BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

57 minutes ago, aemoreira81 said:

RE: the B99 and M99---is there a reason why this route can't be split overnight between Brooklyn (FLA B99, ENY M99) and Quill? It seems like a long deadhead from East New York back to MJQ depot, or from MJQ to New Lots, and likely the same for FLA from Manhattan.

Maybe the runs start in the boroughs the depots are in (could be wrong tho)

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently, they still got (some) M99's running with the friggin "SUBWAY SHUTTLE" signage.... Both M99's I took & another one I saw whilst on the B99 coming back home, had Subway Shuttle shown... Only 1 out of the 4 M99's I saw tonight had the actual M99 (East New York) signage up....

....speaking of that aforementioned B99 trip, thanks to a garbage truck that broke down at 34th/9th, it took 7th all the way from 34th on down (to the regular route, which would be at 14th)....

Edited by B35 via Church

5 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Apparently, they still got (some) M99's running with the friggin "SUBWAY SHUTTLE" signage.... Both M99's I took & another one I saw whilst on the B99 coming back home, had Subway Shuttle shown... Only 1 out of the 4 M99's I saw tonight had the actual M99 (East New York) signage up....

....speaking of that aforementioned B99 trip, thanks to a garbage truck that broke down at 34th/9th, it took 7th all the way from 34th on down (to the regular route, which would be at 14th)....

It’s surprising, but they don’t have all of the buses programmed yet. Between the new shower curtains and the Rosie Perez announcements, they’ve got their hands full. lol

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

A rare sight (well to me at least) two Staten Island MCI's back to back, as we all know, Prevosts dominate the SI express fleet with an iron fist so it was pretty cool to see two MCI's back to back...

4sjD94Q.jpg

Cool pictures!👍 Seems like a rare sight, indeed. I remember seeing two NG Hybrids in a row on the B45 (#4544 & #4548) back when they weren’t as common on the route.

3 hours ago, Calvin said:

"Fare Required" reading is being installed on all bus routes with the "Keep A  Social Distance to the bus op" yellow sticker in preparation for the 31st, Monday. 

Good luck with that keep distance sticker on the B46 B41 B68 and B35

14 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Crazy how popular the B25 and Q56 are, given that they parallel subway routes their whole route. They was popular even before the pandemic.

You never seen the more duplicating Bx1/2 then. Nearly packed for most of the corridor.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

42 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

You never seen the more duplicating Bx1/2 then. Nearly packed for most of the corridor.

I guess you could also say the same for the B68 bus (it serves an area nearby the (B) (Q) and (F)). I’ve ridden the route a few times and they are sure as hell crowded.

1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

I've ridden the BX1/2 plenty of times, whenever I think of routes that duplicate subway lines the B25 and Q56 first come to mind as I live in BK and is around those routes more often than the BX1/2. 

8 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

6552 was converted to diesel. I do not know why they would convert a bus that is close to retirement. Maybe to preserve it...?

Speaking of diesel, whatever happened to 3563? There were mixed replys to either at Zerega or retired. 

1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

6552 was converted to diesel. I do not know why they would convert a bus that is close to retirement. Maybe to preserve it...?

New mobile Command Center bus? The current one is an old RTS with an series 92 engine. Perhaps they want to replace it with something newer and cleaner emissions? I do NOT want that RTS replaced I'm just speculating...

Then again IDK if it's possible to convert LF buses for such usage as they have less space in the interior than HF buses. With OMNY on the way I assume that Metrocard buses would be obsolete once metrocards are phased out for good. So it can't be an metrocard bus it's being converted too.