BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

MCH- XDE40 allotment is basically done with exception of 9560-9562, Correct.  Not counting the option order which comes a little later on.

Yes, the base order allotment for OF is complete with the exception of 9560-9562. 9560 and 9562 have been built, haven't seen or heard anything on 9561.

6 hours ago, Snorunts said:

6706, 6757, 6760-6761, 6765, 6771, 6776, 6778-6779, 6782, 6786 (011)

Make that 10 as 6776 has been moved to Manhattanville. 

Seems that Manhattan wants the Old Gens spread around the range of 10-18 each (100 St not included) to avoid being used on weekends. 

Question for causal express bus riders... when waiting at an bus stop with "regulars" do these regulars ask are you waiting for the Express bus route that stops at that stop? This happened to me from time to time at SC and Ulmer Park Express bus stops over the years. 

Always thought that was odd as that rarely happens with the local bus, not sure if their trying to be friendly or what. 

Edited by trainfan22

37 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Question for causal express bus riders... when waiting at an bus stop with "regulars" do these regulars ask are you waiting for the Express bus route that stops at that stop? This happened to me from time to time at SC and Ulmer Park Express bus stops over the years. 

Always thought that was odd as that rarely happens with the local bus, not sure if their trying to be friendly or what. 

They ask to not mistakenly cut you in the line or to make sure that they waiting in the right spot for the bus. (Since some express buses stop staggered from the stop pole)

1 hour ago, SevenEleven said:

They ask to not mistakenly cut you in the line or to make sure that they waiting in the right spot for the bus. (Since some express buses stop staggered from the stop pole)

I always wondered about the staggered stops…is that an official thing, or is it an informal thing that all the B/O’s on a line learn to do? It can be confusing when I go to some stops during peak vs. off peak and they stop in different locations for the same stop depending on time of day 

The S40/90 Limited tend to get crowded most of the time leaving the terminal now. While boarding the S40 around 1 PM leaving the Ferry terminal, all the seats were filled. Coming back to the terminal, all were packed, thanks to the Amazon warehouse extension. 

Question for @Calvin, @Around the Horn, @Cait Sith

Is the D99 shuttle bus all Brooklyn Division only or Just Ulmer Park.

The reason I ask this is b/c 7333 out of Flatbush and 454 out of Gleason was spotted working the shuttle earlier today.  

However, the last few days of the operation it's been an Ulmer Park ops only.

Just now, Future ENY OP said:

Question for @Calvin, @Around the Horn, @Cait Sith

Is the D99 shuttle bus all Brooklyn Division only or Just Ulmer Park.

The reason I ask this is b/c 7333 out of Flatbush and 454 out of Gleason was spotted working the shuttle earlier today.  

However, the last few days of the operation it's been an Ulmer Park ops only.

Primarily Ulmer Park. Other depots work the line if needed.

Three Meredith Express buses are stuck at a RR crossing in SI next to West Shore Plaza, was fanning the S46 and now this freight train came to a complete stop right on the RR Crossing SMH.

Never thought I'd see this type of delay in NYC of all places, didn't even know SI had railroad crossings!

Edited by trainfan22

2 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Three Meredith Express buses are stuck at a RR crossing in SI next to West Shore Plaza, was fanning the S46 and now this freight train came to a complete stop right on the RR Crossing SMH.

Never thought I'd see this type of delay in NYC of all places, didn't even know SI had railroad crossings!

Eh, it still happens across the city.  Bushwick Branch crossing at Metropolitan, 73rd St in Glendale, SBK in Brooklyn...  

24 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Why is the D99 needed though? Who's traveling from Bay 50th St to Coney Island for one stop?

....People that need/use stops along the D line and those that are going to/from 6th Avenue?

No offense dude, but you sometimes ask the most dumbest questions lol.

Edited by Cait Sith