Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

1 hour ago, paulrivera said:

The long term plan has been making certain boroughs uniform not by number but to certain manufacturers (Bx and SI-Nova, BK- New Flyer, (MTA) Bus-Orion, etc.)

They can still do the same within that specific models fleet. 

Even though SI fleet is mainly LFS, having miscellaneous LFS at certain depots looks weird. 

Like S.I for example.

Charleston has 8117-8183, 8259

Yukon has 8107-8116, 8184-8188, 8190-8192, 8194-8201, 8204, 8260, 8263-8299, 8301-8317

Castleton has 8189, 8193, 8202-8203, 8205-8258, 8261-8262, 8318-8323, 8399-8400

Like why not let...

Charleston have 8107-8174

Castleton have 8176-8244

Yukon have 8245-8323, 8399-8400

Ion wanna hear anything about bike racks too because those can easily get swapped (there should be some bike racks on the 2019 LFS imo). 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

New Over Night route out of Flatbush Depot starting Sunday June 28, 2020.

B99 will start from Nostrand Have/Flatbush ”Junction” to Manhattan W 58th Street. ThIs route is mainly due to the train service being out of service during the COvID CLEANING over night especially the number 2 train. The bus will run like a local B44 route and turn off to Eastern pkwy heading towards Flatbush ave and straight to Manhattan Bridge.

Right now operators out of Flatbush are currently doing line training. Management are considering this route to remain until further notice for a possibility for operators to pick as a new work in the future.

Wow this is new! How come they don't advertise this?!

EDIT: According to this site below, looks like the route will take Start at the Junction like you said, and take Nostrand/ENY Avenues to/from Eastern Parkway, and then Eastern Parkway to Flatbush Ave and then Flatbush into the Manhattan Bridge, once in Manhattan, will take Canal St to 6th Ave. Buses will then use 6th Ave and Varick St to/from 14th St, and then take 14th down to 8th and 9th Aves. Buses will then take 8th/9th Aves to 58th St. 

https://rideschedules.com/mta-b99-bus-schedule-15150.html

I wonder how many of these overnight routes are in the making? 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Wow this is new! How come they don't advertise this?!

EDIT: According to this site below, looks like the route will take Start at the Junction like you said, and take Nostrand/ENY Avenues to/from Eastern Parkway, and then Eastern Parkway to Flatbush Ave and then Flatbush into the Manhattan Bridge, once in Manhattan, will take Canal St to 6th Ave. Buses will then use 6th Ave and Varick St to/from 14th St, and then take 14th down to 8th and 9th Aves. Buses will then take 8th/9th Aves to 58th St. 

https://rideschedules.com/mta-b99-bus-schedule-15150.html

I wonder how many of these overnight routes are in the making? 

That honestly looks like a great route, could see the potential for it being a regular full time bus line.

Off topic from this real quick, 4777 is on the B1.

Edited by NBTA
It's tracking now.

4 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

B99 will start from Nostrand Have/Flatbush ”Junction” to Manhattan W 58th Street. ThIs route is mainly due to the train service being out of service during the COvID CLEANING over night especially the number 2 train. The bus will run like a local B44 route and turn off to Eastern pkwy heading towards Flatbush ave and straight to Manhattan Bridge.

Right now operators out of Flatbush are currently doing line training. Management are considering this route to remain until further notice for a possibility for operators to pick as a new work in the future.

Now something like this is excellent and much needed. The route is excellent. Making (2) train stops along the way into Manhattan and back. Hopefully, this will gain ridership during the overnight and they could keep this route on a permanent basis. 

• Like 1

Interesting new route! I wonder what made them name it B99. Was it just a random unused number they chose?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Now something like this is excellent and much needed. The route is excellent. Making (2) train stops along the way into Manhattan and back. Hopefully, this will gain ridership during the overnight and they could keep this route on a permanent basis. 

The other day, I was thinking to myself that an overnight B51 would've been useful as hell during these times....

Now the MTA done f***ed around and created a bus route from the Junction to Midtown North, overnights.... Well, once word gets out about this B99, B41 usage north of the Junction will wane almost instantly... Main reason people took NB B41's overnights here in Flatbush & E. Flatbush is to get to Atlantic-Barclays (for the various subway connections there) or Jay St (for the (A) /(F)).... I'd say most folks taking B41's & Q35's from points south of the Junction would be those taking these B99's overnights.... It'll definitely garner usage.

Edited by B35 via Church

I have no idea what happened, but our bus driver just ordered a lady to get off the bus—singled her out. Any idea what might have happened? We had two teens without masks who got on with no fuss 15 minutes ago.

Posted (edited)

This has to stop . If you want to kick people off uses without masks kick them all off(or make an announcement that you must put it on and if you don’t have you must leave)  Not just who you feel.

Edited by Abba
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Abba said:

This has to stop . If you want to kick people off uses without masks kick them all off(or make an announcement that you must put it on and if you don’t have you must leave)  Not just who you feel.

Actually, I'm still on the bus and the bus driver kicked 3 new passengers off right after they attempted to board. They all had masks on. I think the bus has become drop-off only? I've never experienced this. Including myself, there are 5 people on the bus left.

Edited by CenSin

10 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Standard buses or articulateds?

@BM5 via Woodhaven Summer Pick schedules are out (it looks like they are making the changes they planned to implement in April. On Staten Island the big improvement is better coordination between the SIM3C & SIM33C, as well as a slight span extension for North Shore service overall)

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

@BM5 via Woodhaven Summer Pick schedules are out (it looks like they are making the changes they planned to implement in April. On Staten Island the big improvement is better coordination between the SIM3C & SIM33C, as well as a slight span extension for North Shore service overall)

When is the summer pick is supposed to start?

10 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

When is the summer pick is supposed to start?

Sunday, June 28th. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

https://new.mta.info/document/6926

The B1 starting next week will have a few adjustments in headway measures. 

Compared to the old timetable, 5 min headways during the weekdays:

http://web.mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/bkln/b001cur.pdf

Yeah, same old shit that comes with artics replacing 40 foot buses - Headway increases.

5 hours ago, CenSin said:

I have no idea what happened, but our bus driver just ordered a lady to get off the bus—singled her out. Any idea what might have happened? We had two teens without masks who got on with no fuss 15 minutes ago.

Actually, I'm still on the bus and the bus driver kicked 3 new passengers off right after they attempted to board. They all had masks on. I think the bus has become drop-off only? I've never experienced this. Including myself, there are 5 people on the bus left.

Well, what distinguished that lady (in the first quote) from the rest of you passengers?

Not that it matters, but I'm curious as to what route this was you were on....

12 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Well, what distinguished that lady (in the first quote) from the rest of you passengers?

Not that it matters, but I'm curious as to what route this was you were on....

The pattern became apparent later on. No additional people were accepted on the bus after Brighton Beach (:bus_bullet_b68:). Along the way up Coney Island Avenue, we bypassed some other buses. The buses were pretty bunched up, I guess. I saw another bus at Avenue K which we tailed for a bit.

It was nice having a relatively spacious bus then, because I took the :bus_bullet_b1: later and this man was flailing his arms trying to get people to stop going near him on the crowded bus and a woman was just bitching at anyone who got too close.

On 6/25/2020 at 4:40 PM, Abba said:

Can they run more service . The problem is just going to get worse. But I guess if it’s free we just have know that’s It’s a risk.

Service is already at peak now that we are back to normal schedules. Social distancing is a must on the buses. 

1 hour ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

What did the Bronx get in return for the lost of all the 2012-2013 XD60s? 

They received 14 buses from Flatbush earlier this year, 4 were sent to GH, 10 were sent to KB. Not sure if it was to replace the 2012-2013 NFI XD60s.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

I'll take a look at them. Wasn't really planning on compiling a list for this summer, but looking at the Brooklyn schedule changes (all that I've seen so far), I've found a few notable changes in service levels. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

B99 Route:

So yesterday I was trained on the route with a group of other operators. It was a nice an hour and so trip from the junction Brooklyn to Manhattan W 58th.  In the city portion of the route,  they started to put up the B99 bus stops signage. By this weekend more assign bus stops will be added across Brooklyn.

I’m please to announce I will be one of the operators operating on the route when it first launch on my day off as over timE

Edited by Flatbush SBS Duece
Posted with errors
  • Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

B99 Route:

So yesterday I was trained on the route with a group of other operators. It was a nice an hour and so trip from the junction Brooklyn to Manhattan W 58th.  In the city portion of the route,  they started to put up the B99 bus stops signage. By this weekend more assign bus stops will be added across Brooklyn.

I’m please to announce I will be one of the operators operating on the route when it first launch on my day off as over timE

I sort of wish that route would head on down further to King Hwy or Avenue N. It would be such a great help for people in the flatlands, marine park, and mill basin area. 

Also since NYC is opening up in faster phases do we know if the subways would open up over night again? 

1 hour ago, Brillant93 said:

I sort of wish that route would head on down further to King Hwy or Avenue N. It would be such a great help for people in the flatlands, marine park, and mill basin area. 

Also since NYC is opening up in faster phases do we know if the subways would open up over night again? 

To be honest, transit doesn't really want to open up the train service from 1am to 5am. If you look at the big picture, they're saving money by cutting train service at night temporarily and the deep COVID cleaning is actually working. Since the COVID deep cleaning started on the trains and buses, NYC has seen a drastic changes with number of cases. So I truly believe the transit system was the main course of the virus spreader.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6