Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Your joking? Pics?

 

2 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

I know that stop that he's talking about, and yeah, it has Bee-Line logos. I think I may have shot a picture of it several years back (pre-covid), but I would have to check if I have them. IDK why that stop in particular has that shelter. 

Found it on Google street view:

unknown.png?width=1175&height=630

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 35.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

Does anyone know why the two NB bus stops along Ring Road (Staten Island Mall) have bee-line bus shelters? They even have fading bee-line logos.

They want shoppers to "bee-line" the hell out of SI mall as fast as possible!

4 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

I know that stop that he's talking about, and yeah, it has Bee-Line logos. I think I may have shot a picture of it several years back (pre-covid), but I would have to check if I have them. IDK why that stop in particular has that shelter. 

If only they ran those ex-bee line buses out in SI, concurrent to whenever they put those old shelters up :lol:

  • LMAO! 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

If only they ran those ex-bee line buses out in SI, concurrent to whenever they put those old shelters up :lol:

Yeah, that particular episode in 2010 or so of the MTA scrapping too many of their own RTSes and O5s, then having to resort to buying second-hand junk from Bee Lines, was downright comedic.  Rode a few of them on the Q38 and Q67 back around 2012, still had BL markings on the interior LOL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, R10 2952 said:

Yeah, that particular episode in 2010 or so of the MTA scrapping too many of their own RTSes and O5s, then having to resort to buying second-hand junk from Bee Lines, was downright comedic.  Rode a few of them on the Q38 and Q67 back around 2012, still had BL markings on the interior LOL.

Those buses weren’t that bad when they first came. However after a while they started to suck because they were being ran way more than they were back in Westchester.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Those buses weren’t that bad when they first came. However after a while they started to suck because they were being ran way more than they were back in Westchester.

The seating arrangement/spacing on them dam things sucked.

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The B44-SBS has a mix in headways 15-20 minutes and 12 minutes, full route between Williamsburg to Sheepshead Bay. I probably think ridership isn't much difference compared to the school season. 

Edited by Calvin
outside rush hour
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Calvin said:

The B44-SBS has a mix in headways 15-20 minutes and 12 minutes, full route between Williamsburg to Sheepshead Bay. I probably think ridership isn't much difference compared to the school season. 

Looks like FB could be losing SBS+ buses for the summer again as a result of these headways... Remember, the service is light during the summer months on the 44+, I wonder how the 46+ fairs out during the summer months.

What's the unofficial pick report for the summer.  Any surprises with regards to cuts in service?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Looks like FB could be losing SBS+ buses for the summer again as a result of these headways... Remember, the service is light during the summer months on the 44+, I wonder how the 46+ fairs out during the summer months.

What's the unofficial pick report for the summer.  Any surprises with regards to cuts in service?

From what was checked on the B46-SBS, the Kings Plaza weekday departures are trimmed to 5 mins instead of 3 during the PM rush. But, there maybe more, just looking back now from before on other routes. 

Difference is that Monday, the 5th is a Saturday schedule.

 

But no surprise on the Q22, Q35 and Q53-SBS with headways 5-10 mins since today is summer. 

Edited by Calvin
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Question for The Bronx people on the forum.  Does the Bx26 use artics for AM rush. Just noticed 5489 working on the 26 this morning. 

It happens once in awhile, I don't think its a regular thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Question for The Bronx people on the forum.  Does the Bx26 use artics for AM rush. Just noticed 5489 working on the 26 this morning. 

It’s actually still out there too.

Also, a friend spotted 9565 on the M1, so welcome XDE40s in Manhattan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How did the 31 turnaround at 233 and 238 work?

I seem to remember how the 31 then terminated somewhere behind the Westchester Square Yard that the (6) Local used before currently turning near Lane Avenue. I believe it was somewhere at Einstein Hospital.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NBTA said:

It’s actually still out there too.

Also, a friend spotted 9565 on the M1, so welcome XDE40s in Manhattan.

Probably saw it training, it has yet to hit revenue service. It's been driven around between 135th and 146th for operator training.

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Probably saw it training, it has yet to hit revenue service. It's been driven around between 135th and 146th for operator training.

I believe 9564 is also training. Is that correct?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2021 at 9:55 AM, Future ENY OP said:

Question for The Bronx people on the forum.  Does the Bx26 use artics for AM rush. Just noticed 5489 working on the 26 this morning. 

Not normally unless there's a shortage of 40' buses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In digital ads in the subway system, the MTA is promoting the bus routes that go to CI in addition to the subway lines that go there. However the B82 local is missing even though it goes to CI as well. Thought that was odd.

Edited by trainfan22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While looking at the #6691-6725 range on Transsee, it appears that 6716 (from Manhattanville) hasn't ran since May 25th, and 6718 hasn't ran since June 11th. Every other OG at the Ville appears to be running strong for now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2021 at 1:36 PM, 4 via Mosholu said:

How did the 31 turnaround at 233 and 238 work?

I seem to remember how the 31 then terminated somewhere behind the Westchester Square Yard that the (6) Local used before currently turning near Lane Avenue. I believe it was somewhere at Einstein Hospital.

You mean before it got extended to Katonah/242nd?

What buses actually used to do was layover on Webster/233rd (current Bx16 Pelham bound stop), then they continued up Webster, right on Nereid, right turn down Bronx Blvd., to get back to 233rd..... It was opposite a gas station, but I couldn't tell you what's in that immediate area anymore.... Anyway, the Bronx bus maps around that time would show buses ending at Webster/Nereid, which wasn't the case (I found that out the hard way... tried riding up to Nereid from off a NB trip... each & every single time, the b/o wasn't having it)....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

In digital ads in the subway system, the MTA is promoting the bus routes that go to CI in addition to the subway lines that go there. However the B82 local is missing even though it goes to CI as well. Thought that was odd.

Yeah, those ads are laughably bad. The Bryant Park ad lists just the QM20 express bus, even though a ton more buses stop within the range of the park!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Yeah, those ads are laughably bad. The Bryant Park ad lists just the QM20 express bus, even though a ton more buses stop within the range of the park!

It's not like someone would be able to catch the majority of those other express buses anyways, if they wanted to go to/from Bryant Park at any given time (which typically falls outside traditional work hours). But yeah, weird that the QM20 in particular is listed, but not the other daily express routes.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8719 had an engine fire on the West Shore Expressway as a deadhead this morning around 11:20am. Bus fire extinguisher put the fire out. 

 

That one particular bus is ALWAYS in service. Like 8719 is ALWAYS on the road, and this heat doesn't help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

8719 had an engine fire on the West Shore Expressway as a deadhead this morning around 11:20am. Bus fire extinguisher put the fire out. 

 

That one particular bus is ALWAYS in service. Like 8719 is ALWAYS on the road, and this heat doesn't help. 

8719 had an engine fire and its back in service already? That dont seem right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.