is going to deduce that 1 person can get on, because 1 person got off... If you're telling me that there was room to stand, well again, what were the circumstances under which you tried to board the bus? It doesn't make sense if you were already at the stop, someone got off the bus, and the b/o wouldn't let you on, under the premise that the bus was too full - especially being that free entry through the back door is permissible right now.....

As far as dispatching goes though (which is more or less what you're getting at), I'm in complete agreement there.... It's long been a problem with buses in this city.

1 hour ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I feel like several BO’s don’t care. I’ve been on a few buses recently that was packed and the driver kept letting people in. 
However today I was waiting for the bus and me and this guy was passed by a Q20A that was full with two standees however the day before I was on a crush loaded Q20A. 

I was sandwiched between two B12's along Albany not too long ago, coming back from White Castle.... The bus in front caught the light at Albany/Clarkson, so the b/o got his/her right turn... I didn't want to chance it (as I had to make a left at that light), so I just waited.... Long story short, that bus in question was f***ing crushloaded.... I couldn't tell you how many people were on that bus that was behind me....

Like, before the crisis & what not, I get the sense that b/o's typically (still) aren't concerned with the amount of people on the buses....

Something interesting I saw though, was a dude waiting at the bus stop (Utica/ENY av [EB direction], alongside the White Castle) with a stroller.... IDK about you, but I've never known of a baby to have a perfectly rectangular shape! Is that the new hustle to get a seat in the front, or what?!

  • LMAO! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Early from today, an Articulated B1 was in-service in preperation for Sunday. Two pics from the walk from 86 St/W.7 St to Ocean Pkwy/Shore Pkwy. 

*One is a XD-40 and another is an XD-60. 

50045221716_ba195d1219_b.jpg 50045221746_5b8ce0621f_b.jpg 

Edited by Calvin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What will Ulmer Park be losing in exchange for the XD60s from the Bronx? (Or will the MTA finally be evening out the batches to give Grand, Stengel, and Ulmer Park consecutive batches?)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Calvin said:

Early from today, an Articulated B1 was in-service in preperation for Sunday. Two pics from the walk from 86 St/W.7 St to Ocean Pkwy/Shore Pkwy. 

*One is a XD-40 and another is an XD-60. 

50045221716_ba195d1219_b.jpg 50045221746_5b8ce0621f_b.jpg 

Nice! Looks like the (MTA) is gonna have to transfer some artics to UP in a hurry...or are they planning on starting off with just a few and adding more later?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

What will Ulmer Park be losing in exchange for the XD60s from the Bronx? (Or will the MTA finally be evening out the batches to give Grand, Stengel, and Ulmer Park consecutive batches?)

I would be satisfied with...

4710-4723, 4743-4770 (42) GA

4724-4742 (19) CS

4771-4798 (28) UP

 

IMO, UP should lose all of the miscellaneous XD40s that they have...

7108-7109, 7134-7139, 7255-7261, 7346-7365

 

They really need to make the fleets uniformed again smh...

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I would be satisfied with...

4710-4723, 4743-4770 (42) GA

4724-4742 (19) CS

4771-4798 (28) UP

 

IMO, UP should lose all of the miscellaneous XD40s that they have...

7108-7109, 7134-7139, 7255-7261, 7346-7365

 

They really need to make the fleets uniformed again smh...

Anything that involves getting rid of 7100s is a plus in my eyes

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if FLA will get some XD40s from UP to replace the NGs sent to ENY.

 

Crazy that UP has artic's... Mainly because the depot itself is old as dirt so I didn't think it would be possible for artic's to run out of that garage.. Also crazy that the B1 rather than the B6 is the UP route they choose for artic's, considering in many cases artic's are a service cut and they would save money by having less B6 runs.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I wonder if FLA will get some XD40s from UP to replace the NGs sent to ENY.

 

Crazy that UP has artic's... Mainly because the depot itself is old as dirt so I didn't think it would be possible for artic's to run out of that garage.. Also crazy that the B1 rather than the B6 is the UP route they choose for artic's, considering in many cases artic's are a service cut and they would save money by having less B6 runs.

I see this as more East New York and Fresh Pond. Possibly Grand Avenue to receive UP XD's

IF FLA is on the schedule to get XD40's. I see a possible return of 7346-7363 back home and no 71xx.

I think UP operators did a shadow trip on the B6 a few weeks ago.. Might be a possibility in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Over Night route out of Flatbush Depot starting Sunday June 28, 2020.

B99 will start from Nostrand Have/Flatbush ”Junction” to Manhattan W 58th Street. ThIs route is mainly due to the train service being out of service during the COvID CLEANING over night especially the number 2 train. The bus will run like a local B44 route and turn off to Eastern pkwy heading towards Flatbush ave and straight to Manhattan Bridge.

Right now operators out of Flatbush are currently doing line training. Management are considering this route to remain until further notice for a possibility for operators to pick as a new work in the future.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

New Over Night route out of Flatbush Depot starting Sunday June 28, 2020.

B99 will start from Nostrand Have/Flatbush ”Junction” to Manhattan W 58th Street. ThIs route is mainly due to the train service being out of service during the COvID CLEANING over night especially the number 2 train. The bus will run like a local B44 route and turn off to Eastern pkwy heading towards Flatbush ave and straight to Manhattan Bridge.

Right now operators out of Flatbush are currently doing line training. Management are considering this route to remain until further notice for a possibility for operators to pick as a new work in the future.

This'll be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I would be satisfied with...

4710-4723, 4743-4770 (42) GA

4724-4742 (19) CS

4771-4798 (28) UP

 

IMO, UP should lose all of the miscellaneous XD40s that they have...

7108-7109, 7134-7139, 7255-7261, 7346-7365

 

They really need to make the fleets uniformed again smh...

The long term plan has been making certain boroughs uniform not by number but to certain manufacturers (Bx and SI-Nova, BK- New Flyer, (MTA) Bus-Orion, etc.)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.