Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

37 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Just look at all that northbound service <_<

9Fxbl3F.gif

Another normal day of the week!

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Just look at all that northbound service <_<

9Fxbl3F.gif

This is why I rarely ever go to Gateway mall even though it's near my house. To get to that mall I have to take the B82 to the B83 or B42-B82-B83 or B17-B82-B83. I always get screwed waiting really long for ethier the B82 or B83 SMH.

--------------

Random thought, I was lucky enough to catch one of the few remaining GH XD60s on the BX12, I wasn't even looking for it was the first bus to show up.

Went up there to see how Fordam Road was holding after the riots and things seem pretty normal, there was closed stores though. Crazy how Jamaica Ave & Fordam shopping are as busy as they normally are while Midtown & 14th Street is still kinda dead.

One thing I thought was funny was that the MN Fordam station house was boarded up (but open).

Also I seen multiple buses in BK and the BX with "masks required" signs.

Edited by trainfan22

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

Went up there to see how Fordam Road was holding after the riots and things seem pretty normal, there was closed stores though. Crazy how Jamaica Ave & Fordam shopping are as busy as they normally are while Midtown & 14th Street is still kinda dead.

I wonder how W. 181st up in Manhattan's holding up, in terms of heavy pedestrian activity....

Yup, and with that said, I've noticed several b/o's bypassing people waiting at stops with no masks on, too....

1 hour ago, CenSin said:

Another normal day of the week!

If the supposed new normal is the same as the old normal when it comes to the BS with these bus routes, is it really the new normal... Lol.

Edited by B35 via Church

There are new programs. The B103 northbound now reads “CADMAN PLAZA” instead of “TILLARY ST” and the B1 apparently lost “via 86 ST”.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kriston Lewis said:

There are new programs. The B103 northbound now reads “CADMAN PLAZA” instead of “TILLARY ST” and the B1 apparently lost “via 86 ST”.

I think the B57 should have a code saying “Via Flushing Ave/Court St/Smith St” ....

2 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Saw an SIM33 and several Queens buses with that too, as well as a couple of B3s in Brooklyn. 

2 hours ago, B61In2002 said:

did anyone catch photos of that 2 train bus route? 

I didn't take any pictures of the thing.... All the destination signs say is "Subway Shuttle" anyway.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, A Former New Yorker said:

What were the details of the Summer pick and the next route to be converted to ariculated. I haven't been active for a while

The B1 was converted to articulated service. Such was to have happened for the spring pick, but COVID-19 meant continuous Sunday (and supplemental) service for a few months. As for the next route to be converted, I expect either the B15 or the B82 SBS, as East New York is being modified to handle articulated buses.

25 minutes ago, aemoreira81 said:

The B1 was converted to articulated service. Such was to have happened for the spring pick, but COVID-19 meant continuous Sunday (and supplemental) service for a few months. As for the next route to be converted, I expect either the B15 or the B82 SBS, as East New York is being modified to handle articulated buses.

Has there been any news regarding a new articulated bus order?

Since the MTA typically retires buses around the 15 year mark, and the oldest artic's in the system are around 10 years old, the TA won't have to order new artic's for a while.

The 1200s sound good but man the A/C units on those buses is horrid. They was like this when they ran on the M15 so it's not GH/KB maintenance as to why the A/C sucks on those buses. 1200s were a downgrade from the D60s in that regard.

The Express buses are filling up consistently now. I've noticed that on many of the buses, besides for the first two rows that are chained off, which gives 6 feet between BO and passengers, another 3 or 4 rows are often either roped off with tape or folded up. This was fine until now, but we need as.many rows opened as possible. No need for more than 2 rows to be chained off. plus, half the express BOs don't wear masks which is ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

I didn't take any pictures of the thing.... All the destination signs say is "Subway Shuttle" anyway.

ah ok. i thought they had a code for it already.

10 hours ago, B61In2002 said:

ah ok. i thought they had a code for it already.

They do, but not a lot of buses have been updated yet. Funny they even wrote a code given the s/b destination may shift soon.

The back door boarding for local routes won't be forever. 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Fare collection coming very soon. According to the press conference today collection of fares could resume in August at the earliest.  

Edited by Future ENY OP

This is great and all, but Isn't this something they wanted to do anyway - especially after the spikes in confrontations/assaults on b/o's.....

59 minutes ago, Calvin said:

I heard recently in one of MTA’s updates that OMNY should be installed on all buses by the end of the year.

2 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

I heard recently in one of MTA’s updates that OMNY should be installed on all buses by the end of the year.

Yep. If I remember correctly the timeline should be:

• December 2020 Subway and Buses are expected to be done throughout the city, except for the SIM23/24 
  • February 2021 Physical OMNY Card expected to begin sales at places like Walgreens, supermarkets (basically non-subway places you can buy a Metrocard now) which I think was supposed to coincide with the expansion of OMNY to Long Island Railroad and Metro North. Don’t know exactly how that would work. I would assume similar to London’s Oyster card system for their commuter railroads with the city
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

They do, but not a lot of buses have been updated yet. Funny they even wrote a code given the s/b destination may shift soon.

Shift to where?

7659, 7660, 7661 and 7662 are used on the B82-SBS. Still has the aqua blue paint. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Calvin said:

7659, 7660, 7661 and 7662 are used on the B82-SBS. Still has the aqua blue paint. 

So ENY got extra 4 buses for SBS. So Flatbush has 7615-7658 correct. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

So ENY got extra 4 buses for SBS. So Flatbush has 7615-7658 correct. 

#7659-#7684 those 4 units they recently  got is for the B82 SBS with increased  service this summer.

Edited by Ultimategamer12c
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jaf0519 said:

Yep. If I remember correctly the timeline should be:

• December 2020 Subway and Buses are expected to be done throughout the city, except for the SIM23/24 
  • February 2021 Physical OMNY Card expected to begin sales at places like Walgreens, supermarkets (basically non-subway places you can buy a Metrocard now) which I think was supposed to coincide with the expansion of OMNY to Long Island Railroad and Metro North. Don’t know exactly how that would work. I would assume similar to London’s Oyster card system for their commuter railroads with the city

wait, so MetroCards should be gone by 2022 right? I remember something like that being said.

side note, are there plans to create more Brooklyn - Manhattan overnight service/make the B99 permanent?