BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SNOW LOANS BK DIVISION: 4065, 4114, 4427  FRESH POND TO FLATBUSH AVE (FB)

BROOKLYN DIVISION SNOW UPDATE: (CORRECTIONS/CLARIFICATIONS NEEDED IF INFORMATION IS INACCURATE).

GRAND AVENUE HAS NG'S AND XD40'S ON THE B38

GLEASON HAS C40'S ON THE B35

FLATBUSH HAS ABOUT 8 SNOW LOANS FROM FRESH POND IN ADDITION TO XD40'S ON SBS LINES 44/46

NORMAL ACTIVITY AT EAST NEW YORK AND ULMER PARK .

MANHATTAN DIVISION SNOW UPDATE: (CORRECTIONS/CLARIFICATIONS NEEDED IF INFORMATION IS INACCURATE)

IN ADDITION TO WHAT WAS SENT IN FROM STATEN ISLAND TO MQ AND OTHER DEPOTS I CAN REPORT THE FOLLOWING: 

MANHATTANVILLE SENT SOME NG'S TO (TU) AND MCH

MCH HAS NGS ON THE M15-SBS

MQ SENT SOME BUSES TO TU

MQ HAS NG'S ON THE M14, M23, M60 SBS+

Bronx Snow loan report: 

Kingsbridge Articulated routes are in-use of standard LFS and NGs from its own depot and a mix of Queens Village Next Gens. 

West Farms Articulated routes use the standard C40LFs and XN-40s, in assistance are the Nova LFS from Queens Village. 

Gun Hill Articulated routes uses the same rotation of 40 footers as Kingsbridge but, uses the LFS out of Jamaica Depot as helping hand. 

Queens Articulated routes:

Q44-SBS (Casey Stengel), Q52-SBS and Q10 ( (JFK) Depot) and Q53-SBS with LGA Q70 (LGA) is just 40 footers from their respective depots. No artics out. 

No changes at Staten Island. (Maybe, headways shortened or service reduced)

Edited by Calvin

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

BROOKLYN DIVISION SNOW UPDATE: (CORRECTIONS/CLARIFICATIONS NEEDED IF INFORMATION IS INACCURATE).

GRAND AVENUE HAS NG'S AND XD40'S ON THE B38

GLEASON HAS C40'S ON THE B35

FLATBUSH HAS ABOUT 8 SNOW LOANS FROM FRESH POND IN ADDITION TO XD40'S ON SBS LINES 44/46

NORMAL ACTIVITY AT EAST NEW YORK AND ULMER PARK .

MANHATTAN DIVISION SNOW UPDATE: (CORRECTIONS/CLARIFICATIONS NEEDED IF INFORMATION IS INACCURATE)

IN ADDITION TO WHAT WAS SENT IN FROM STATEN ISLAND TO MQ AND OTHER DEPOTS I CAN REPORT THE FOLLOWING: 

MANHATTANVILLE SENT SOME NG'S TO (TU) AND MCH

MCH HAS NGS ON THE M15-SBS

MQ SENT SOME BUSES TO TU

MQ HAS NG'S ON THE M14, M23, M60 SBS+

Ulmer Park is just the B1 shortened to 40 ft Xcelsiors. 

And 4th Gens to that in the Quill SBS pool. 

Edited by Calvin

2 minutes ago, Calvin said:

And 4th Gens to that accommodation. Ulmer Park is just the B1 shortened to 40 ft Xcelsiors. 

Yes, I keep forgetting that Ulmer now has artics and duly noted that B1 is running XD40’s. Thanks for that addition @Calvin. To clarify normal ops at ENY. 

Didnt really want to add 4th gen just only b/c i wanted to make a generalization of all NG’s including 4th gen at MQ.  As always, appreciate the clarification. 

52 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

The following vehicles are being loaned to Michael J. Quill...from Fresh Pond: 4048, 4091, 7136, 7186, 7191, 7280, 7710, 7712, 7802, 7805

7816 is also in Manhattan...running on the M42.

Update: 4051, 7263, 7287, 7300 are in Manhattan as well.

Edited by Snorunts

I had a Twilight Zone bus ride this morning on the QM35 (one of the 32XX buses).

As the bus pulls up, it looks like it is about to fall over because it is leaning at a crazy angle on the driver side. Even when the B/O kneeled the bus, it was at a really high angle to step on. Turns out I’m the only passengers, which is something that hasn’t happened since Christmas Day.

Anyway, the whole ride sounds like gunshots anytime we hit a pothole on the driver side because the bus is so low.  It must have been like that for a while because the padding from the bottom of the seats on the driver side was slowly falling out of the seats because of the intensity of the shocks! The bits of orange padding were all over the floor , like a cheez doodle explosion. But the B/O didn’t seem phased by it at all. I thought we maybe had a flat tag wheel or something, but maybe the suspension was just totally jacked up. When I got off the bus, I tried to see what it looked like from the outside, but couldn’t because the bus sped away before I could cross the street lol. 

34 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I had a Twilight Zone bus ride this morning on the QM35 (one of the 32XX buses).

As the bus pulls up, it looks like it is about to fall over because it is leaning at a crazy angle on the driver side. Even when the B/O kneeled the bus, it was at a really high angle to step on. Turns out I’m the only passengers, which is something that hasn’t happened since Christmas Day.

Anyway, the whole ride sounds like gunshots anytime we hit a pothole on the driver side because the bus is so low.  It must have been like that for a while because the padding from the bottom of the seats on the driver side was slowly falling out of the seats because of the intensity of the shocks! The bits of orange padding were all over the floor , like a cheez doodle explosion. But the B/O didn’t seem phased by it at all. I thought we maybe had a flat tag wheel or something, but maybe the suspension was just totally jacked up. When I got off the bus, I tried to see what it looked like from the outside, but couldn’t because the bus sped away before I could cross the street lol. 

Smh... Express buses like that are like cheese buses. What a joy for $6.75. I haven't used the express bus in over a week. 

13 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

VG8 is going to have an aneurism reading that post. You're sure you want to put the man through the express bus agony?

I've been on express buses before with horrible shocks, so I know the feeling first hand. I was looking at new cars today and that is one thing I cannot do is buy a car where you feel every bump. 

11 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

You'd think the bus was at Jamaica. *shot*