BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

48 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Don't they usually run on the M5?

Yes, but MTV has far more NGs than they do OGs. I think MTV only has 37 OGs compared to like 150+ NGs.

Anyway, they are playing celebrity PSAs on the buses again. Some Italian guy starts his PSA saying "you talking to me?!?" Can't figure out who that is..

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Anyway, they are playing celebrity PSAs on the buses again. Some Italian guy starts his PSA saying "you talking to me?!?" Can't figure out who that is..

Robert DeNiro, from that old movie Taxi Driver.

36 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Just thinking, Does the Artic buses get used on the M100 on the rush hours? 

It happens here & there.... Rather randomly, from what I gather.

20 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Yes, but MTV has far more NGs than they do OGs. I think MTV only has 37 OGs compared to like 150+ NGs.

17 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Robert DeNiro, from that old movie Taxi Driver.

It happens here & there.... Rather randomly, from what I gather.

Yup.

Of course, why they would pick the character of a delusional Vietnam vet-turned-cabdriver, for a bus announcement, is simply beyond me.  What's next, Col. Kurtz from Apocalypse Now?

Edited by R10 2952

11 minutes ago, R10 2952 said:

Yup.

Of course, why they would pick the character of a delusional Vietnam vet-turned-cabdriver, for a bus announcement, is simply beyond me.  What's next, Col. Kurtz from Apocalypse Now?

I get that they're trying to make the announcements more fun, but its extremely unprofessional that they're worried more about this then they are abut fixing the announcements on the (4) and (5), which have been broken since July... 

36 minutes ago, R10 2952 said:

Yup.

Of course, why they would pick the character of a delusional Vietnam vet-turned-cabdriver, for a bus announcement, is simply beyond me....

To drive every MTA commuter & current employee to that state of mental lunacy.

25 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

I get that they're trying to make the announcements more fun, but its extremely unprofessional that they're worried more about this then they are about fixing the announcements on the (4) and (5), which have been broken since July... 

You mean, subway station artwork isn't more important than anything that aids in the functionality/operability & efficiency of the trains themselves.... Who knew?!

5 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

To drive every MTA commuter & current employee to that state of mental lunacy.

You mean, subway station artwork isn't more important than anything that aids in the functionality/operability & efficiency of the trains themselves.... Who knew?!

You mean, the Rosie Perez announcements playing every 30 seconds??? Cause I sure as hell keep hoping that was a dream...

I passed by an M103 at Canal St and Bayard St and noticed a Next Gen used. I know, it is only when it's snowing but is it the road conditions that's being sent out (today) or it's Presidents Day weekend schedule change ? There was no chance of snow today except tomorrow calls for rain. 

Edited by Calvin

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I get that they're trying to make the announcements more fun, but its extremely unprofessional that they're worried more about this then they are abut fixing the announcements on the (4) and (5), which have been broken since July... 

That's not a glitch though...

the Jessica "the next stop is" and "this is" clips no longer exist because the obsolete computer systems on the R142/As are at capacity.

3 hours ago, Calvin said:

I passed by an M103 at Canal St and Bayard St and noticed a Next Gen used. I know, it is only when it's snowing but is it the road conditions that's being sent out (today) or it's Presidents Day weekend schedule change ? There was no chance of snow today except tomorrow calls for rain. 

artics are grounded citywide at this time.

Surprised me as well.

6 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

Surprised me as well.

In my area as of 4PM,  the artics are now going back to OH, and now there are going to use their own NGs, and loaning buses from MV, instead of FP.

Edited by RSMG106

6 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

Surprised me as well.

Yup, in a car I caught this on the Q53 (and there were another 2 pre-cuomo XD40's at 116 where it terminates). Given how clean the roads were today, it definitely surprised me for sure.

New Flyer XD40 on Q53

3 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

And for that reason, I suspect the transit system will lose even more functionality/efficiency in the next 20 or so years. Since when it comes to improving the system, the one thing people (politicians especially) try not to do, is to actually improve it for most riders.

Truly is the definition of painting lipstick on a pig.

2 hours ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

...And for that reason, I suspect the transit system will lose even more functionality/efficiency in the next 20 or so years. Since when it comes to improving the system, the one thing people (politicians especially) try not to do, is to actually improve it for most riders.

Truly is the definition of painting lipstick on a pig.

Yep, as the saying goes, "beauty is only skin deep".

This is giving that "artwork" a HUGE benefit of a doubt, because personally, I find just about all of it either completely forgettable or an absolute eyesore to look at.

Snow loans for Quill currently being transferred/already at the depot: 8107-8108, 8121, 8128-8129, 8139, 8148, 8165, 8186, 8195-8196, 8199, 8264, 8273, 8275, 8286, 8304, 8309, 8312, 8315, 8359.

1 hour ago, happy283 said:

Will there be snow loans for tomorrow and friday? There are expecting up to 10 inches between tomorrow morning and friday morning.

You ask this question way too damn much. Most of us here don't work for the MTA, so just sit back and wait and stop asking the same question 9 million times a week.

Edited by Cait Sith