BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Castleton will be torn down eventually and a new depot will be there so I would imagine that they would.

im saying it as if in the next month the mta decides to send hybrids to caselton  are the "hybrid" facilities still there?  not saying they will or should. im saying are the hybrid facilities still there?

Edited by BreeddekalbL

im saying it as if in the next month the mta decides to send hybrids to caselton  are the "hybrid" facilities still there?  not saying they will or should. im saying are the hybrid facilities still there?

Don't see why they would... The (MTA) changes their mind so much that they would be foolish to make any serious modifications to the depot.

After reading posts about some folks catching codebreaks, the only codebreak I've seen in recent times was an Orion VII OG CNG from WF signed up as a Q48 here in the BX... That was almost a year ago... I guess I'm not that lucky catching codebreaks like some of you guys lol...

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

If the M34 artic conversion (gotta start any day now) ends up pushing the RTSes outta Quill, I'm gonna be tight...

126th still has some RTSs. Maybe quill pushes out some ngs to 126 and 126 sends their 9600s to Brooklyn?

Also checking my camera, the 3 buses I saw at FB av in the morning yesterday were 5822/25/36.

I am LOVING these 2013 Nova Artics on the B44. I rode 5325 this afternoon heading to work and it still has the new bus smell to it...lol

Every year I'm at H&R Block I always see different things on the B44 and B43, the lines that pass right out front of my job. I started working here in 2011 and there have been a lot of changes in terms of bus assignments:

2011:

• B43: Occasional Orion 5 CNG, sporadic Orion 7 CNGs, regular 1999/2000 New Flyer C40LFs
  • B44: RTS and Orion Next Gens

2012:

• B43: Orion 5 CNGs got scarce but would still show up from time to time. Orion 7s still making appearances sporadically. 1999/2000 New Flyers still running regularly, and the 2011/2012 New Flyers started coming in.
  • B44: No changes

This year:

• B43: Orion 5 CNGs gone ( :(), 1999/2000 New Flyers becoming a rarity, sporadic Orion 7 CNGs, 2011/2012/2013 New Flyers became the new regulars on the line.
  • B44: Nova LFS Artics showing up on the line occasionally. Just started running on weekends now starting last week Saturday (3/2/13).

If I return to H&R next year, I wonder what changes will come to both lines. I can see the 1999/2000 New Flyers completely gone and the B44-SBS fully operational with wrapped Nova Artics on the line. Let's see if I'm right.

there was an orion V cng that was renumbered 9999 why was it renumbered?

also what happened to the orion 6's that the MTA had?

#9999 became #8582, but I don't know why.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/39330-numbers-never-used-by-the-mta-and-most-recently-used-for-the-1st-time/?hl=8582&do=findComment&comment=636362

And those Orion VIs (from earlier in this thread):

Came across these videos.

Were the #600 Orion V CNGs part of the MTA or were they ex-private?

And I didn't even know that the Orion VI was still running around 2009. I thought they were retired earlier.

The 600s were part of the 500 series buses (and 317) that the MTA ordered in the mid-90s. No private service for those, though a select few ran under MTA Bus at the very end. As far as I remember the O6s were long gone from service by 2009...

Edited by GojiMet86