BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

2 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

He's pulling that same shit on the CPTDB too, with me and Orion6025.

What do you mean? Its a chat. If you want to leave, you can.

3 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

So, you (or your "parents") chose to reply to your own posts too?

You're full of crap.

My parents can comment on what I post, pretty sure thats totally ok.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With that said, that's a huge abuse of forum privilege here. Not to mention, you are only allowed one account on here. To abuse that privilege just to boost your own posts is just stupid in general.

5 minutes ago, Jova42R said:

What do you mean? Its a chat. If you want to leave, you can.

My parents can comment on what I post, pretty sure thats totally ok.

Sorry, but I don't believe you at all. You gave it up with the typing style on all THREE of your accounts....you type the same across the board. And you begging for codes on that R32 account exposed yourself pretty hard....

You'll be sitting in the spectator's box from now on.

Edited by Cait Sith

17 minutes ago, Melbx15 said:

KB lost  8 buses & GH lost  17 buses so if I’m not mistaken isn’t the Bronx short on buses now 

KB gained 2 smartbus LFSAs. However, the total is enough to cover service with spares on their articulated routes. 

GH lost 12 buses. Although, 5 remained and kept as they are spares from the pool. 

If anything, they can move like 2-4 out to either KB or GH from TU or WF. LFSAs that is. 

Edited by Calvin

Just now, paulrivera said:

Gun Hill and Kingsbridge have had a significant spare factor because their buses would run like shit.

Let's see what the future holds tho...

It's the summer pick as well, reduced runs = higher spare factor.

I doubt they'll leave 5 oddball XD60s at GH with 150 LFSAs as their artic fleet. 

They'll probably head over tonight,  4743-4753, 4781-4793 is only 24 and I believe they were due for 28. 

It'll also be nice if they can run a few on the B6, especially if an operator has the B1/B6 in their shift. It'll be a good test for future artic operations (which are inevitable at this point). 

36 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I doubt they'll leave 5 oddball XD60s at GH with 150 LFSAs as their artic fleet. 

They'll probably head over tonight,  4743-4753, 4781-4793 is only 24 and I believe they were due for 28. 

It'll also be nice if they can run a few on the B6, especially if an operator has the B1/B6 in their shift. It'll be a good test for future artic operations (which are inevitable at this point). 

Why are artics on the B6 inevitable?

40 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

The majority of B1 trips are straight runs and reliefs, no interlines.

4 minutes ago, 4 via Mosholu said:

The :bus_bullet_b6_ltd: bus and it's local variant are very heavy on ridership.

Yeah I know, I used to ride the route almost daily pre-COVID. But the XD40s serve the line very well, I remember seeing bus after bus in a never-ending stream, and almost none of them too crowded. Who says artic conversion is happening?

38 minutes ago, RapidoNewLook said:

Why are artics on the B6 inevitable?

34 minutes ago, 4 via Mosholu said:

The :bus_bullet_b6_ltd: bus and it's local variant are very heavy on ridership.

29 minutes ago, RapidoNewLook said:

Who says artic conversion is happening?

Yepp the B6 is one of the heaviest ridership routes in Brooklyn. It is a route that can definitely use artics, and maybe an SBS variant down the line. Also, now that Ulmer Park can handle artics, the B6 getting artics or running artics isn't far behind. 

Side note: It is hilarious watching these B1 drivers exaggerate their turns and waiting for extra space with these buses. If they understood the engineering behind an artic, they would know that the turning doesn't need more radius than a 40ft bus. They're driving these buses as if it's 60ft of a non-bendy bus. But, practice makes perfect. 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

11 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Side note: It is hilarious watching these B1 drivers exaggerate their turns and waiting for extra space with these buses. If they understood the engineering behind an artic, they would know that the turning doesn't need more radius than a 40ft bus. They're driving these buses as if it's 60ft of a non-bendy bus.

Lol I see what you mean, that was pretty funny!

What's that with the duct tape on 4747 at about 3:14 in the video?