BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Yankees4life said:

Those YouTubers are gonna stockpile on Red Bull now trying to catch them 😂🤣

I was going to take the B35 over to Rockaway, but I done got too comfortable... F**k it... Lol.

14 minutes ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

To whoever was asking before, the Bx99 seems to be an artic route. #1001 and #1050 are the first buses on the route from Woodlawn and SoHo, respectively.

Yep... and the next trips in each direction (waiting at the respective terminal) are also artics:

D4WJUkm.gif

13 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

Since when did that happen? Last time I heard it was out of East New York Depot

Sometime in the middle of July....

===================

Anyway,

1] XD40 #7611 on the move... first trip out of Brooklyn on the M99.

2] Lol..... wtf is up with this??? How are all four Bx99's in service right now in the Bronx already (screen shotted at 1:39am).....

IkT9o9Q.png

============

Edited by B35 via Church

33 minutes ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

You sure about that? #5784 is on the 39 right now, and that's a GH bus.

Yes, and #5783 is running on the 39 going to Wakefield as we speak. It just came off the Bx41.

The Bx39 is doing two overnight services.

The regular overnight service (Gun Hill Rd to 241 St.) and going back on the Bx41, which is run by GH.

and

The essential overnight service (Wakefield to Clasons Point), the full route, which is provided by WF.

On 8/2/2020 at 9:20 PM, Jdog14 said:

The SBS scheme is gonna (possibly) be phased out so now buses aren't coming in the light blue scheme.  

The SBS scheme is officially dead. All new buses will come in the local scheme. The XE60s are the last buses to have the SBS scheme

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

Is Gun Hill's artic fleet considered as a downgrade? Back then, they had the 1/2 the 2012 XD-60s batch brand new to be turned currrently to all Nova LFSAs that were formerly SBS units. 

The local fleet. The SBS fleet is a upgrade. 

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

Is Gun Hill's artic fleet considered as a downgrade? Back then, they had the 1/2 the 2012 XD-60s batch brand new to be turned currrently to all Nova LFSAs that were formerly SBS units. 

I don't know how that's an upgrade or a downgrade considering that they also have LFSAs from the same years as the XD60s.

Always wondered this but never cared enough to ask until now.. On the buses where the stop request sign is behind the driver, is there a notification specifically for the driver? I'd imagine it may be easy to tune out sometimes and not hear that stop request sound.

7 minutes ago, brakethrow said:

Always wondered this but never cared enough to ask until now.. On the buses where the stop request sign is behind the driver, is there a notification specifically for the driver? I'd imagine it may be easy to tune out sometimes and not hear that stop request sound.

There’s a little indicator near the wheel and the internal turn signals that lights up when someone hits the stop request sign. I’ve spotted it a few times when I’d stand near the front door.

1 hour ago, brakethrow said:

Haha, it'd be so dangerous to have to look up for a split second to determine whether you pull into or bypass the stop.

On 8/4/2020 at 8:37 AM, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Does this mean that SBS itself may be phased out?

With OMNY and all-door boarding, there may be no need for Select Bus Service down the line since the OMNY device can be used at every door. The SBS wrap should be replaced with the regular livery. The blue sign can remain or Select can revert to Limited.

What would be interesting is if the LFSAs with luggage racks may get a special livery similar to what 6274-6286 have.

Also, where does the Bx99 go to turn around? Do buses have to go all the way up to McLean Avenue in Yonkers to relay?

11 minutes ago, aemoreira81 said:

With OMNY and all-door boarding, there may be no need for Select Bus Service down the line since the OMNY device can be used at every door. The SBS wrap should be replaced with the regular livery. The blue sign can remain or Select can revert to Limited.

What would be interesting is if the LFSAs with luggage racks may get a special livery similar to what 6274-6286 have.

If that were the case, I’d say keep 5444-5467 in the light blue scheme (and remove the words “+selectbusservice) for M60 service while every other bus gets the local livery.