Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Question to all: Which depot is in charge of BxM7 late night.. Eastchester or College Point

Don't know about in charge per se, but I've seen Eastchester & College Point buses on the BxM7 during the few times I've been 'fanning the B99 to get to Manhattan....

Edited by B35 via Church

On 8/2/2020 at 9:20 PM, Jdog14 said:

The SBS scheme is gonna (possibly) be phased out so now buses aren't coming in the light blue scheme.  

Does this mean that SBS itself may be phased out?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Does this mean that SBS itself may be phased out?

Potentially. The whole point of SBS and IMO, the main selling point was the off board fare payment (save S79 which was botched 😒) which probably saved the most time. With OMNY, back door boarding can be a thing but enforcement is the other big issue which easily eats up any revenue the MTA gained. And with the OMNY readers, there's almost no point in maintaining on the street machines which require people to refill the ticket paper, routine maintenance and emptying out coins.

Edited by danielhg121

1 hour ago, WestFarms36 said:

808 out of JG involved in a Fire last night apparently. The fire seemed very substantial.

Was anyone injured??

On 7/27/2020 at 5:35 PM, Calvin said:

Yonkers has the Prevost #23 and has version 2 screens on-board left and right (more than one). Seen images that's on the BxM11 with quote "Masks Required"  

Yep, they have 4 half screen Vianova screens. 

That's what the 40ft Xcelsiors with the slanted AC ceiling mount should've had; a half screen behind the driver on the GPS box, and a full one on the roof just ahead of the rear door. 

I wonder if with OMNY, if they'll eliminate SBS and limited all together, and call routes local and express to stay in sync with the subways. 

S40 LOCAL 

S90 EXPRESS 

B6 LOCAL 

B6 LIMITED 

Bx12 LOCAL 

Bx12 EXPRESS 

Besides...borough redesigns are happening now, perfect time for a fresh makeover.

42 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I wonder if with OMNY, if they'll eliminate SBS and limited all together, and call routes local and express to stay in sync with the subways. 

S40 LOCAL 

S90 EXPRESS 

B6 LOCAL 

B6 LIMITED 

Bx12 LOCAL 

Bx12 EXPRESS 

Besides...borough redesigns are happening now, perfect time for a fresh makeover.

Nah, that would be confused with the express buses that's run with coach buses. They could just rename every LIMITED designated route to SELECT, under the guise that it makes SELECT stops. LIMITED...SELECT, mean the same thing when everyone has OMNY back door boarding and the same stop pattern.

9 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Bx99 and M99 are now appearing on MTA Bustine. First run is later 2nite. 

Those YouTubers are gonna stockpile on Red Bull now trying to catch them 😂🤣

• LMAO! 1

Don't know if anyone already knew this but the Bx39 isn't split with Gun Hill as an overnight route. Its midnight hours is covered at West Farms. 

4 hours ago, Yankees4life said:

Those YouTubers are gonna stockpile on Red Bull now trying to catch them 😂🤣

I was going to take the B35 over to Rockaway, but I done got too comfortable... F**k it... Lol.

14 minutes ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

To whoever was asking before, the Bx99 seems to be an artic route. #1001 and #1050 are the first buses on the route from Woodlawn and SoHo, respectively.

Yep... and the next trips in each direction (waiting at the respective terminal) are also artics:

D4WJUkm.gif

Ok I don’t know if East New York depot lost the M99 but 4115 is running right now to East New York 

3 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

Ok I don’t know if East New York depot lost the M99 but 4115 is running right now to East New York 

M99 is out of Quill.

3 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

That's a Quill route.

1 minute ago, Lex said:

That's a Quill route.

Since when did that happen? Last time I heard it was out of East New York Depot

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

Since when did that happen? Last time I heard it was out of East New York Depot

Sometime in the middle of July....

===================

Anyway,

1] XD40 #7611 on the move... first trip out of Brooklyn on the M99.

2] Lol..... wtf is up with this??? How are all four Bx99's in service right now in the Bronx already (screen shotted at 1:39am).....

IkT9o9Q.png

============

Edited by B35 via Church

28 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Don't know if anyone already knew this but the Bx39 isn't split with Gun Hill as an overnight route. Its midnight hours is covered at West Farms. 

You sure about that? #5784 is on the 39 right now, and that's a GH bus.

33 minutes ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

You sure about that? #5784 is on the 39 right now, and that's a GH bus.

Yes, and #5783 is running on the 39 going to Wakefield as we speak. It just came off the Bx41.

The Bx39 is doing two overnight services.

The regular overnight service (Gun Hill Rd to 241 St.) and going back on the Bx41, which is run by GH.

and

The essential overnight service (Wakefield to Clasons Point), the full route, which is provided by WF.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 9:20 PM, Jdog14 said:

The SBS scheme is gonna (possibly) be phased out so now buses aren't coming in the light blue scheme.  

The SBS scheme is officially dead. All new buses will come in the local scheme. The XE60s are the last buses to have the SBS scheme

The drivers who operate the XD60s on the B38 are some of the best artic operators I've seen. Wow they move them buses around those blocks and through all the obstructions on the road. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

The drivers who operate the XD60s on the B38 are some of the best artic operators I've seen. Wow they move them buses around those blocks and through all the obstructions on the road. 

Muscle memory.

Is Gun Hill's artic fleet considered as a downgrade? Back then, they had the 1/2 the 2012 XD-60s batch brand new to be turned currrently to all Nova LFSAs that were formerly SBS units.