BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, TomaszSBklyn said:

Less than one subway stop away going toward Bay 50th Street, home of the now famous and fanned D99 route powered by buses from at least 3 Brooklyn Depots: Ulmer, Flatbush and the Ralph Kramden, I mean Jackie Gleason.

Someone gets hit by a bus and this is your response? Disgusting.

9 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Nah, we got a 45 ft bus numbered 7575 running around. 

I'm eager to catch it or at least look at its picture. Where can I find more info? At this link:

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Metropolitan_Transportation_Authority_7484-7850#7500-7599

there is nothing specific or unusual about vehicle 7575. Also, as a 45 footer shouldn't it have a tag axle?

Are you kidding me?

11 minutes ago, TomaszSBklyn said:

I'm eager to catch it or at least look at its picture. Where can I find more info? At this link:

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Metropolitan_Transportation_Authority_7484-7850#7500-7599

there is nothing specific or unusual about vehicle 7575. Also, as a 45 footer shouldn't it have a tag axle?

The amount of gullibility is insane..

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Since when????

15 minutes ago, TomaszSBklyn said:

It's a joke. It's why SevenEleven's post got 13 laughs......

58 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

It's a joke. It's why SevenEleven's post got 13 laughs......

I get why the new guy might be confused.

Everyone else should of already known we DO NOT have any 7000 Coach units especially when all the 7000's are post-2010 units serving LOCAL routes. If you are a regular and you didn't get @SevenEleven's sarcasm then idk what to tell you..... 

I had a really weird thought of the B3 filling in that local bus coverage gap on Cropsey Avenue and going as far west as the VA Hospital. In this scenario (which assumes an appreciable level of investment), short-turns would be added between the current western terminus at the Ulmer Park Depot and Kings Plaza, while the existing trips would be extended westward.

Sure, I don't expect it to actually work (the thing that spurred this on was the aforementioned gap, after all), but it's a random thought.

Speaking of the B3, does it even warrant substantially more service west of Kings Plaza during any daytime periods? I'd imagine it would, but I could easily be wrong.

11 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I’m on XD60 5408 on the Q64 and I’m starting to remember how old these buses are. Definitely louder than what I remember lol. 

Those buses growl till the fat lady can’t sing anymore now lol. Love the ZF XDs in the city.

On a side note, School Tripper artics are back on at least one of the Gun Hill routes. 5311 is on the Bx28 as we speak.

2 hours ago, NBTA said:

Those buses growl till the fat lady can’t sing anymore now lol. Love the ZF XDs in the city.

On a side note, School Tripper artics are back on at least one of the Gun Hill routes. 5311 is on the Bx28 as we speak.

That's just the regular AM rush hour trip from Kingsbridge. KB has one run on the 28 to and from Co-Op City, and they tend to throw whatever they have on that trip.