BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, paulrivera said:

On that day, the (MTA) found out that not everyone is of the Christian denomination.

Express buses were regular in the Bx. I went BxM3 going in (last second semi-urgent errand in the city...), BxM7 going out (errand in Co-op), Bx12 back home.... let's just say I kinda wished I went BxM7 back down to the Upper East Side and switched over to a BxM3 or 4 to my house.

After today, I'm done heading to the city for a good while....

But on another side note: in regards to foot traffic, Midtown itself looks less busy than Fordham Road does. Let that sink in for a moment.

Yeah, I took the QM1 and QM5 today, and they were quite full. And pretty heavy traffic on the roads too...definitely not a typical Good Friday. I guess everyone's work schedules have been so messed up for a year, patterns have changed

I had to take the (6) train as well today, and wow was that messed up big time. (4)'s and (5)'s were crush loaded 

Edited by QM1to6Ave

41 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I had to take the (6) train as well today, and wow was that messed up big time. (4)'s and (5)'s were crush loaded 

That’s why in the rare event I’ve had to go into Manhattan since the pandemic started, I’ve been using the express bus whenever it was sensible.

In the last 10 months I’ve bounced around between BxM1,2,3,4,7, and 10 depending on where I’ve needed to go on either end of a route. I find that three legged errands with two straight express bus legs with a local leg on either end gets the most bang for the buck and I don’t get two dreaded local legs.

I’m damn tired of having to look over my shoulders or being packed on a local bus or subway, and I’m going to minimize my local bus/subway use even after the pandemic ends.

i just hope they don’t go crazy chopping the express buses down the road.

2 hours ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

Right now (with the exception of #3131 and #3191), every single bus on the weekend College Point routes is a Prevost. Just thought that was kinda interesting...

Waiting to see if the D4500 that usually shows up in the afternoon and evening operates today. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Why do people get on the bus, sitdown and THEN ask a passenger not the driver, if the bus is going uptown or downtown and what route it is? Dude got on the S/B M3 asking if it was the uptown BX19. Mind you this happened quite a few blocks NORTH of 145th where the BX19 runs.

2 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Why do people get on the bus, sitdown and THEN ask a passenger not the driver, if the bus is going uptown or downtown and what route it is? Dude got on the S/B M3 asking if it was the uptown BX19. Mind you this happened quite a few blocks NORTH of 145th where the BX19 runs.

Smh..... This is just how stupid people are.

3 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

People don't read and are stupid and lazy. I had two people try to board my BxM2 today in the drop-off segment. Driver is waiving them off telling them its not a bus for pick-up. Smh

3 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

There's two D4500s in service right now as I speak on the CP routes, one on the QM5, and one on the QM6, lol. And most of the buses now are no longer Prevosts.

Of course they are on the 5 and 6 lol. Every day I see the same QM20 and QM34 runs with Prevosts, must be the same BOs with a preference for them

On 4/1/2021 at 8:02 AM, MHV9218 said:

Goddamn the FB group got wrecked lmao. That thread on the LFS HEV was like an army of Gen Z coming to torch the village. I feel like an old head when to me I'm still one of the kids in this community... This is why I keep off the socials...

You're not alone in that, believe me.  Some days I see what's going on and I go into default Murtaugh:

OUGhlk9.gif

2 hours ago, Snorunts said:

If anything, they will stay in Queens. It seems like Bronx and Manhattan are planning on pushing out all NG Hybrids. Most of them are probably also leaving Brooklyn, but they will probably keep a small amount of them.

I'm honestly surprised Queens Village has been giving NG Hybrids to Casey Stengel and Michael J. Quill (4123, 4128, 4132, 4467) when they have the largest amount of NYCT 07 Hybrids.

I’m going to answer this here so that we don’t overflow the bus moves thread.  

I wonder if Kingsbridge and Gun Hill will move their buses over to Queens Village so that they can scrap their hybrids. Those hybrids are holding mighty strong in Queens Village and Quill/MCH. 

Remember, Stengel gave 4171 to MQ,
4135, 4173-4174 to Manhattanville. 

2 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

End result for the Bronx remains the same: All Nova, all the time.

You do realize Eastchester and West Farms are Bronx Depots that use other equipment too, right? I wonder what Eastchester will get in the future when it's time for their buses to go.

1 minute ago, Snorunts said:

You do realize Eastchester and West Farms are Bronx Depots that use other equipment too, right? I wonder what Eastchester will get in the future when it's time for their buses to go.

Eastchester getting hand-me-downs from Staten Island for the Bx23 and Q50 wouldn’t shock me.

CP's 3032 broke down by the entrance of the QMT going to Manhattan, so our B/O stopped to see if any passengers needed rescue, but it looks like another bus picked them up first...the broken down bus's B/O was sprawled out across the seats on his phone waiting for the tow truck and looked shocked when our B/O knocked on the door LOL

12 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

CP's 3032 broke down by the entrance of the QMT going to Manhattan, so our B/O stopped to see if any passengers needed rescue, but it looks like another bus picked them up first...the broken down bus's B/O was sprawled out across the seats on his phone waiting for the tow truck and looked shocked when our B/O knocked on the door LOL

.... another bus heading to the scrap yard. 

3 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

LOL. They're dropping like flies... I got the 11am BxM2 this morning. We went all of four stops before our bus broke down at Kappock & Knolls Crescent. Took me two hours to get to West Midtown. 

169429876_10222377323594384_249188922637

16 hours ago, paulrivera said:

Eastchester getting hand-me-downs from Staten Island for the Bx23 and Q50 wouldn’t shock me.

MTA Bus based on what is posted in the “Fleet & Depots” thread is suppose to receive 25 new buses sometime this year unless that order was canceled. 

I don’t know for sure whether those buses would be for ECH, but being that ECH currently has 27 Orion VII NG’s it is quite possible for the 25 new buses to go there and kick the Orion VII’s back to Queens. 

Edited by NewFlyer 230

1 minute ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

That’s odd. I saw it at the Eastchester scrap lot on Saturday. Either I mixed up the number or it left the lot shortly afterwards.

Is it common that they reactivate a bus once it's in the scrap lot? What would be the reasons for doing so?

Edited by danielhg121