BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Operation Frankenstein is in full effect. When it's all said and done, the front half of 5658 will be attached to the rear half of 5656. Don't know what the bus will be numbered afterwards though...

what the deuce? what happened to those 2 when they were their original?

Edited by BreeddekalbL

what the deuce? what happened to those 2 when they were their original?

Accidents...

5656-just an accident..

5657- ran over matress...burst into flames ( similar to LFS 8017)

5658- when the scaffold fell on the roof

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/20691-regional-bus-movestransfers/page-352

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

Finally got to ride a new Artic on the B44 bus 5334 tonight nice ride.
To bad the seats in the rear already have got graffiti on some of them.

But could someone tell me why some of them have chains on the rear wheels???
I seen and heard 5341 and 5349 go pass me with the chains on.
I was walking and yes the ground was wet, but not slippery.
No need for the chains, this was around 730pm tonight.

For traction... It was supposed to snow today but nothing happened and they had them out like that since this morning so no point in pulling them in to do that until the bus is done for the day....

For traction... It was supposed to snow today but nothing happened and they had them out like that since this morning so no point in pulling them in to do that until the bus is done for the day....

And you wonder why the streets are so f**ked up out east.

Hmmm....that explains Brooklyn...mainly Linden Blvd. 86st. And Atlantic Ave are terrible...

I mean don't get me wrong, we have our share of worn roads out on the West Coast, but it doesn't compare to out East.

Whereas in Cali most roads are just worn straight down causing some cracks and occasional potholes, the roads in NY are heavily weathered due to rain and snow. The road salt and chains don't help much either.

And how hell do the sidewalks weather as well? Anyone from Brooklyn and Staten Island will testify to cracked and crumbling sidewalks. Seriously, go for a walk in SI and half the time you're walking on stones and pebbles in the residential areas.

I mean don't get me wrong, we have our share of worn roads out on the West Coast, but it doesn't compare to out East.

Whereas in Cali most roads are just worn straight down causing some cracks and occasional potholes, the roads in NY are heavily weathered due to rain and snow. The road salt and chains don't help much either.

And how hell do the sidewalks weather as well? Anyone from Brooklyn and Staten Island will testify to cracked and crumbling sidewalks. Seriously, go for a walk in SI and half the time you're walking on stones and pebbles in the residential areas.

Hmmm....that explains Brooklyn...mainly Linden Blvd. 86st. And Atlantic Ave are terrible...

lol... There are a few problems with NYC... For one they use cheap asphalt to repave that lasts maybe a few years before major potholes start forming and then the repaving is often times done poorly.  It's something that some politicians esp. on Staten Island have been complaining about for a long time and have been trying to get fixed to no avail, though they (politicians like Oddo) have allocated more monies for repaving on Staten Island as the situation was really deplorable for quite some time.  I know some people who had cars on SI and they were spending thousands and thousands of dollars just on routine repairs like replacing shocks and such because they would become worn out so quickly because the sh*t roads.  

As for the pebbles on sidewalks on Staten Island, it's something I never understood... I've never seen that anywhere else, and in fact I almost hurt my ankle on a few occasions walking quickly and not seeing the pebbles and rocks scattered about.   I used to wonder if people were just scattering them about (as in on purpose) or what because it was so strange to walk to a corner and see a bunch of sand and rocks all about and not necessarily see any repaving or pothole fixing. 

lol... There are a few problems with NYC... For one they use cheap asphalt to repave that lasts maybe a few years before major potholes start forming and then the repaving is often times done poorly.  It's something that some politicians esp. on Staten Island have been complaining about for a long time and have been trying to get fixed to no avail, though they (politicians like Oddo) have allocated more monies for repaving on Staten Island as the situation was really deplorable for quite some time.  I know some people who had cars on SI and they were spending thousands and thousands of dollars just on routine repairs like replacing shocks and such because they would become worn out so quickly because the sh*t roads.  

As for the pebbles on sidewalks on Staten Island, it's something I never understood... I've never seen that anywhere else, and in fact I almost hurt my ankle on a few occasions walking quickly and not seeing the pebbles and rocks scattered about.   I used to wonder if people were just scattering them about (as in on purpose) or what because it was so strange to walk to a corner and see a bunch of sand and rocks all about and not necessarily see any repaving or pothole fixing. 

I've come to expect :bus_bullet_b9: s and :bus_bullet_b64: s to use the side streets instead of Bay Ridge Avenue once every two years because of that reason...

Saw an XD60 on the BX12 local earlier, I forgot the #. It was at 207 St around 6:15 pm. I have a pic but its in PC quality (640 x 480) (right now my screen is broken on my camera, the other day I tried to change the settings so I can put the camera on Flash mode, and I wound up changing everything except Flash. Since I can't see what i'm doing, its practically impossible to change the settings back).

For anybody in the area, crazy amount of O5 CNGs on the 66 today. Just saw three in a row head by, wish I had my camera on me. Oh, and 9902 running on the Q101, feels just like the old days seeing CNGs on that line.

Minor fender bender for 1253 just went down, 2nd Ave traffic is a bitch...

Edited by MHV9218