BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stopped by Queens today along Kissena Blvd and it was probably the first time I was there since 2006? What a difference from the sea of RTS and CNG O5s. Now mostly NGs, Nova lfs, and C40lfs.

Also saw a 3g on the B6, might be the last time I see one on the B6 if the moves speeds up before midway next month.

Na those arent leaving anytime soon, a least before Feb. If they even go based on whats going on

Na those arent leaving anytime soon, a least before Feb. If they even go based on whats going on

Uhh they're supposed to be leaving between now & January. Helll they were supposed to been gone last week - this week. I spoke to the union rep since he knows everything that goes on & I'm not really around there that much anymore to tell what's going on.

Before the NGs came, it was an all RTS depot. Jeez, for someone that hardly rides the lines here, you complain too much over a friggin depot sticker.

lol, And what put an MCI image for FB? What's the difference if it's a photo shopped image or a painting like Far Rock that shows more of the bus than the front? RTSs are still running at FB and will be for several more years. My guess is that you hate the RTSs that bad you'd prefer the NGs as the logo, right?

Actually I don't know how you would know what I ride where... In any event I'm well aware of the fleet that Flatbush has but that wasn't what I was getting at. The logo doesn't have to be centered around what type of buses the depot has. I simply expressed my opinion about the depot sticker, which last I checked I was entitled to do just like you b*tch about B41 service.

Exactly. All I see is complaining from a guy that rarely rides the buses in this area. If you polled the average rider, I'd guess most wouldn't give a shit about the logo. Worry about worse logos like SC and then worry about FB or ENY.

Ftr, if they changed the logos, then meh. As long as it doesn't look like a 3rd grader did the logo, *i don't care.*

Like I said I don't know how you could know what I ride where, especially since I am from Brooklyn. Since you take such an issue with me simply commenting (not complaining) on a logo, I don't want to hear you b*tch about anything either.

tumblr_m23kkqbkJ31r8esl8o1_500.jpg

I care about it as much as I care about which buses you take photos of. That should answer your question. Damn... I just made some comments about about a logo and everybody is going ape sh*t over it. Smh... Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Actually I don't know how you would know what I ride where... In any event I'm well aware of the fleet that Flatbush has but that wasn't what I was getting at. The logo doesn't have to be centered around what type of buses the depot has. I simply expressed my opinion about the depot sticker, which last I checked I was entitled to do just like you b*tch about B41 service.

Are you really comparing whining about a sticker to complaints about a bus route?

Come on now.

Are you really comparing whining about a sticker to complaints about a bus route?

Come on now.

My point was that any time I make a comment about something he calls it complaining... I was asked about some of the logos by another poster and I simply gave my opinion on them... Simple as that.... Far from complaining... Actually let's move on from this already because this is pointless. Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

My point was that any time I make a comment about something he calls it complaining... I was asked about some of the logos by another poster and I simply gave my opinion on them... Simple as that.... Far from complaining... Actually let's move on from this already because this is pointless.

You brought it up and now you're calling it pointless? Typical...

Like I said I don't know how you could know what I ride where, especially since I am from Brooklyn. Since you take such an issue with me simply commenting (not complaining) on a logo, I don't want to hear you b*tch about anything either.

I care about it as much as I care about which buses you take photos of. That should answer your question. Damn... I just made some comments about about a logo and everybody is going ape sh*t over it. Smh...

The point is, there are RTSs here, you went on saying you'd like something that ECH or Yonkers has. I'm saying, does it really matter? From your past comments it seemed you ride the buses based from Ulmer. And for someone that rides express buses and raves about them, excuse me for thinking you actually rode the old decrepit local buses as opposed to riding some of the various BM buses around here. Surely you could transfer from a BXM to a BM bus in midtown within 2 hours, just sayin.

I complain about the shoddy B41 service anytime outside of the rush hours (and I believe I only did that maybe 10 times or less out of the few years I've been here).*which is also a few years now vs some service change like the (R) that happened a few months ago due to a hurricane and massive flooding. Hardly the same as complaining about a sticker that most average (non transit oriented like us) people would think about. 'Am from Brooklyn'? So where are you? You said you were in Riverdale in the 'non Bronx' area.

Because it seems so out of the blue. Is it really that bad that the MTA has to change them to suit your tastes? MTA Bus were taken over and had a fresh start and could choose new designs. I don't see why any of the NYCT depots need any logo changes unless they had a name change like Tuskegee or were newly built: Grand and Meridith.

But alright fine. I'll end it because this is going to be pointless anyway arguing over this.

Edited by Grand Concourse

The point is, there are RTSs here, you went on saying you'd like something that ECH or Yonkers has. I'm saying, does it really matter? From your past comments it seemed you ride the buses based from Ulmer. And for someone that rides express buses and raves about them, excuse me for thinking you actually rode the old decrepit local buses as opposed to riding some of the various BM buses around here. Surely you could transfer from a BXM to a BM bus in midtown within 2 hours, just sayin.

I complain about the shoddy B41 service anytime outside of the rush hours. Hardly the same as complaining about a sticker that most average (non transit oriented like us) people would think about. 'Am from Brooklyn'? So where are you? You said you were in Riverdale in the 'non Bronx' area.

Because it seems so out of the blue. Is it really that bad that the MTA has to change them to suit your tastes? MTA Bus were taken over and had a fresh start and could choose new designs. I don't see why any of the NYCT depots need any logo changes unless they had a name change like Tuskegee or were newly built: Grand and Meridith.

Ay yay yay... Three of us were simply having a conversation about the logos and I was asked my opinion on them... I don't think this conversation is worth going on and on about because it really is NOT important AT ALL. Had I not been asked about them I wouldn't have even entertained the idea. As for my whereabouts, I travel all over the city, regularly and I'm in Brooklyn A LOT. I was born and raised there and lived there for more than half of my life, so I would never just come there "sporadically"... You don't hear me talking about the local buses there because sometimes rather than wait and deal with the sh*t service I just walk, but I've used just about every bus line in Brooklyn for years. Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Had I known the Q60 had 20 min headways after 8 pm, I'd have never stood out there all that time yesterday..... the food from that salvadorian spot over at the 144th/jamaica stop was smellin good though (I went to the subway over there; didn't feel like goin in that mickey D's over by sutphin).... I saw 3 Q56's & 3 Q54's pass by me in the meantime.... anyway, I ended up sitting on the one of the single seats on the low floors, and I have to say that was a nice view looking out the front window w/ the snow flakes descending from the sky....

So we get to Queens center mall (where the crowd started piling on)..... Man, this one couple brought this big ass television set onto the bus.... Just about everyone that wanted to get to the back of the bus had their little attitudes (with good reason).... If I would've had to have gotten off before he did, it'd have been some shit - basically I was blocked in by the box where my legs/feet were, as I was sitting... He was standing next to me, and his girlfriend/wife & 2 small kids occupied the pair seating adjacent to me..... I guess you can call it one of those group convo's or whatever, but people were saying why didn't they get a cab, why did they have to come on the bus blocking up the aisles.... Some of what was being said, I even chuckled at......

Anyway, I got off @ the Queens plz. station (so I was straight), they ended up gettin off somewhere in the 50s' (short of roosevelt)...

the very last leg of the trip was a fail though.... after having to run for the B62, I waited like 20 mins. for a B46 @ WBP - that I ended up oversleeping on.... luckily I woke up at Av D (it was a LTD), so the walk back wasn't as bad.... Least I helped out some (drunk) dude in tellin him what time it was.....

Edited by B35 via Church

Ay yay yay... Three of us were simply having a conversation about the logos and I was asked my opinion on them... I don't think this conversation is worth going on and on about because it really is NOT important AT ALL. Had I not been asked about them I wouldn't have even entertained the idea. As for my whereabouts, I travel all over the city, regularly and I'm in Brooklyn A LOT. I was born and raised there and lived there for more than half of my life, so I would never just come there "sporadically"... You don't hear me talking about the local buses there because sometimes rather than wait and deal with the sh*t service I just walk, but I've used just about every bus line in Brooklyn for years.

Well good for you then.. seriously. From all the times you post about stuff in the shout out box, this is something you leave out. So :shrugs: ok then.

I travel daily on the local bus and for the most part the B41 is my main bus route, so I'm very familiar with the line, thus it's why I would mention it. Also for me it's not exactly a short walk either, thus it's a bus or I'm sol/late.

Edited by Grand Concourse

Well good for you then.. seriously. From all the times you post about stuff in the shout out box, this is something you leave out. So :shrugs: ok then.

I travel daily on the local bus and for the most part the B41 is my main bus route, so I'm very familiar with the line, thus it's why I would mention it. Also for me it's not exactly a short walk either, thus it's a bus or I'm sol/late.

During my high school years in particular, I used to ride the B49, B44, B36 and B4 often and continued to do so when I lived in Midwood for a few years (along with other routes like the B2, B3, B6, B9, B11, B16, B31, etc.) and in fact I can attest to you that service in Brooklyn has gotten worse over the years... I still go to Brooklyn to shop regularly esp. down in my old neighborhood in Sheepshead Bay... The B49 I don't even bother with... Seems like every time I bother to wait for it it never comes or comes 20 - 30 minutes later so I just walk for decent distance I may just walk over to the (Q) and take that. While the B41 is not one of the regular routes I use, I'm quite familiar with it because I used it from time to time when I worked by Jay St with the (MTA). I used to have to frequent the Livingston St office as well for timesheets so depending on where I was going I used it from time to time.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Had I known the Q60 had 20 min headways after 8 pm, I'd have never stood out there all that time yesterday..... the food from that salvadorian spot over at the 144th/jamaica stop was smellin good though (I went to the subway over there; didn't feel like goin in that mickey D's over by sutphin).... I saw 3 Q56's & 3 Q54's pass by me in the meantime.... anyway, I ended up sitting on the one of the single seats on the low floors, and I have to say that was a nice view looking out the front window w/ the snow flakes descending from the sky....

144th & Jamaica, right nearby my neck of the woods. That Salvadorian spot is good stuff, I go there like every once in a while. Anytime I'm at that part of Jamaica Ave, I either go there or the Wendys down by Queens Blvd & Jamaica Ave. There is quite a selection around that area.

I learned that Q60 shit the hard way especially since I was along a part of Queens Blvd past the 7 line which was farrrrr away from Subway Service. The screwed up part is that when I finally got a bus, 3 of them shits came back to back and Queens Blvd had little to no traffic....

Edited by Cait Sith
Typos

So my aunt rode the XD40 on the B82...

Luckyy her ehh?!?

"Ohh my god i rode the new bus you was talking about on the B82. It looks so nice, its so bright, clean, i LOVE the yellow poles. The automatic announcements, what is it? Please exit through the rear door. and the door talks to people etc. The seats are very comfortable and CLEAN. I love the single seats in the back. And most of all, i finally pulled that cord you was talking about lol im so used to that dirty tape. And i got home very fast, its a fast bus i like it, they need to get rid of those nasty old buses that barely work LOL."

LOL i was happy for her that she got her first ride on the Xcelsior and a bus with pull cords.

Seen 8571 that one is still running proud. I bet those Orion CNG's from CP and SC would of been retired only if Hurricane Sandy didn't mess things up. I see them run back to back on the Q25,Q34 and Q64. The Q64 is the best line to catch them because its short and half of the route uses them.

So my aunt rode the XD40 on the B82...

Luckyy her ehh?!?

"Ohh my god i rode the new bus you was talking about on the B82. It looks so nice, its so bright, clean, i LOVE the yellow poles. The automatic announcements, what is it? Please exit through the rear door. and the door talks to people etc. The seats are very comfortable and CLEAN. I love the single seats in the back. And most of all, i finally pulled that cord you was talking about lol im so used to that dirty tape. And i got home very fast, its a fast bus i like it, they need to get rid of those nasty old buses that barely work LOL."

LOL i was happy for her that she got her first ride on the Xcelsior and a bus with pull cords.

Clean Seats??? Maybe a seat or 2 were clean, ENY gets their hands on things and it's never the same.

Hmm, a family of foamers. It fits pretty well. ^_^

LMAO

Hmm, a family of foamers. It fits pretty well. ^_^

Thats not funny...thats f**ked up...

im the only one in my family that knows this stuff...i told her about it cause shes a B82 rider. She just told me about it from a riders point of view...not a foamers...

>:[

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888