Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I doubt they'll leave 5 oddball XD60s at GH with 150 LFSAs as their artic fleet. 

They'll probably head over tonight,  4743-4753, 4781-4793 is only 24 and I believe they were due for 28. 

 

It'll also be nice if they can run a few on the B6, especially if an operator has the B1/B6 in their shift. It'll be a good test for future artic operations (which are inevitable at this point). 

Why are artics on the B6 inevitable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I doubt they'll leave 5 oddball XD60s at GH with 150 LFSAs as their artic fleet. 

They'll probably head over tonight,  4743-4753, 4781-4793 is only 24 and I believe they were due for 28. 

 

It'll also be nice if they can run a few on the B6, especially if an operator has the B1/B6 in their shift. It'll be a good test for future artic operations (which are inevitable at this point). 

The majority of B1 trips are straight runs and reliefs, no interlines.

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 4 via Mosholu said:

The :bus_bullet_b6_ltd: bus and it's local variant are very heavy on ridership.

Yeah I know, I used to ride the route almost daily pre-COVID. But the XD40s serve the line very well, I remember seeing bus after bus in a never-ending stream, and almost none of them too crowded. Who says artic conversion is happening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, RapidoNewLook said:

Why are artics on the B6 inevitable?

 

34 minutes ago, 4 via Mosholu said:

The :bus_bullet_b6_ltd: bus and it's local variant are very heavy on ridership.

 

29 minutes ago, RapidoNewLook said:

Who says artic conversion is happening?

Yepp the B6 is one of the heaviest ridership routes in Brooklyn. It is a route that can definitely use artics, and maybe an SBS variant down the line. Also, now that Ulmer Park can handle artics, the B6 getting artics or running artics isn't far behind. 

Side note: It is hilarious watching these B1 drivers exaggerate their turns and waiting for extra space with these buses. If they understood the engineering behind an artic, they would know that the turning doesn't need more radius than a 40ft bus. They're driving these buses as if it's 60ft of a non-bendy bus. But, practice makes perfect. 

 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Side note: It is hilarious watching these B1 drivers exaggerate their turns and waiting for extra space with these buses. If they understood the engineering behind an artic, they would know that the turning doesn't need more radius than a 40ft bus. They're driving these buses as if it's 60ft of a non-bendy bus.

 

Lol I see what you mean, that was pretty funny!

What's that with the duct tape on 4747 at about 3:14 in the video? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, RapidoNewLook said:

Lol I see what you mean, that was pretty funny!

What's that with the duct tape on 4747 at about 3:14 in the video? 

Further proof that GH/KB does not maintain their buses.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LMAO! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That one turn onto 87th Street has been a major pain in the ass for years so I'm frankly not surprised at all that ops are taking it super wide with artics.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the parking on streets get affected if a standard route is converted to an artic? Like the B38 on Onderdonk and Seneca Avs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

 

 

What a bendy boy!

 

I will have to go out and fan this bus soon.

Edited by Bay Ridge Express

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Does the parking on streets get affected if a standard route is converted to an artic? Like the B38 on Onderdonk and Seneca Avs 

They usually extend the bus stops especially if the stops aren’t long enough to fit at least 2 artic buses. However I noticed that they don’t bother to extend a lot of the low ridership stops which isn’t too surprising.
I noticed with the recent Q12 and B38 conversions stops were eliminated so that definitely freed up some parking. However in the Q12’s case I think most of the eliminated stops remained N20 stops. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Side note: It is hilarious watching these B1 drivers exaggerate their turns and waiting for extra space with these buses. If they understood the engineering behind an artic, they would know that the turning doesn't need more radius than a 40ft bus. They're driving these buses as if it's 60ft of a non-bendy bus. But, practice makes perfect. 

2:05- Best right turn of the vid. That B/O got the bus from the right turn right into the bus stop.

4:30- That B/O was acting like he was maneuvering a whole MCI or a Prevost. Jeez louise.

5:15- I'm reminded of how much I miss the old blue SBS blinking lights.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

Further proof that GH/KB does not maintain their buses.

I wouldn't go as far to say that just because of duct tape. I've seen duct tape on artics in Queens, Manhattan and Brooklyn.

Granted, The Bronx beats the living hell out of their buses, but duct tape is small compared to other things that have been seen.....like missing rear panels on D60s.

Edited by Cait Sith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont mean to change the subject but as of today, the Q70 route has been modified (as well as coverted to artics). 

Heading to the airport it now stops at Terminal D first, followed by C and B. Before it would stop at Terminal B first, then D and C. Bustime has been updated, but I'm madd at how every other terminal has a logical stop name 'LGA/Terminal C" and Terminal B is called 'Terminal B/HOV Lane'. Really MTA? Is that what you want the information screens to spit out to passengers, it's already bad enough the buses have the garbage clever devices that just pronounces the text at random with no next stop announcements. 

Also, southbound after it serves 74th-Roosevelt, it turns onto 75th St and continues down to Wooside, and turns right on Woodside and heads down to 61st (easy access to the eastbound LIRR platforms as well at Woodside/62nd st). 

 

This should've been the route from the start, alleviates dealing with traffic on Roosevelt and dealing with the horrible layover space on 61st with the Q53. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Terminal B is called 'Terminal B/HOV Lane'. Really MTA? Is that what you want the information screens to spit out to passengers, it's already bad enough the buses have the garbage clever devices that just pronounces the text at random with no next stop announcements. 

2022: "Terminal B and hov lane. Transfer to M60 Plus and Q50-L-T-D."

  • LMAO! 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 4 via Mosholu said:

The :bus_bullet_b6_ltd: bus and it's local variant are very heavy on ridership.

Some routes need capacity, but others need frequency.  The B6 is a frequency-driven route.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do the numbers infront of buses mean? Not the destination sign. I’m speaking about the numbers in the corner 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

What do the numbers infront of buses mean? Not the destination sign. I’m speaking about the numbers in the corner 

Either coach number or if you mean the 3 digit box, it's their run #

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aemoreira81 said:

Some routes need capacity, but others need frequency.  The B6 is a frequency-driven route.

This legit makes no sense at all....

55 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Dont mean to change the subject but as of today, the Q70 route has been modified (as well as coverted to artics). 

Heading to the airport it now stops at Terminal D first, followed by C and B. Before it would stop at Terminal B first, then D and C. Bustime has been updated, but I'm madd at how every other terminal has a logical stop name 'LGA/Terminal C" and Terminal B is called 'Terminal B/HOV Lane'. Really MTA? Is that what you want the information screens to spit out to passengers, it's already bad enough the buses have the garbage clever devices that just pronounces the text at random with no next stop announcements. 

Also, southbound after it serves 74th-Roosevelt, it turns onto 75th St and continues down to Wooside, and turns right on Woodside and heads down to 61st (easy access to the eastbound LIRR platforms as well at Woodside/62nd st). 

 

This should've been the route from the start, alleviates dealing with traffic on Roosevelt and dealing with the horrible layover space on 61st with the Q53. 

Yeah, that threw me for a loop when I rode the Q70 early yesterday morning also (4am trip from Woodside)... First stop was Delta Terminal & the buses don't stop along the (normal) curbside... With all the construction going on, just about everything's makeshift.... As long as I could still connect to the M60 within the airport, IDGAS (which is why I got off at the first stop within the airport)... Cool thing though was that I ended up bumping into a friend of a friend (she & like 15 other delta employees was waiting for the airport shuttle, which had arrived like 2 minutes before the M60 I ended up boarding did)....

6 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

What do the numbers infront of buses mean? Not the destination sign. I’m speaking about the numbers in the corner 

Lower right hand corner? Those are the run numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, B35 via Church said:

This legit makes no sense at all....

Yeah, that threw me for a loop when I rode the Q70 early yesterday morning also (4am trip from Woodside)... First stop was Delta Terminal & the buses don't stop along the (normal) curbside... With all the construction going on, just about everything's makeshift.... As long as I could still connect to the M60 within the airport, IDGAS (which is why I got off at the first stop within the airport)... Cool thing though was that I ended up bumping into a friend of a friend (she & like 15 other delta employees was waiting for the airport shuttle, which had arrived like 2 minutes before the M60 I ended up boarding did)....

Lower right hand corner? Those are the run numbers.

Yea those run numbers have been weird today cause usually I see mostly Manhattanvilles buses with 200s, 100s or even double or single digit run numbers. However while I was out today I saw that most routes had 500s, 400s or 300s. Does that mean they added more runs to those routes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, paulrivera said:

2:05- Best right turn of the vid. That B/O got the bus from the right turn right into the bus stop.

4:30- That B/O was acting like he was maneuvering a whole MCI or a Prevost. Jeez louise.

5:15- I'm reminded of how much I miss the old blue SBS blinking lights.

I thought I noticed that, but I figured I  was just imagining it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

@XBht26

 

There are interlines on the 25 and the 15 right?

(Video credit to Reggie)

Yeah. Might've pressed 1 instead of 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.