Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

I wonder if Kingsbridge and Gun Hill will move their buses over to Queens Village so that they can scrap their hybrids.

End result for the Bronx remains the same: All Nova, all the time.

2 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

End result for the Bronx remains the same: All Nova, all the time.

You do realize Eastchester and West Farms are Bronx Depots that use other equipment too, right? I wonder what Eastchester will get in the future when it's time for their buses to go.

1 minute ago, Snorunts said:

You do realize Eastchester and West Farms are Bronx Depots that use other equipment too, right? I wonder what Eastchester will get in the future when it's time for their buses to go.

Eastchester getting hand-me-downs from Staten Island for the Bx23 and Q50 wouldn’t shock me.

8 hours ago, paulrivera said:

Eastchester getting hand-me-downs from Staten Island for the Bx23 and Q50 wouldn’t shock me.

Too early to tell if Eastchester is supposed to get hand me-downs from Staten Island. 

CP's 3032 broke down by the entrance of the QMT going to Manhattan, so our B/O stopped to see if any passengers needed rescue, but it looks like another bus picked them up first...the broken down bus's B/O was sprawled out across the seats on his phone waiting for the tow truck and looked shocked when our B/O knocked on the door LOL

12 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

CP's 3032 broke down by the entrance of the QMT going to Manhattan, so our B/O stopped to see if any passengers needed rescue, but it looks like another bus picked them up first...the broken down bus's B/O was sprawled out across the seats on his phone waiting for the tow truck and looked shocked when our B/O knocked on the door LOL

.... another bus heading to the scrap yard. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

LOL. They're dropping like flies... I got the 11am BxM2 this morning. We went all of four stops before our bus broke down at Kappock & Knolls Crescent. Took me two hours to get to West Midtown. 

169429876_10222377323594384_249188922637

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, paulrivera said:

MTA Bus based on what is posted in the “Fleet & Depots” thread is suppose to receive 25 new buses sometime this year unless that order was canceled. 

I don’t know for sure whether those buses would be for ECH, but being that ECH currently has 27 Orion VII NG’s it is quite possible for the 25 new buses to go there and kick the Orion VII’s back to Queens. 

Edited by NewFlyer 230

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

That’s odd. I saw it at the Eastchester scrap lot on Saturday. Either I mixed up the number or it left the lot shortly afterwards.

Is it common that they reactivate a bus once it's in the scrap lot? What would be the reasons for doing so?

Edited by danielhg121

On 4/6/2021 at 4:03 AM, Snorunts said:

Yeah but they're not suppose to share buses since they're two different agencies.

6 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Yeah but they're not suppose to share buses since they're two different agencies.

Unrelated. I never said they share buses.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Snorunts said:

Unrelated. I never said they share buses.

Oh I thought you said share each other's equipment.

I've still rarely caught the new Prevosts in CP (maybe 3 or 4 times total, which kind of surprises me), but after taking the X64 tonight, I realized that the Prevosts don't seem to play those obnoxious automated annoucements like the newer MCIs from QV. I sincerely hope they don't start playing them...being woken out of a nap by a recording of Awkwafina screaming about wearing a mask when I'm already wearing one does not make me a happy customer. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I've still rarely caught the new Prevosts in CP (maybe 3 or 4 times total, which kind of surprises me), but after taking the X64 tonight, I realized that the Prevosts don't seem to play those obnoxious automated annoucements like the newer MCIs from QV. I sincerely hope they don't start playing them...being woken out of a nap by a recording of Awkwafina screaming about wearing a mask when I'm already wearing one does not make me a happy customer. 

Awkwafina is nothing. I am constantly hearing some guy whose name I don't know shouting that assaulting a bus operator is a felony.... Those announcements are driving people crazy and I hope they discontinue them.

On a completely separate note, I rode 6102 on the M15-SBS today and noticed how it still has Michael J. Quill logos. 6106-6107 I believe have Mother Clara Hale stickers.

Edited by Snorunts
  • LMAO! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Snorunts said:

Awkwafina is nothing. I am constantly hearing some guy whose name I don't know shouting that assaulting a bus operator is a felony.... Those announcements are driving people crazy and I hope they discontinue them.

On a completely separate note, I rode 6102 on the M15-SBS today and noticed how it still has Michael J. Quill logos. 6106-6107 I believe have Mother Clara Hale stickers.

That's Desus Nice making the announcement about not assaulting bus operators and to avoid the booking. 

I wonder where Casey Stengal buses will go. According to the below article, seems as if the LGA Airtrain construction could start as early as June 2021 and commence in March 2022. Any updates on a potential new Casey Stengal location? 

https://sunnysidepost.com/laguardia-airtrain-project-passes-major-mile-stone-construction-could-begin-as-soon-as-june

2 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

That's Desus Nice making the announcement about not assaulting bus operators and to avoid the booking. 

I wonder where Casey Stengal buses will go. According to the below article, seems as if the LGA Airtrain construction could start as early as June 2021 and commence in March 2022. Any updates on a potential new Casey Stengal location? 

https://sunnysidepost.com/laguardia-airtrain-project-passes-major-mile-stone-construction-could-begin-as-soon-as-june

Probably in the wastelands around Citi Field, as there really isn’t another location for them to move the depot to (if it was up to me, this LGA air train would be canned faster than the Bronx Express Bus Redesign).

• Upvote 2

When was the last time 9501 & 9504 were in service? I haven't seen 9501 in a while and I don't think I've ever seen 9504 out.

10 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

The automated announcements should be stopped or re-recorded. There's someone I work with (another express bus commuter who advocates for better conditions for us express bus riders who also has a group, but that only covers Staten Island express buses). She inquired about the announcements, and that's what she was told and she gave me a heads-up yesterday. Problem is every time they stop some of them, they come with new ones. It's endless.

• LMAO! 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Snorunts said:

When was the last time 9501 & 9504 were in service? I haven't seen 9501 in a while and I don't think I've ever seen 9504 out.

I saw both 9501 and 9504 out during the last month.. Both were working on the B62..

14 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

They're coming. Enjoy the peace for now, lmao. They are annoying though. On some buses, it is sky high and they play so often, that you can tell time with them. 🙄

• LMAO! 1

Posted (edited)

Those obnoxious automated announcements really piss me off.  Only thing they should be announcing on the buses are the major stops or if the route/destination has been changed, and not a damn thing else.

Edited by R10 2952
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SevenEleven said:

They're coming. Enjoy the peace for now, lmao. They are annoying though. On some buses, it is sky high and they play so often, that you can tell time with them. 🙄

Do the Prevosts on SI announce every stop (pickup & drop off)? I would think that only the drop-off segment would be announced.

41 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Do the Prevosts on SI announce every stop (pickup & drop off)? I would think that only the drop-off segment would be announced.

Dunno. The buses with the announcement systems are at Charleston (and were disabled last time I checked) and the new Prevost isn't in service yet.