Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

6 minutes ago, NBTA said:

If so then that's a huge jump, 9510, skipping everything in between just to go to 9560.

BAE Systems units are probably being delivered first since 9510-9559 are Allison.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NBTA said:

If so then that's a huge jump, 9510, skipping everything in between just to go to 9560.

9510 and 9560 are the two pilot units. 9510-9559 are Allison and 9560-9619 are BAE.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

9510 and 9560 are the two pilot units. 9510-9559 are Allison and 9560-9619 are BAE.

Ah okay.

On 10/24/2020 at 6:34 AM, NBTA said:

Well, it seems like they are pushing the Next Gens to various boroughs. Those 38/39XXs are going to Queens along with the XDEs, and everything in the Bronx is being pushed down to Brooklyn. The Bronx and Manhattan are getting LFS HEVs. But still, unpredictability, stuff can change in a heartbeat (i.e Manhattan getting XDEs {I think they are supposed to anyway}).

i thought you said that there isnt a list of assignments

22 minutes ago, Shawn Williams said:

i thought you said that there isnt a list of assignments

There isn't, that's assumed off of the moves that's been happening, and currently the XDEs are in Brooklyn, so you can only assume once again.

25 minutes ago, NBTA said:

There isn't, that's assumed off of the moves that's been happening, and currently the XDEs are in Brooklyn, so you can only assume once again.

my apology on that. a scale to 1 to 10 that East New York would get both hybrids and NFI XDEs and Michael J quill/tuskegee airmen getting NFI XDE and Hybrids

Hale and MTV gotta get an piece of this XDE/LFS HEV pie IMO. The vast majority of Hale's 40FT buses are 12+ years old and those 66/6700s are next up for retirement.

13 minutes ago, Shawn Williams said:

my apology on that. a scale to 1 to 10 that East New York would get both hybrids and NFI XDEs and Michael J quill/tuskegee airmen getting NFI XDE and Hybrids

Honestly I can see the XDE’s going to Brooklyn and the Nova hev to Manhattan and Bronx. Also there might be a possibility that Manhattanville Depot can get both Xcelsiors and Nova hybrids and shift those hybrids and 2008 Orion VIIs to other depots like JFK, LaGuardia or Quill

42 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

Honestly I can see the XDE’s going to Brooklyn and the Nova hev to Manhattan and Bronx. Also there might be a possibility that Manhattanville Depot can get both Xcelsiors and Nova hybrids and shift those hybrids and 2008 Orion VIIs to other depots like JFK, LaGuardia or Quill

well howcome no HEVs for Queens village or for East new York. im pretty sure both of those depots have 06/07 Ogs so they're gonna need some, another thing is East New York lost a good chuck of their 05 Ogs, same goes for fresh pond. were just gonna have to wait for these assignment for these buses

57 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Hale and MTV gotta get an piece of this XDE/LFS HEV pie IMO. The vast majority of Hale's 40FT buses are 12+ years old and those 66/6700s are next up for retirement.

cool

22 minutes ago, Shawn Williams said:

well howcome no HEVs for Queens village or for East new York. im pretty sure both of those depots have 06/07 Ogs so they're gonna need some, another thing is East New York lost a good chuck of their 05 Ogs, same goes for fresh pond. were just gonna have to wait for these assignment for these buses

First off no assignments have been established for any model. I think it’s best to wait and see instead of speculating. The more you speculate the more you look like an ________. and I will leave it there.  Let’s all be mindful. This is the (MTA) we are dealing with. 

1 hour ago, Shawn Williams said:

Queens village just got the 2019 LFS though..

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Shawn Williams said:

and they gonna need the hybrids to kill off the 6800/6900 orions

That's in a year or so, and even so, it might be more novas anyway.

2 hours ago, Shawn Williams said:

and they gonna need the hybrids to kill off the 6800/6900 orions

They don't necessarily need hybrids to kill off their batch of Orion VII OG's. If anything I can see Queens Village getting more LFS's from another depot until its time for the Orion VII NG's to retire. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Decals don't necessarily mean they are transfers. We've seen them slap decals on buses one day and get sent back the next.

A Quill speciality. Incredibly uncommon to see a bus run out of Quill or ENY with the wrong decals. 

Reminds me, did anybody ever got a shot of 8795 wearing the MJQ logos during its brief, brief stint there a few years back? I remember seeing it on the M8...

• Upvote 1

I just got through checking bustime... See that "Vehicle 19" is on the Q59... Had to stop & think, wtf is vehicle 19... Then the electric buses came to mind....

Why don't they just put 0019... "Vehicle 19" makes it sound like Girl 6 or Johnny 5 or something.

• LMAO! 1

Did FP used the 2006-07 Old Gens back then? Or was it just a few as loaners

6 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Did FP used the 2006-07 Old Gens back then? Or was it just a few as loaners

I believe they briefly had 6737-6739. Check one of the archive rosters. 

12 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I believe they briefly had 6737-6739. Check one of the archive rosters. 

When was that? I thought those were Amsterdam-Quill buses through and through.

24 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

When was that? I thought those were Amsterdam-Quill buses through and through.

50542698892_1888e37aae_c.jpg

Historical Roster from Fresh Pond. Circa 2006/2007. They were briefly at Fresh Pond before moving to Amsterdam & MQ.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

50542698892_1888e37aae_c.jpg

Historical Roster from Fresh Pond. Circa 2006/2007. They were briefly at Fresh Pond before moving to Amsterdam & MQ.  

Who knew! I have no recollection of that, but I guess I wasn't paying attention to the OGs then. Too many RTSes to care about. Those buses must have been just about brand new then. 

• LMAO! 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Who knew! I have no recollection of that, but I guess I wasn't paying attention to the OGs then. Too many RTSes to care about. Those buses must have been just about brand new then. 

Everyone loved almost every RTS, didn't matter what year or model it was. Lmao

Just now, NBTA said:

Everyone loved almost every RTS, didn't matter what year or model it was. Lmao

I wouldn’t speak for everyone....

• Thanks 1