Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

1 minute ago, trainfan22 said:

Those 2005 Orions aged so well, rode one yesterday on the B17 and it had good A/C and good ride quality. 

With all these NGs from FLA getting transferred to ENY that very well could have been my last 2005 Orion ride on a ENY route. I love the diversity ENY has with various batches of XD40s and Orions, and their all great to ride.

How many 2004/05s remain in ENY? A bunch of NG Hybrids were sent to the depot from Fresh Pond and Flatbush. 10 to be exact.

Posted (edited)

I wonder if maintenance and mileage changed on the XD-60 4700 batch from being in two Bronx depots to 3 separate depots 

Edited by Calvin

31 minutes ago, Calvin said:

I wonder if maintenance and mileage changed on the XD-60 4700 batch from being in two Bronx depots to 3 separate depots 

The B1, B38, and Q12 were converted.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Seeing the signs going up for the M99. Via 6th Ave. Why anybody would need to go northbound to the 42nd St. Pier at midnight is beyond me, but they're doing it.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Seeing the signs going up for the M99. Via 6th Ave. Why anybody would need to go northbound to the 42nd St. Pier at midnight is beyond me, but they're doing it.

Looks like a convenient place to turn the bus around, and also extremely close to MJQ Depot. That said, I do agree as to why it doesn't just run with the B99 service...and there is still a gap in upper Manhattan.

10 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

As I brought up in an older post, I still think it has to do with the proximity of Quill.

Although I doubt it, interlining could have something to do with it too, who knows....

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

As I brought up in an older post, I still think it has to do with the proximity of Quill.

Although I doubt it, interlining could have something to do with it too, who knows....

Seeing how the B99 and M99 traveling on similar paths in Brooklyn and Downtown Manhattan there isn’t really too much interlining.  

However, it’s good to see the Overnight bus program is making its way to Manhattan and The Bronx. Is the start day on Sunday 8/2 or Wednesday 8/5? 

3 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Seeing how the B99 and M99 traveling on similar paths in Brooklyn and Downtown Manhattan there isn’t really too much interlining.  

However, it’s good to see the Overnight bus program is making its way to Manhattan and The Bronx. Is the start day on Sunday 8/2 or Wednesday 8/5? 

8/5

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Not with the B99 (which is out of Flatbush), with the M42.

Edited by B35 via Church
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 7/26/2020 at 4:40 PM, B35 via Church said:

Yep, and the lower the address number of a building on any crosstown street is, the closer it is to 5th av.

Easier to remember than the Manhattan Algorithm

• LMAO! 1

13 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

There's no interlining at all.

There would be if the routes were out of the same depot. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2020 at 12:07 AM, Trainmaster5 said:

I remember talking to a man from the GM Tarrytown plant years ago. He said that if GM made the perfect auto you would never need to buy another one.

The only bulletproof GM product is their Dextron II transmission fluid - makes every transmission run smoothly forever unless it's a GM transmission.

• LMAO! 2

Well, they always said they wanted to run the SBS like a subway...

DETOURS  Posted: 08/01/2020  4:13PM

Bx9, Bx12, Bx12-SBS, Bx17 and Bx22 buses are detoured because of a bus with mechanical problems in the road at Fordham Rd and Cambreleng Ave.

Northbound Bx9 buses will make stops as requested on Bedford Park Blvd and Webster Ave. 

Northbound Bx17 buses will make stops as requested on Crotona Ave and 187th St. 

2 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

There's no interlining at all.

There would be if the routes were out of the same depot. 

Loud and clear. 

I just saw 5992 in Rockaway out of service, probably running on the Q53-SBS. Arent NYCT buses not allowed to run on MTA bus routes or is it the other way around?

35 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

I just saw 5992 in Rockaway out of service, probably running on the Q53-SBS. Arent NYCT buses not allowed to run on MTA bus routes or is it the other way around?

They're being leased to MTA Bus and LaGuardia has been borrowing some 5900's from Stengel every summer for the past few years.

40 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

They can, with another exception to the bus model being close to retirement, such as the RTS and 6500-6600 Orion VII series. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

They're being leased to MTA Bus and LaGuardia has been borrowing some 5900's from Stengel every summer for the past few years.

Ok, but whats up with the local XD60's operating on the Q53-SBS lately?

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I’m pretty sure it’s the other way around. I don’t think the 35/36/37XXs, 4020-39, 4140-69, 4631-55, 7438-82 will ever be owned by NYCT. 

18 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

The SBS scheme is gonna (possibly) be phased out so now buses aren't coming in the light blue scheme.  

• LMAO! 1

23 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

3 minutes ago, Jdog14 said:

The SBS scheme is gonna (possibly) be phased out so now buses aren't coming in the light blue scheme.  

Not to mention there was something a while back about how they didn’t want to keep those MTABC buses in the SBS scheme just for the Q52/53, and they wanted to put them in the local scheme so they could run on any route if needed (i.e. the buses at JFK showing up on the Q10 and Q7, or the LGA buses showing up on routes like the Q33 and Q49 which have had an artic from the Q53 pop on due to some delays in Jackson Heights on several occasions)

1 hour ago, Jdog14 said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised.

The so-called Cuomo wrap is the new kid on the block... SBS scheme, step aside :lol:

• LMAO! 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Question to all: Which depot is in charge of BxM7 late night.. Eastchester or College Point

The overnight BxM7 is typically handled by Eastchester. However, there may be occasions where other depots join in. As far as the overnight service goes, in some places, it looks like a free-for-all in terms of depot assignments, as long as the trips are run.

As of recently, GH has been covering the late night Bx4 and Bx40 trips, which were typically covered by WF. Might be because they have their operators training for the Bx99, and they won't have enough to do that, and the Bx4/Bx40. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven
  • Upvote 2