BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Samuel Hall said:

he was my brother. he told me about it. it wasnt me. and dont think im lying please. im not. also nice destination sign.

So let me ask you something...

@lormier st is your “brother” and by your own words, a troll account.

You registered here in Sept 2020, make a post only about the subway car models you own, then go silent until now when “your brother” went silent because we mods put him on post approval.

And your first post - detailing the unplanned service change on the 4th Av Line - after months of silence, comes right after “your brother” posted “Deucey let me talk” - which we still haven’t approved so it remains hidden.

Here’s the question: why should we assume that you’re not lying about “your brother” and that you (or, you and he) aren’t here tag team trolling?

6 minutes ago, Deucey said:

So let me ask you something...

@lormier st is your “brother” and by your own words, a troll account.

You registered here in Sept 2020, make a post only about the subway car models you own, then go silent until now when “your brother” went silent because we mods put him on post approval.

And your first post - detailing the unplanned service change on the 4th Av Line - after months of silence, comes right after “your brother” posted “Deucey let me talk” - which we still haven’t approved so it remains hidden.

Here’s the question: why should we assume that you’re not lying about “your brother” and that you (or, you and he) aren’t here tag team trolling?

i got logged out and forgot the password for a few months. then on monday, that was when my brother made the account. 

Edited by Samuel Hall

37 minutes ago, Deucey said:

Yet the link wasn’t so hard for you this morning - after your brother’s “let me speak” posts weren’t approved by us...

@SevenEleven, might wanna figure out how to ban via mobile.

@B35 via Church you were right.

Sure. Send $500 cash upfront for a premium sub to 7/11's admin duties. Times rough out here. 

To the bus drivers... For the love of God, please pull your damn bus to the curb! Unreal what is going on. Stop after stop, drivers picking up passengers in the street, often times from the bus lane, leaving the entire right side WIDE OPEN, allowing e-bikes to come from behind the bus as the driver is picking up passengers. A number of passengers have been complaining about almost being hit as a result. Passengers CANNOT see the bikes coming from the behind the bus, especially if they are going at high speed, and vice versa. I'm speaking with the (MTA) about this because they need to make some changes. 

Twice this week, I was almost hit with another passenger. Just reckless to drive in service like that, making every stop from the street when the curb is completely open.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

On 1/13/2021 at 9:07 PM, Bay Ridge Express said:

There is no demand for that. Not only would there be an extensive amount of backtracking to get to the B83 route in the first place (backtracking btwn E 98 St + Van Siclen Av), most of the route would be redundant if it would be overlapping with the B6. Only way I could see it maybe working is if it was a limited service, but even then, going from Bed-Stuy to Bensonhurst via the B83 and B6 routes would definitely not be the fastest way and (depending on the route's frequency) the overlapping bus routes would overshadow the demand for such a route.

Nah, even for a limited I doubt there's enough ridership. People would just use the B6 LTD and B15, which works fine as is. I do wonder about a B15 LTD, Bed-Stuy to JFK, which could attract more ridership by speeding the trip to JFK- Though it doesn't seem like there's much ridership to go around anyway with air travel being down like it is.

1 minute ago, RapidoNewLook said:

Nah, even for a limited I doubt there's enough ridership. People would just use the B6 LTD and B15, which works fine as is. I do wonder about a B15 LTD, Bed-Stuy to JFK, which could attract more ridership by speeding the trip to JFK- Though it doesn't seem like there's much ridership to go around anyway with air travel being down like it is.

I think the whole concept of the B15 (a Bed-Stuy to airport route serving ENY) is pretty weird in the first place. I'd expect ppl to be taking an airport bus to/from hubs, like Downtown Bklyn and whatnot. But I also practically never use the route so if anyone would like to explain that, please do.

1 minute ago, Bay Ridge Express said:

I think the whole concept of the B15 (a Bed-Stuy to airport route serving ENY) is pretty weird in the first place. I'd expect ppl to be taking an airport bus to/from hubs, like Downtown Bklyn and whatnot. But I also practically never use the route so if anyone would like to explain that, please do.

Agreed. But if you're trying to tap into the South Brooklyn market, you're gonna have to make things faster than they are now. And it seems that the (MTA) is (at least pre-COVID) , IIRC the Bay Parkway- Flatlands- JFK corridor was listed as a priority for something (maybe even SBS) not too far back.

26 minutes ago, NBTA said:

So theres currently an XN60 hanging off of University and El Grant Highway..(no passengers on the bus, but 12 people got hurt, don't know how it happened).

I think it was a deadhead to 181 and the driver made a severe miscalculation on their turn onto Washington Bridge

Edit: turns out some other car crashed into the bus and the bus skidded into the cut

Edited by mine248