BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve been seeing a handful of 2012/13 XD60s on the B38 with exposed Gun Hill decals. They’re also 2007 Orions at Queens Village with Casey Stengel decals that are visible. Seems like the logos peel off faster when they don’t remove the logo underneath.

Edited by Snorunts

6707 had an Amsterdam sticker for the longest until it got repainted. 6659 had an MCH sticker for ages, which was funny since the bus was never at MCH, just did a little press event for the opening there. Manhattanville is famously slow when it comes to stickers. Of all the RTS loaners over the years post-2010, it was only 5064 that ever got a sticker. And some of those buses (like 9574) were there for months.

37 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

6707 had an Amsterdam sticker for the longest until it got repainted. 6659 had an MCH sticker for ages, which was funny since the bus was never at MCH, just did a little press event for the opening there. Manhattanville is famously slow when it comes to stickers. Of all the RTS loaners over the years post-2010, it was only 5064 that ever got a sticker. And some of those buses (like 9574) were there for months.

These things are so non-important in the overall scheme of things, and so they get to them whenever. The primary focus is always making service. Everything else is secondary.  I'd rather have a clean bus than some sticker.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

31 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

These things are so non-important in the overall scheme of things, and so they get to them whenever. The primary focus is always making service. Everything else is secondary.  I'd rather have a clean bus than some sticker.

Nobody disagrees.

4 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Whats up with the local artics on the Q52/53 recently? I barely see SBS XD60's on the line anymore.

The SBS scheme was ditched for the 6200s at LaGuardia and JFK (although it was given to the Xcelsiors on the Q70). JFK doesn’t have any of the older Xcelsiors and Laguardia has 13 of them left.

Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382

5 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Of course it isn't.

But, this is an enthusiast's forum after all.

42 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

I totally forgot the B9 has Ulmer pieces on it nowadays... Was not expecting to run into 4888 on the line.

Didn't one of the Bronx routes also use to do that? I forget which one it was, but one depot would do the day time run and another depot would do the night time run.

18 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Didn't one of the Bronx routes also use to do that? I forget which one it was, but one depot would do the day time run and another depot would do the night time run.

BX39/BX41, the Bx15 used to be like that at one point I believe.

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

I totally forgot the B9 has Ulmer pieces on it nowadays... Was not expecting to run into 4888 on the line.

Regular pieces? Not school trippers?

25 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

Wait until Cuomo's out of office and they'll probably go back to the good ol' white bus with a blue stripe.

Imagine? I'm so used to the scheme now, an XN40 with the old scheme would look extremely weird.

13 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Gun Hill has a late night component on the Bx39. No loan on this one.

It was not a late night component. This was around 10pm at night and it went down to Clasons Point and back to Wakefield. I know because I was on that bus; I got on it on Morris Park Avenue heading down. If it was a late night component, it would have ended at Gun Hill Road and turn back into a Bx41. I know that there were missing buses on the Bx39 because not that many buses were appearing on BusTime. That’s probably was the case why 1265 was running on the Bx39.

Edited by Mpn4179

3 hours ago, paulrivera said:

Wait until Cuomo's out of office and they'll probably go back to the good ol' white bus with a blue stripe.

2 hours ago, NBTA said:

Imagine? I'm so used to the scheme now, an XN40 with the old scheme would look extremely weird.

Would love to see the MTA go back to the no-frills white with blue stripe.  I can't stand the Cuomo scheme.