BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

S83 and S99? What were they gonna do?

S99 was supposed to be a Victory Blvd LTD or something (Google is your friend), and the S83 was supposed to be an S53 limited that went down Narrows Rd instead of through South Beach and went to Port Richmond with the S53.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6853 Went up in flames

I thought that bus had the 2 broke girls ad?

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/37358-another-o7-tests-out-a-new-heating-system/

and that looks like the phat farm ad.

this is what happened to 3548:

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/readflat.asp?Id=255758

Edited by R188 7857

S99 was supposed to be a Victory Blvd LTD or something (Google is your friend), and the S83 was supposed to be an S53 limited that went down Narrows Rd instead of through South Beach and went to Port Richmond with the S53.

There's already a Victory Blvd LTD called the S92. I've heard about the S83 for the longest

The S99 would be a reverse-peak S98. But instead of going to Arlington, it would go to the West Shore Plaza (and probably the Teleport as well).

As far as I know, they haven't actually studied either of those routes (BTW, their rendition of an S83 had it go along McClean Avenue, while making limited stops. I think they also had it extended down Richmond Terrace). They had some kind of North Shore Alternatives Study (done by an outside consultant), and they actually told me "Oh, yeah, we just threw out a few new routes ideas without really studying them". (Which was clearly evident)

In other words, neither of those routes are getting implemented in the immediate future. Maybe a few years down the line (hopefully after they studied it more to do it the right way), but that's about it.

The S99 would be a reverse-peak S98. But instead of going to Arlington, it would go to the West Shore Plaza (and probably the Teleport as well).

As far as I know, they haven't actually studied either of those routes (BTW, their rendition of an S83 had it go along McClean Avenue, while making limited stops. I think they also had it extended down Richmond Terrace). They had some kind of North Shore Alternatives Study (done by an outside consultant), and they actually told me "Oh, yeah, we just threw out a few new routes ideas without really studying them". (Which was clearly evident). This was a couple of years ago, so anything could've happened since then, but they haven't made any official statements saying they plan on implementing those routes.

In other words, neither of those routes are getting implemented in the immediate future. Maybe a few years down the line (hopefully after they studied it more to do it the right way), but that's about it.

As far as I know, they haven't actually studied either of those routes (BTW, their rendition of an S83 had it go along McClean Avenue, while making limited stops. I think they also had it extended down Richmond Terrace). They had some kind of North Shore Alternatives Study (done by an outside consultant), and they actually told me "Oh, yeah, we just threw out a few new routes ideas without really studying them". (Which was clearly evident)

Typical

Caught 6194 on the S79 Select today...looks like this weekend was good to me in terms of catching Orion 5s on the S79. Other than that I spent the day in S.I. mainly riding the S74 and S78...although I see Yukon and Castleton buses on those lines for school trippers, I'm still getting used to seeing Yukon 6300s on the S74 again since I haven't rode a Yukon bus on the S74 in regular service since 2010. When I went back to Brooklyn I caught 934 and 847 on the B70. A good weekend I have to say.

Caught 6194 on the S79 Select today...looks like this weekend was good to me in terms of catching Orion 5s on the S79. Other than that I spent the day in S.I. mainly riding the S74 and S78...although I see Yukon and Castleton buses on those lines for school trippers, I'm still getting used to seeing Yukon 6300s on the S74 again since I haven't rode a Yukon bus on the S74 in regular service since 2010. When I went back to Brooklyn I caught 934 and 847 on the B70. A good weekend I have to say.

How are there school trippers on the weekends? LOL...

And by the way...school is on Break...Spring Recess.

So what you are seeing on the S74 (63xx) and S78 (Castleton buses)

is because Charleston is a weekday only depot...so its two lines. S74 & S78 are spilt between the other depots...

S74- Yukon

S78- Castleton

Why they putting those O5s on the S79? Some wrapped NGs getting serviced?

Cause Yukon is a mess...

Good enough answer for me. Their local buses are a disgusting mess on the inside. I hate taking the S79 SBS (mind you the speed of the route is excellent) because 3/4 of the time the seats in the back are all covered in dry gum and/or seemingly an entire emptied bag of chips and crumbs and/or something else I don't even know and/or trash.

Yes, Charleston is closed on weekends now so the S74 and X17 run out of Yukon and the S78 run out of Castleton.

I don't mind the new S79 now but I just wish the fleet was predominately Next Gens. But yeah, S.I. depots are a mess, Charleston being the worst, and Yukon IMO just a tad better than Castleton as they take care of their 5s better than the rest of the garages, with Yukon being a hit or miss.

For some reason I think the S74 and S78 operate better when they're out of Castleton and Yukon compared to Charleston. The buses on weekends are generally on time and there are barely any missed trips.