BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Would the numbers of the buses shown be (left to right): 9317, 9865, 7672, 6853, 6290, and then 3548?

Missed it by 1, its 3741.

Almost time for ZF happy time!

ZF happy time already started. Just not in passenger service, they've arrived to NYC.

In the end....i hope 4810-4899 go to UP like the other BTE buses...when these other Xcelsiors come...

Nah I doubt it, East New York wasn't even supposed to get those buses to begin with.

What happened to 4818 ? The numbers have been changed. It has Ariel numbers now.

The #'s probably pealed off or were falling off so they replaced them.

Edited by ciboii22

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah I doubt it, the only reason 4810-54 went to ENY is because the union guy lost in election. East New York wasn't even supposed to get those buses to begin with. So for everyone who thinks they were supposed to get them then they weren't.

? what does losing an election have to do with a bus assignment?

No, I get that, I just assumed the regen systems referred to on the hybrids were specifically electric regenerative breaking to charge the hybrid system batteries.

That's something totally different. The one I'm referring to is the exhaust regeneration system

Forgive me for sounding like 'the slow guy off field' but, I didn't know that SC C40s could park at JFK Depot. Not the lot, but the depot at Rockaway Avenue. Too dark to see but I see five of them. My point being that I thought SC will just doing JFK a favor but well.... you get that point. ^_^

Edited by Metro CSW

Nah I doubt it, East New York wasn't even supposed to get those buses to begin with.

Now now now my brotha, let's think back to what Acela said in December:

The XD40s were slated for ENY originally but lacked the sensor to shut off the regen system upon entering the depot, according to our Vice Chair - Willie Rivera.

Or did you not read page 332 of the Bus Moves Thread......

Edited by Metro CSW

I am very new to the forum thing. I came here because I am having an issue with the union rep at my depot. Here's my question. Is there a way to get into the shifter class outside my depot? The reason for the question is because I have been in my depot coming up on three years and for some reason it seems that I am being overlooked or forgotten about, and I always get the same answer "next class", then when I go to ask again I am told that I just missed one

http://www.youtube.com/user/MaBSTOARTS?feature=watch

anyone know what's going on here? this is not the clever devices so what is it?

That probably isn't a Clever Devices system, could be another vendor's. Definitely a computerized voice. Clever just snapped up Digital Recorders this past year, which was one of their biggest competitors, the only other guys left would be Orbital-ACS and Siemens (who made the POS demo system that was on 126's buses a few years ago). Siemens did use a computerized voice as well IIRC. Maybe the MTA decided to build another wonderful "open-source" thing based on BusTime, the only other vendor that would make sense to me would be Clever since their equipment is in the buses already but that doesn't look like one of their systems at all. 

Just glad to see the MTA finally joining the 21st century and getting auto announcements, hopefully it's for good this time. They gotta fix that door announcement though, it should just play once when the door opens like the Clever Devices at NJT and NICE.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

That probably isn't a Clever Devices system, could be another vendor's. Definitely a computerized voice. Clever just snapped up Digital Recorders this past year, which was one of their biggest competitors, the only other guys left would be Orbital-ACS and Siemens (who made the POS demo system that was on 126's buses a few years ago). Siemens did use a computerized voice as well IIRC. Maybe the MTA decided to build another wonderful "open-source" thing based on BusTime, the only other vendor that would make sense to me would be Clever since their equipment is in the buses already but that doesn't look like one of their systems at all. 

Just glad to see the MTA finally joining the 21st century and getting auto announcements, hopefully it's for good this time. They gotta fix that door announcement though, it should just play once when the door opens like the Clever Devices at NJT and NICE.

thats a gun hill bus so you know maybe it's one of those things you mentioned.

thats a gun hill bus so you know maybe it's one of those things you mentioned.

I wouldn't be surprised if the MTA just developed something "in house" again, especially how the announcements just sound so cheap. And to install Clever Devices' AVA would be much cheaper than using them for BusTime, but I guess the MTA just had to be their usual cheap selves.

But hey, we (hopefully) won't be stuck in the 20th Century much longer! As long as these can be understood and they put interior LED signs in that will also show the next stop, I guess I really can't complain.

Now now now my brotha, let's think back to what Acela said in December:

Or did you not read page 332 of the Bus Moves Thread......

Thank you for that.... ^_^

The union guy at UP lost in election, that's why ENY got those buses. They weren't supposed to get them anyways...

Ummm...as far as I know, elections don't got much to do with bus moves.....

Edited by Cait Sith

Yeah, I mentioned the #20, but that only runs rush hours. I came across a question on Yahoo Answers asking about how to get to somewhere in the Hartford area, so it reminded me that I never found any sort of all-day alternative to the #20.

With the interlining, I'm not sure if you told me, but does the B/O announce "this is leaving as XX route", and everybody who needs that route just stays on (without using a transfer)?......

Announcements, nope... The driver just changes the destination sign as it's approaching the transcenter....

I guess what helps is that the EB 11's that pull in & leave as 41's pull into the lane where the "40's" routes stop at (eastern-most lane, bay 4).....

Everyone already on the route that needs the 41 just stays on.. I was worried about that too when I first started fanning out there.

Never been on a bus out there where the driver kicked pax off to have them re-board & pay (via fare or xfer) during the interlining process....

Usually when I take the B62 home from work, I get off at Williamsburg Bridge Plaza and take either the B60 or the (J) train (depending on my mood).

I get close by and I see a LFSA leaving on the B44 (no chance of me catching it). I wait for the B60 and I see another one come into the terminal. So I get in that one, (screw the B60, it was a NG anyway lol). I don't mind riding this to Church Av. Even got a picture in the middle of the turn...

882394_10200392620052426_537933628_o.jpg

5334...and 5325 was the next bus after that lol

Yeahh im a mess...i get the same buses all the damm time...and ENY took most of the buses i havent rode...if UP had all 90 them i would be thw real XcelsiorBoii...right now im a mess...thats about 30/90 buses...

LMAO.... Oh boy...

Peeling? Was the white paint actually peeling? Cause that's the only paint on that bus; MTA specced black vinyl and blue sticker stripes which come right off. 4899 is the only painted XD40.

Yep... I commented on it in a pics thread... I think Q23 took some pics in Downtown Brooklyn recently and one of those Xcelsior buses had the side all messed up.

Thank you for that.... ^_^

Ummm...as far as I know, elections don't got much to do with bus moves.....

Well if you would've been going to a certain bus depot for over 10 years then you would know all the information. But alright, whatever you say.