BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brooklyn borough has a lot of buses needed from the lines affected: (L) Bway Junction to Rock Pkwy, (J)(M) between Essex St and Hewes St, and the (2) over Nostrand Av. Result on how you're seeing Staten Island Novas on the B68. Staten Island has spares with the 15-30 min headways on their local routes except the S53 and S79 even though they have buses between St. George and Grasmere. 

Edited by Calvin

28 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Brooklyn borough has a lot of buses needed from the lines affected: (L) Bway Junction to Rock Pkwy, (J)(M) between Essex St and Hewes St, and the (2) over Nostrand Av. Result on how you're seeing Staten Island Novas on the B68. Staten Island has spares with the 15-30 min headways on their local routes except the S53 and S79 even though they have buses between St. George and Grasmere. 

....there are no (J)(M) shuttles.

Edited by Cait Sith

What's the (assumed) probability of those 2018 LFSAs staying? (The ones that got moved to the Bx).

I know they got the SBS white writing removed from the sides and KB/GH stickers, which is why I'm asking.

Edited by NBTA

1 hour ago, NBTA said:

What's the (assumed) probability of those 2018 LFSAs staying? (The ones that got moved to the Bx).

I know they got the SBS white writing removed from the sides and KB/GH stickers, which is why I'm asking.

They’re most likely staying. Even some 5400’s at Gun Hill are getting their SBS branding removed while keeping the sky blue bottom intact like on the Kingsbridge 5500’s.

- To the CP driver on the Q65 I had early this morning that was playing some Michael Jackson ("Scream", to be exact), I tip my cap to you, sir B-)

- To the FLA driver I had on the B99 that let everyone at Church av on for free, Thanks. (I'm beginning to think @Deucey is right with that >10 min. late bit he mentioned.... There should not be TWO B99's arriving at Church av at damn 5 mins. after 3am)

- Quite a sight during the wee hours of the morning to have a SB Q44, Q25, and a Q20a arrive at Main st back to back to back like that, that early in the morning.... The aforementioned Q65 I took to Hillside, arrived about 3-4 mins. after all that.

- So it is possible for a Q24 op' to do the full route in under an hour :lol:

- Funny how I saw the same Q32 powered off/on layover at 82nd/Northern, as I was on the Q66... I basically took the Q32 from the last stop in Manhattan to the first stop in Queens.... Had I taken the Q32 to Northern, god knows how long I'd have been standing out there waiting for that shit... LMAO... What was also funny, was that 3 of the people that got on the Q66 I took, were on the Q32 when I boarded it in Manhattan.... Long story short, it was only a 5 min. wait between the time I got off the Q32 at QBP & the time the Q66 pulled out...

5Zynk1v.gif

Wellp, they're gonna be disinfecting XD40 #7653 (Flatbush) for more than covid, when that bus gets back to the depot :angry::(.... Some dude commences throwing up right behind the f**king seat behind me (I was sitting in the last single seat on the left side of the bus, before the back section).... Luckily I got up, the microsecond I heard the sound of hurling... Got nothing on me, which is good.

On a lighter note (somewhat), just where is the first stop of the NB Bx99, because it's not at Spring/Hudson....

8 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

- To the CP driver on the Q65 I had early this morning that was playing some Michael Jackson ("Scream", to be exact), I tip my cap to you, sir B-)

- To the FLA driver I had on the B99 that let everyone at Church av on for free, Thanks. (I'm beginning to think @Deucey is right with that >10 min. late bit he mentioned.... There should not be TWO B99's arriving at Church av at damn 5 mins. after 3am)

- Quite a sight during the wee hours of the morning to have a SB Q44, Q25, and a Q20a arrive at Main st back to back to back like that, that early in the morning.... The aforementioned Q65 I took to Hillside, arrived about 3-4 mins. after all that.

- So it is possible for a Q24 op' to do the full route in under an hour :lol:

- Funny how I saw the same Q32 powered off/on layover at 82nd/Northern, as I was on the Q66... I basically took the Q32 from the last stop in Manhattan to the first stop in Queens.... Had I taken the Q32 to Northern, god knows how long I'd have been standing out there waiting for that shit... LMAO... What was also funny, was that 3 of the people that got on the Q66 I took, were on the Q32 when I boarded it in Manhattan.... Long story short, it was only a 5 min. wait between the time I got off the Q32 at QBP & the time the Q66 pulled out...

5Zynk1v.gif

That had to be an experienced East New York op who knows that route inside out. 

31 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

That had to be an experienced East New York op who knows that route inside out. 

Wouldn't doubt it, fam... 6:03 - 6:52am yesterday morning & the bus wasn't exactly empty, either - had a decent amt. of passenger activity throughout the trip (although to my surprise, I was expecting a little more usage along Broadway... I know it was relatively early, but still)...

* side note... smh at 5 SBS'/artics on layover along Dekalb av... At least I didn't have to wait too long for one of them B46's to go in service.

Yesterday, the (2) shuttle was covered by MJQ, Bronx and Queens depots, even ECH and CP. The (L) shuttle was entirely covered by ENY buses sunday evening and had much less service compared to Saturday where every BK depot had buses on the shuttle and buses lined up down the block. 

Edited by trainfan22

2 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Yesterday, the (2) shuttle was covered by MJQ, Bronx and Queens depots, even ECH and CP. The (L) shuttle was entirely covered by ENY buses sunday evening and had much less service compared to Saturday where every BK depot had buses on the shuttle and buses lined up down the block. 

MHV had a bus on the (2) shuttle yesterday. Seen it deadhead via the Manhattan Bridge into Downtown Brooklyn. 

4 minutes ago, ViaWaterViaChurch said:

Thanks. You used to be able to view the run sheets on CPs website through some googling but it looks like they’re gone or I just am not getting as lucky with my searches anymore. 

I'm sure some depots have moved to take steps to lock them from view from the public. The paddles used to be easy to view on BusTrek, which I was shocked to learn. The only thing that stopped that was some idiot posted on Twitter and took a screen shot of a bus he was complaining about using BusTrek. Smh

@EastFlatbushLarry I'm wondering if the union knew this before? All of the paddles were accessible before on BusTrek. Anyone could just use BusTrek and see them. lol 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

8 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I'm sure some depots have moved to take steps to lock them from view from the public. The paddles used to be easy to view on BusTrek, which I was shocked to learn. The only thing that stopped that was some idiot posted on Twitter and took a screen shot of a bus he was complaining about using BusTrek. Smh

@EastFlatbushLarry I'm wondering if the union knew this before? All of the paddles were accessible before on BusTrek. Anyone could just use BusTrek and see them. lol 

as far as I've heard, local 100 (all sides) had been bitching to management about the lack of privacy, exposing B/O's full run paddles... myself being one of them. i wrote a simple inquiry as to what were they hoping to accomplish by potentially putting B/O's in harms way (the general public being more savvy than one may assume)

what i currently know is that they're not available online, and depots like CP, BP & LG have taken further steps to encrypt their online pick run boards which used to be accessible to the general public. I'd have to ask around to find out for absolute certain if there are any other avenues where run work could potentially float into the wrong hands 

2 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

as far as I've heard, local 100 (all sides) had been bitching to management about the lack of privacy, exposing B/O's full run paddles... myself being one of them. i wrote a simple inquiry as to what were they hoping to accomplish by potentially putting B/O's in harms way (the general public being more savvy than one may assume)

what i currently know is that they're not available online, and depots like CP, BP & LG have taken further steps to encrypt their online pick run boards which used to be accessible to the general public. I'd have to ask around to find out for absolute certain if there are any other avenues where run work could potentially float into the wrong hands 

Not something the public should be able to see... That's what bus schedules are for... Bus operators and dispatchers can only pull those up as needed (I usually print mine at home every pick)

But how are regular people getting access to BusTrek? Isn't that for the dispatchers??