BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

On 4/6/2021 at 4:03 AM, Snorunts said:

You do realize Eastchester and West Farms are Bronx Depots that use other equipment too, right? I wonder what Eastchester will get in the future when it's time for their buses to go.

Yeah but they're not suppose to share buses since they're two different agencies.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've still rarely caught the new Prevosts in CP (maybe 3 or 4 times total, which kind of surprises me), but after taking the X64 tonight, I realized that the Prevosts don't seem to play those obnoxious automated annoucements like the newer MCIs from QV. I sincerely hope they don't start playing them...being woken out of a nap by a recording of Awkwafina screaming about wearing a mask when I'm already wearing one does not make me a happy customer. 

4 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I've still rarely caught the new Prevosts in CP (maybe 3 or 4 times total, which kind of surprises me), but after taking the X64 tonight, I realized that the Prevosts don't seem to play those obnoxious automated annoucements like the newer MCIs from QV. I sincerely hope they don't start playing them...being woken out of a nap by a recording of Awkwafina screaming about wearing a mask when I'm already wearing one does not make me a happy customer. 

Awkwafina is nothing. I am constantly hearing some guy whose name I don't know shouting that assaulting a bus operator is a felony.... Those announcements are driving people crazy and I hope they discontinue them.

On a completely separate note, I rode 6102 on the M15-SBS today and noticed how it still has Michael J. Quill logos. 6106-6107 I believe have Mother Clara Hale stickers.

Edited by Snorunts

7 hours ago, Snorunts said:

Awkwafina is nothing. I am constantly hearing some guy whose name I don't know shouting that assaulting a bus operator is a felony.... Those announcements are driving people crazy and I hope they discontinue them.

On a completely separate note, I rode 6102 on the M15-SBS today and noticed how it still has Michael J. Quill logos. 6106-6107 I believe have Mother Clara Hale stickers.

That's Desus Nice making the announcement about not assaulting bus operators and to avoid the booking. 

I wonder where Casey Stengal buses will go. According to the below article, seems as if the LGA Airtrain construction could start as early as June 2021 and commence in March 2022. Any updates on a potential new Casey Stengal location? 

https://sunnysidepost.com/laguardia-airtrain-project-passes-major-mile-stone-construction-could-begin-as-soon-as-june

2 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

That's Desus Nice making the announcement about not assaulting bus operators and to avoid the booking. 

I wonder where Casey Stengal buses will go. According to the below article, seems as if the LGA Airtrain construction could start as early as June 2021 and commence in March 2022. Any updates on a potential new Casey Stengal location? 

https://sunnysidepost.com/laguardia-airtrain-project-passes-major-mile-stone-construction-could-begin-as-soon-as-june

Probably in the wastelands around Citi Field, as there really isn’t another location for them to move the depot to (if it was up to me, this LGA air train would be canned faster than the Bronx Express Bus Redesign).

10 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

The automated announcements should be stopped or re-recorded. There's someone I work with (another express bus commuter who advocates for better conditions for us express bus riders who also has a group, but that only covers Staten Island express buses). She inquired about the announcements, and that's what she was told and she gave me a heads-up yesterday. Problem is every time they stop some of them, they come with new ones. It's endless.

14 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

They're coming. Enjoy the peace for now, lmao. They are annoying though. On some buses, it is sky high and they play so often, that you can tell time with them. 🙄

Those obnoxious automated announcements really piss me off.  Only thing they should be announcing on the buses are the major stops or if the route/destination has been changed, and not a damn thing else.

Edited by R10 2952

1 hour ago, SevenEleven said:

They're coming. Enjoy the peace for now, lmao. They are annoying though. On some buses, it is sky high and they play so often, that you can tell time with them. 🙄

Do the Prevosts on SI announce every stop (pickup & drop off)? I would think that only the drop-off segment would be announced.

41 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Do the Prevosts on SI announce every stop (pickup & drop off)? I would think that only the drop-off segment would be announced.

Dunno. The buses with the announcement systems are at Charleston (and were disabled last time I checked) and the new Prevost isn't in service yet.

7 hours ago, Snorunts said:

When was the last time 9501 & 9504 were in service? I haven't seen 9501 in a while and I don't think I've ever seen 9504 out.

9501 was last in service in March 10th.

9504 was last in service in September 2020. It's in Indiana.

3 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

You mean like NICE bus' XN40's.... 

19 hours ago, Snorunts said:

Awkwafina is nothing. I am constantly hearing some guy whose name I don't know shouting that assaulting a bus operator is a felony.... Those announcements are driving people crazy and I hope they discontinue them....

I've personally grown tired of the "Dominican Don of Distancing" myself....

Edited by B35 via Church

7 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

9501 was last in service in March 10th.

9504 was last in service in September 2020. It's in Indiana.

Interesting. 9504 might be the only one of the ten that I haven't seen in person yet. Wonder what it's doing at the Allison Transmission Plant.

I assume 9501 is inside Grand Avenue Depot, maybe being maintained/repaired?