BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

Took the Q103 today from the first Stop (Astoria/2nd Street) all the way down to the last stop (Vernon Blvd/Borden Avenue). Even with a detour, I reached LIC a lot faster than I was expecting today

How many people got off at the Costco's? How many people got on at the Costco's? How many people got on between the projects (Astoria) & the Costco's (not inclusive)?

The Q103 from end to end is usually a breeze anyway - Bonus points if much of nobody gets off for the (F) !

14 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Not sure how long they done this but, with the Shuttle buses at Atlantic Av-Barclays: there is a line to get on to the bus. When the bus is nearly full, they let the bus op know to close the doors so the next bus can enter the stop. 

Let's just say that passengers are lucky that there's a "they", there.

How often do you really see dispatchers or whatever at terminal locations otherwise....

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

How many people got off at the Costco's? How many people got on at the Costco's? How many people got on between the projects (Astoria) & the Costco's (not inclusive)?

The Q103 from end to end is usually a breeze anyway - Bonus points if much of nobody gets off for the (F) !

The bus was detoured away from Costco (saw some NYPD Vehicles so I assume something happened) but only 1 person got on near it. The whole ride, it was just 2-5 people (not including the operator)

Some of the routes in that part of Queens can be like that; there's two in particular out of Queens Plaza that come to mind- the Q67 and the Q39.  Back in the day the 67 was reasonably fast if you were traveling from say Middle Village to LIC or vice-versa, better than the Queens Blvd subway lines to be honest.  Didn't ride the 39 too often, but it was similar- RTSes just gliding through green lights in semi-deserted industrial areas. 

1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

It appears 9560 is in the city.

It is. I saw it over a week ago (Friday, 10/16 to be exact) outside parked at the Conduit Avenue entrance ramp near the Lefferts Blvd AirTrain Station. I was on the B15 when I saw it. Instead of getting off at the station, I stayed on to go by the facility at JFK to see if there was other new buses, but there were none. I stayed on the B15 until the last stop, got off and took the AirTrain back to Lefferts Blvd and surprise 9560 was still there. As I got off the train and walked towards where the bus was parked, 9560 turned on and drove off on the highway. I never saw a bus drove away that fast. I felt like Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner from the “Looney Tunes” cartoons. LOL. Hopefully I’ll get to see it again before it gets assigned to a Depot.

On 10/24/2020 at 6:34 AM, NBTA said:

Well, it seems like they are pushing the Next Gens to various boroughs. Those 38/39XXs are going to Queens along with the XDEs, and everything in the Bronx is being pushed down to Brooklyn. The Bronx and Manhattan are getting LFS HEVs. But still, unpredictability, stuff can change in a heartbeat (i.e Manhattan getting XDEs {I think they are supposed to anyway}).

i thought you said that there isnt a list of assignments

22 minutes ago, Shawn Williams said:

i thought you said that there isnt a list of assignments

There isn't, that's assumed off of the moves that's been happening, and currently the XDEs are in Brooklyn, so you can only assume once again.

25 minutes ago, NBTA said:

There isn't, that's assumed off of the moves that's been happening, and currently the XDEs are in Brooklyn, so you can only assume once again.

my apology on that. a scale to 1 to 10 that East New York would get both hybrids and NFI XDEs and Michael J quill/tuskegee airmen getting NFI XDE and Hybrids

13 minutes ago, Shawn Williams said:

my apology on that. a scale to 1 to 10 that East New York would get both hybrids and NFI XDEs and Michael J quill/tuskegee airmen getting NFI XDE and Hybrids

Honestly I can see the XDE’s going to Brooklyn and the Nova hev to Manhattan and Bronx. Also there might be a possibility that Manhattanville Depot can get both Xcelsiors and Nova hybrids and shift those hybrids and 2008 Orion VIIs to other depots like JFK, LaGuardia or Quill

42 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

Honestly I can see the XDE’s going to Brooklyn and the Nova hev to Manhattan and Bronx. Also there might be a possibility that Manhattanville Depot can get both Xcelsiors and Nova hybrids and shift those hybrids and 2008 Orion VIIs to other depots like JFK, LaGuardia or Quill

well howcome no HEVs for Queens village or for East new York. im pretty sure both of those depots have 06/07 Ogs so they're gonna need some, another thing is East New York lost a good chuck of their 05 Ogs, same goes for fresh pond. were just gonna have to wait for these assignment for these buses