BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Oh please... Those RTSs have seen their prime already a long time ago... Time to go already... The last time a rode an RTS in Brooklyn was on a B6 and it looked horrid inside... A 51XX if I recall correctly. I'm in Brooklyn regularly, least you forget that I'm from Brooklyn. <_< Anywho, the UP buses I tend to use regularly are the B4, B6, B64, X27, X28, though over the years I've used all of the UP lines, save the B74. I was down there a few weeks ago to be precise and make several trips down there each month.... I'm sure I'm more involved with bus service in Southern Brooklyn than you are and you still live there. <_<

I ride '99 RTS's all the time, they're usually fine, but yet again, we have different standards.

Uh excuse me, but there are MCI express buses that are 7 - 8 years old that are in pristine condition and they're far better than those new Prevosts which are utter garbage. Those RTSs and those ex-Bee Line buses should've been retired already.

I don't go to Queens, so I can't comment on the status of the bees, but yet again, those RTS's are fine, and won't be retired with the next order.

UP needs all of the new buses they can get, not more hand me down RTSs....

What? So it would be better if they go to ENY or MHV? They have to go somewhere.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh please... Those RTSs have seen their prime already a long time ago... Time to go already... The last time a rode an RTS in Brooklyn was on a B6 and it looked horrid inside... A 51XX if I recall correctly. I'm in Brooklyn regularly, least you forget that I'm from Brooklyn. <_< Anywho, the UP buses I tend to use regularly are the B4, B6, B64, X27, X28, though over the years I've used all of the UP lines, save the B74. I was down there a few weeks ago to be precise and make several trips down there each month.... I'm sure I'm more involved with bus service in Southern Brooklyn than you are and you still live there. <_<

I ride '99 RTS's all the time, they're usually fine, but yet again, we have different standards.

Uh excuse me, but there are MCI express buses that are 7 - 8 years old that are in pristine condition and they're far better than those new Prevosts which are utter garbage. Those RTSs and those ex-Bee Line buses should've been retired already.

I don't go to Queens, so I can't comment on the status of the bees, but yet again, those RTS's are fine, and won't be retired with the next order.

UP needs all of the new buses they can get, not more hand me down RTSs....

What? So it would be better if they go to ENY or MHV? They have to go somewhere.

Actually the last thing Brooklyn depots should be getting is more RTSs....

Well, this never gets old..... lol

I seriously cant see why people dont like them..their either jealous/haters/bias because

1. the bus is that good.

2. they cant ride the bus because not in their area

3. New Flyer made it

4. so many people like it

i will argue that the XD40s have NOO problems...besides the MINOR electrical problems at the beginning of the delivery that are fixed now.

I seriously cant see why people dont like them..their either jealous/haters/bias because

1. the bus is that good.

3. New Flyer made it

i will argue that the XD40s have NOO problems...besides the MINOR electrical problems at the beginning of the delivery that are fixed now.

Don't mean to burst your bubble there, but I'm not a fan of the XD40's myself. They're ok, but not my favorite. And secondly, most people won't hate a certain bus because it's not within their home and/or neighborhood; that's you. Lastly, New Flyer being the manufacturer of them has nothing to do with it.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

1. the bus is that good.

3. New Flyer made it

Nobody really says they hated the bus in the first place. It's just that some of use think the bus might be a little over-rated. And who would say that a person is jealous of a bus. It would be just like this:

DIALOGUE TIME#

New Flyer: I'm more popular than you!

Gillig: Oh, F**k you!

I mean, that's just the way I see it, forgive me.

Don't mean to burst your bubble there, but I'm not a fan of the XD40's myself. They're ok, but not my favorite. And secondly, most people won't hate a certain bus because it's not within their home and/or neighborhood; that's you. Lastly, New Flyer being the manufacturer of them has nothing to do with it.

Nobody really says they hated the bus in the first place. It's just that some of use think the bus might be a little over-rated. And who would say that a person is jealous of a bus. It would be just like this:

DIALOGUE TIME#

New Flyer: I'm more popular than you!

Gillig: Oh, F**k you!

I mean, that's just the way I see it, forgive me.

Thats what im talking about...yall say its not your favorite. so i want to know what don't yall like about it?

Thats what im talking about...yall say its not your favorite. so i want to know what don't yall like about it?

Oh boy..... There are other variety of fleets in NYC that I can ride, besides the Xcelsior. I love them all equally and once again: that's the point of "TEAM NEUTRAL". Thank you.

The '99 RTS aren't going anywhere soon, and they're fine, especially the ones at FLA and MJQ...

The Bee's at LGA need to be retired, but I recently rode a Bee @ Baisley Park that was still kicking ass...

You can't put ads on the rear (or front, I think) of the bus, so that's possible revenue lost... they have a bit TOO much standing space, and too little seats. Other than that, they're OK...

please....XD40s are the greatest

You have been severely misled if you think they are the greatest...

A. The fact that 15142351412412413 people would kill themselves over them, including you.

B. The sunroof is terrible as it leaks in water worse than anything else.

C. The climate control on a majority of them suck. Their air conditioning is weak, but the heat is OK. The Orions are better at that regard.

D. Compared to an LFS or the 7000s, they can't take bumps for shit.

My list goes on as I have a lot more reasons behind this....

Everyone is thinking D60's need to be replaced. Not the one's I see!

.....and there's a whole crapload that you HAVEN'T seen....

A. The fact that 15142351412412413 people would kill themselves over them, including you.

B. The sunroof is terrible as it leaks in water worse than anything else.

C. The climate control on a majority of them suck. Their air conditioning is weak, but the heat is OK. The Orions are better at that regard.

D. Compared to an LFS or the 7000s, they can't take bumps for shit.

Orions are FTW with AC! I completely agree with you! Do op's like driving the XD40's?

.....and there's a whole crapload that you HAVEN'T seen....

LOL!

I've never been more scared and pissed off by dollar vans in my life than I was today by Kings Plaza. Those a**holes already pissed me off because they caused so much traffic on Avenue U and were picking up at city bus stops, delaying the B3 so much that it took about 4 lights for all of the B3s to get from the end of the mall to the light at Flatbush. And don't say that they don't cause any additional traffic, those guys make up the majority of the cars trying to turn at that light and always stop in the middle of the street or at MTA bus stops to pick up passengers. They also are VERY scary when they try to pick up fares, almost every one that passed kept creepily asking me if I "need a van" and they just sit there expecting me to get in their van over the MTA bus. And the way they try to pimp out their vans with TVs and air horns (which I'm real sure are illegal in the city) just makes me want to stay as far away from them as possible. I'm all for competition with the MTA, but those guys have to act normally and RESPECT THE LAW if they want people to pick the van over the bus.

I've never been more scared and pissed off by dollar vans in my life than I was today by Kings Plaza. Those a**holes already pissed me off because they caused so much traffic on Avenue U and were picking up at city bus stops, delaying the B3 so much that it took about 4 lights for all of the B3s to get from the end of the mall to the light at Flatbush. And don't say that they don't cause any additional traffic, those guys make up the majority of the cars trying to turn at that light and always stop in the middle of the street or at MTA bus stops to pick up passengers. They also are VERY scary when they try to pick up fares, almost every one that passed kept creepily asking me if I "need a van" and they just sit there expecting me to get in their van over the MTA bus. And the way they try to pimp out their vans with TVs and air horns (which I'm real sure are illegal in the city) just makes me want to stay as far away from them as possible. I'm all for competition with the MTA, but those guys have to act normally and RESPECT THE LAW if they want people to pick the van over the bus.

Ok we get it, they must be on crack. We know! Edited by NovaCSW8030