BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I've been hearing that the XD's from ENY might actually come back. Then again I thought twice ........ Since the 4900's are going back to ENY, ENY pushing out their 88-8900's to LGA so those might be in place for those lost buses.

Guest MTA Bus

Yesterday, I took the (J) shuttle home. I saw 661 doing the (J) shuttle, which kinda surprised me. Also, a lot of UP RTS were doing the shuttle, including 5102.

What's the status of the new 5658 (5656's rear and 5658's front)?

It's progressing, don't know what they are stuck on but it's been in the same position for a couple days now. The bus is still in 2 pieces but they've already started body work on it.

New X27/X37, X28/X38 schedule is out... Very pleased that Bay Ridge has extended express bus service during the week to 00:30 from Midtown to Bay Ridge.  The first bus from Midtown to Bay Ridge leaves at 09:15 instead of 08:15, but I think this is a better utilization of express bus service for Bay Ridge residents.  This can also benefit X28 riders who can take the X27 down and drive home to Dyker Heights from Shore Rd.  The X37 is also running later to Bay Ridge and is seeing better frequencies in the morning and at night, with a slight cut back in X27 Downtown service to better meet demand.

http://www.mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/xpress/x027cur.pdf

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

New X27/X37, X28/X38 schedule is out... Very pleased that Bay Ridge has extended express bus service during the week to 00:30 from Midtown to Bay Ridge.  The first bus from Midtown to Bay Ridge leaves at 09:15 instead of 08:15, but I think this is a better utilization of express bus service for Bay Ridge residents.  This can also benefit X28 riders who can take the X27 down and drive home to Dyker Heights from Shore Rd.  The X37 is also running later to Bay Ridge and is seeing better frequencies in the morning and at night, with a slight cut back in X27 Downtown service to better meet demand.

http://www.mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/xpress/x027cur.pdf

It used to end at 12:30 at one point in the past. I notice that the weekend frequencies are every 30 minutes, whereas I think they were every 60 minutes (for most of the day) when they first brought it back.

On a side note does anybody know if the new pick started at Yukon today? The S44 was supposed to see a slight service boost starting in April (which I assumed would be today), but I asked a B/O, and he said there's no new schedule. The only one up on the MTA site is the January one.

Phew, the M5 helped me catch my ferry today. (Of course, the ferry coming in a little late also had something to do with it). I normally walk it out, but I saw I only had a few minutes left, so I walked along Broadway and hoped an M5 would come soon.

9633 has the Your Responsibility sticker tagged with Flatbush Rules...

Btw Does anyone know if there is a internship program where you assist with tasks in the depots? sort of what Dmouse does...

From the way that he describes his duties, Dmouse is most likely an MHB (Maintainer Helper group B). They just hired a bunch of them to replace the other MHB's that got promoted to mechanics at the end of last year. Don't know when they will start taking applications for that test again though. And there is an employment section that you should ask that question in next time. You'll get a better answer that way...

From the way that he describes his duties, Dmouse is most likely an MHB (Maintainer Helper group B). They just hired a bunch of them to replace the other MHB's that got promoted to mechanics at the end of last year. Don't know when they will start taking applications for that test again though. And there is an employment section that you should ask that question in next time. You'll get a better answer that way...

Technically yes but after i'm done with college/all schooling then I'll have a permanent position

Randoms:

F9EA3815-8F8F-4B65-BEE5-46D6BFA1B4AD-961

51EC30B3-8348-4C0B-B8CA-347CDF0362DC-961