Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

1 hour ago, paulrivera said:

The new format express bus schedules don't show where the pickup and dropoff stops are at...

BxM4

BxM7

Also both of they say “Local Service “ instead of “Express Service “ .  Just a minor issue but I just wanted to point that out.

Edited by Lil 57
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 34.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Also both of they say “Local Service “ instead of “Express Service “ .  Just a minor issue but I just wanted to point that out.

Yes, I'm aware. Someone is already looking at it. There are quite a few errors in them because they copied from the local bus schedules that are from NYCT.

This is something that I've noticed over the years:

Why don't the NYCT express timetables not follow the BusCo format and list the pickup/dropoff stops on their own page as compared to cramming it all onto the route maps?

Edited by MeeP15-9112
clarification
8 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

Further evidence that these schedules are copy & paste jobs... The fact that they aren't proofread, leaves much to be desired.... Very sloppy.

1 hour ago, MeeP15-9112 said:

Why don't the NYCT express timetables not follow the BusCo format and list the pickup/dropoff stops on their own page as compared to cramming it all onto the route maps?

There was never any cohesion in terms of formatting b/w the NYCT routes & the MTAB routes from the jump, due to the transitioning of the PBL's.... It apparently wasn't a priority.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, MeeP15-9112 said:

Because the NYCT timetables have maps that list the stops on the actual maps. (MTA) Bus uses a different format where the maps just show where the buses run, but list the stops on a separate page. They actually are trying to use the same format as NYCT, but clearly did not realize the discrepancies.

• Thumbs Up 1
On 6/9/2021 at 7:47 PM, Lawrence St said:

Why are the 9501-9510 Xclesiors having so many issues?

I believe you mentioned this in the bus moves portion of the forum:   Apparently 9500, 9501, 9503, 9505, 9506, 9508, and 9509 are all in service today.  My only guess with some the issues could be routine maintenance. Other issues that may arise which lead 9504 to leave NYC back to Minnesota for extensive repair that are outside the realms of Zerega and Grand CMF. 

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

I believe you mentioned this in the bus moves portion of the forum:   Apparently 9500, 9501, 9503, 9505, 9506, 9508, and 9509 are all in service today.  My only guess with some the issues could be routine maintenance. Other issues that may arise which lead 9504 to leave NYC back to Minnesota for extensive repair that are outside the realms of Zerega and Grand CMF. 

9509 has not been in service for at least a couple months. 9500-9503, 9505-9508 have been in service today.

1 minute ago, Lawrence St said:

He means the tracker.

I see. Well the GPS not working has nothing to do with the bus not running. If it didn't physically run, it's likely because of the ongoing driver shortages. I have asked for a timeline regarding when we'll get some sort of normalcy in terms of trips being covered. 

5 hours ago, Q43LTD said:

I see the Q41 has a slight routing change east of the Van Wyck. 94 is a one way westbound and 95 is a one way eastbound

The change occurred about a year ago. It was done to help traffic flow in the area, and in the process a new playground was built. Google maps shows 95th Ave as Atlantic Ave when I’m pretty sure the street is still called 95th Ave. 

4 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

The change occurred about a year ago. It was done to help traffic flow in the area, and in the process a new playground was built. Google maps shows 95th Ave as Atlantic Ave when I’m pretty sure the street is still called 95th Ave. 

It is. Atlantic merges onto 95

4 hours ago, paulrivera said:

Wow, there was such a high turnout for the extraction of 7647 

How many of you were there? There were so many people taking pics of the front of the bus after they extracted it from the building😄

(no I wasn't there, I saw it on the news)

They had a live broadcast on the Citizen app and they said it was the "local residents" who kept following up, along with a few people walking by. I still can't believe how much publicity that whole situation received. It's funny how when it's the drivers fault, video evidence gets publicity released, but when it's the MTAs fault, no video evidence released (XN60 1020). 

7 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

They had a live broadcast on the Citizen app and they said it was the "local residents" who kept following up, along with a few people walking by. I still can't believe how much publicity that whole situation received. It's funny how when it's the drivers fault, video evidence gets publicity released, but when it's the MTAs fault, no video evidence released (XN60 1020). 

Can't we submit a FOIL request for the video from 1020?

10 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

They had a live broadcast on the Citizen app and they said it was the "local residents" who kept following up, along with a few people walking by. I still can't believe how much publicity that whole situation received. It's funny how when it's the drivers fault, video evidence gets publicity released, but when it's the MTAs fault, no video evidence released (XN60 1020)

The screwed up thing was that, it wasn't officially released by the MTA...people in Zerega leaked it and it caught fire everywhere it went.

How they haven't gotten fired for that yet is beyond me.

Edited by Cait Sith
  • Upvote 2
On 6/10/2021 at 2:17 AM, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Not only the 99 routes, but a bunch of other routes with enhanced overnight service. It's on the MTA website: https://new.mta.info/coronavirus/overnight

There are several routes which apparently will retain the existing enhanced overnight service (as they don't mirror subways, or mirror them enough based on the description).

The Bronx

• Bx15 (every 10-20 minutes)
  • Bx19 & Bx21 (every 22.5 minutes)

Brooklyn

• B8, B44 Local, B46 Local, B61, B68 (every 20 minutes)
  • B38, B63 (every 22.5 minutes), 

Manhattan

• M2, M7 (every 20 min weekdays, every 30 min weekends)
  • M15 (every 15 minutes)
  • M102 (Weekdays Only, every 20 minutes)
  • M104 (Weekdays Only, every 22.5 minutes)

Queens

• Q24, Q53 SBS (every 20 minutes)
  • Q65 (every 15-20 minutes)
  • Q60, Q66 (every 15 minutes)

I checked TripPlanner for June 17th for some of the buses listed above (Q53, Q60, B44, B46), and the enhanced overnight schedule are still available on that day

Seems like all of the enhanced overnight bus service went away just looked on google maps and the M2 and Q53 are back to its 60 minute frequency 

2 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

Seems like all of the enhanced overnight bus service went away just looked on google maps and the M2 and Q53 are back to its 60 minute frequency 

Yeah, I made a post referencing this a few days ago (it's on the previous page). All service was eliminated, and they didn't put out any tweet or anything to clarify the potential confusion from the MTA website.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven
9 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Went fanning throughout Brooklyn today....

I mean good lord, how many buses did they dedicate towards the (A) shuttles... Seemed like every stint I was in Downtown today [3 separate times], shuttle buses were arriving & leaving in 3's & 4's....

Don’t know, but I know it’s at least 40+, they running that (A) shuttle like the B6 down there. Lol

• Upvote 1