BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see...

-B83 to FranklinAv-Fulton St

-B26 to Fulton Landing to replace B25

-B25 gone

-B69 to Jay St-Metrotech, all times full route, weekends Park Slope to Grand Army Plz only

-B46 to Woodhull Hospital

-B47 to Williamsburg

-B12 LTD

-B49 replaced B48

-B48 gone

Good sir, do you realize what peoples reactions would be if this happened ;)

Let's see...

-B83 to FranklinAv-Fulton St

-B26 to Fulton Landing to replace B25

-B25 gone

-B69 to Jay St-Metrotech, all times full route, weekends Park Slope to Grand Army Plz only

-B46 to Woodhull Hospital

-B47 to Williamsburg

-B12 LTD

-B49 replaced B48

-B48 gone

Good sir, do you realize what peoples reactions would be if this happened ;)

"Well Mr. (MTA), we know you are only doing this with good intentions, so we will work with the alternatives we have" :P

Yeah, you got all of them... except for the B54/Q55 merger :cool: Also, just to clarify, the B67 is axed, the B69 is extended to the same place where the B62 (and the B57 before it was extended) terminate. All the old B67 trips (meaning every other bus on weekdays and all buses on weekends) terminate at Grand Army Plaza.

I swear, I will accept full responsibility if the (MTA) uses these ideas as service cuts. I will personally see to it that every man, woman, and child affected goes on their way, and help every potential commuter along those routes as well :P

Also, at first, that small section was the only part of the the Brooklyn Bus Map from July 2010 onwards I found online that I could edit (As you know, the PDF files the (MTA) posts on their website can't be edited.) If someone could post the entire July 2011 bus map online as an image where I could save it and edit it...

Anyway, I found a July 2010 Downtown Brooklyn inset map after lots of searching, I guess I'll fool around with that. If I have nothing else to do, of course.

EDIT: The quality of that map is pretty bad. Darn it.

EDIT EDIT: Not even gonna work on it.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Found a somewhat better Downtown Brooklyn map on Second Avenue Sagas. And I'm not gonna make any more edits :D

Edited by Mysterious2train

There is a way to make the MTA map editable, but I can't reveal it. Also it's not ideal as all text/numbers become unformatted spaced line-drawings of characters and the file is over 10x bigger.

What are you talking about? Just save the pdf and open it in inkscape...

You know,I always had an idea to combone the B54/Q55 and make it into a SBS (before that, limited) for the longest ;)

Also, spotted 6814 (or 6816, forgot the #) with the new decal...problem is that it has the same scheme as 6742 & 6792

To top it all off, I'm on the (L) bus (totally forgot about it) and we only got half a block freom Lorimer before being stalled cuz somneone got hit by a car

To top it all off, I'm on the (L) bus (totally forgot about it) and we only got half a block freom Lorimer before being stalled cuz somneone got hit by a car

That's it? I was stuck on the downtown (2) local shuttle bus for 1 hour and 30 Min!

It was also a NG that smelled strongly of weed! :eek:

That's it? I was stuck on the downtown (2) local shuttle bus for 1 hour and 30 Min!

It was also a NG that smelled strongly of weed! :eek:

That's really nothing...how far was you from after you initially got on?

Besides, the longest I was even stuck on a bus was during the last blizzard. I was on the Q67 comming from work (the bus was a hybrid so that made it worse smh) and we got around the corner drom "Death Hill" (if you ride the Q67 westbound, you'll know what it is) and stopped cuz there was a truck stuck ahead of us at the bottom of the hill...eventually we got snowed in. We tried diggine it out and we made it move...for about 20'

Usual time on the Q67: 25-30 mins

Time stuck on bus: 3 hours

Usual commute time: 1 hour, 10 mins (50 if I caught the 11:50 B26)

Blizzard commute time: 7 hours

Is it me or does ECH not give a flying truck about its local RTS fleet? I saw some of their RTS yesterday and they looked like shit (large rear panel gap, open gas cap) and half of them were labeled as MTA New York City Bus.

Why should they? Those buses are old and will retire soon.

There's still Orion Vs at Gleason

Can't believe I didn't notice this earlier. The Orion Vs are boss :cool:

What are you talking about? Just save the pdf and open it in inkscape...

I'm one of those noobs who still uses MS Paint

If it makes you feel any better, my map-editing has gotten better ;)

You know, I always had an idea to combine the B54/Q55 and make it into a SBS (before that, limited) for the longest B)

:eek:

fail.jpg

Is that some kind of record? :)

Is it me or does ECH not give a flying truck about its local RTS fleet? I saw some of their RTS yesterday and they looked like shit (large rear panel gap, open gas cap) and half of them were labeled as MTA New York City Bus.

Some of those RTS you saw are on the line for scrap. There are other ones that ECH uses for service & they're decently taken care of.

It seems like the (MTA) is having alot of disastrously, Secret sinful plans to eliminate all these routes. As long as they don't cut the Q38, then i'm happy.

IMO The (MTA) should extend the Q59 from its terminal, and make it go down Junction Blvd and go to LeFrak City via the Q38. That would then make an option for LeFrak city residents and other people around there to have better access to the (J) train in brooklyn... and... wherever the Q59 goes ;).

Cut, Cut, Cut is all the (MTA) thinks about nowadays. Can't they just try thinking of at least extending some or even change the routes before thinking about eliminating them. Routes like the (B39), (Q74), (Q79) etc. I'll comment more on that on the One year anniversary after devasting doomsday bus cuts thread later.

Anyhoo earlier this morning I heard another (Q83) bus w/ a special sound. This time it was a hybrid. The thing sounded like a freakin flying saucer w/ a high pitched sound. Whichever bus it was sounded good! I was actually impressed.:cool: